Home Community General Football New Premier League Fixtures 23/24

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

How on earth did we land Chelsea away?! I know we can’t play a home match because of the Anfield stadium changes etc, but would have liked something a bit easier.

Come On Vinny! πŸ˜€

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Hopefully we’ll be leading at the top of the table quite comfortably as we have Saudi, Abu Dhabi, Goonies and the Micky Mousers in 4 of our last 7 games, we could possibly choke our chickens even worse than the Goonies did last year… πŸ™‚

More likely we’ll need to make sure we reach the magical 40 point mark by game 31 as we aren’t likely to pick up many after that…

Nevermind… nice(ish) games over Christmas, nothing worse for ruining your holidays…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chelsea1967
        Participant

Yes, likely another 0-0 mate and I guess the problem with Chelsea first up is you’ll have no idea what to expect, probably won’t recognise most of the first eleven to what we had during the recent disaster of a season. Hopefully Poch can have a football team run out there and not a bunch of individuals, ready to go from day one.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          threeps
          Participant

The last few Chelea Liverppol games have been shockers! They can only surely improve.

Think a lot will depend on how well a team is prepared from the preseason. Last season we looked inconsistent during the preseason games and carried that into the first games. Read we are doing our far East tour closer to the season start this time to try and hit the start at full fitness. Hopefully we get all transfer business done early

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

The worry thing is, I don’t know who will genuinely be able to compete with City next season. I think if we get the midfielders we’re currently linked with, they’ll probably need a season to bed in because they’re still young with limited international experience, and Nunez still has a question mark over him up top. So top 4 should hopefully be reached, but a title challenge not for me. Indeed looking at the spines of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd & Arsenal, I don’t think they’re good enough. Yes, players can be added over the coming months, but looking at who’s currently being linked, I just don’t see anything groundbreaking so far.

But if you look at Newcastle, they had the joint best defensive record last season, so have a great base to build on. Barella looks a potentially astute signing. They went under the radar and reached top 4 last season when no one predicted it. If they add more quality here and there, they could have a very good season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

That’s it in a nutshell… Abu Dhabi have the edge over everybody else, and everybody else will end up taking points off each other much to Abu Dhabi’s glee… and they’ll be celebrating #4-in-a-row next year…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Rover
                Participant

Think the league will be a very close affair coming up season between the top 5 teams that finished this season. Don’t believe Chelsea, Spurs or Brighton will be ready to challenge the current top 5.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  steveosnakeeye
                  Participant

I think we should forget about 1st
                    2nd is the new first and depending on Newcastle maybe 3rd 🀣

Maybe in 2 years when pep and the cyborg have left we can have some fun unless Newcastle have just taken over …. Pep to Newcastle? 🀣

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

I would have thought Qatar and Saudi Arabia have the edge over Abu Dhabi eh Chucky?
                      And their human rights are even worse??

So who will be the biggest net spenders those time? My guess United? Financed by…and that will be the question!
                      Exciting though…better than the actual matches.

Nine. If you are seeing this, how are things. Thinking of you

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

It’s not all about the money with City & Newcastle. City have got a very good recruitment team in. And Newcastle already look to be spending pretty wisely in the short time the new owners have been in. I think a problem with the established clubs: Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal, is that they’ve perhaps become a bit too cocksure of themselves, thinking they’re too big not to be able to challenge every few years or so. OK, it took some time with City to get all the ingredients there, but they’ve been ruthlessly determined to get to the top spot for years and they’ve very much got there now. I don’t think there’s much football politics at these clubs in how things should be done, just a cold steely determination to get the best people in. Compare with fans of the established clubs constantly putting pressure on their owners to make a big signing or spend money which probably worsens the decision making at these clubs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Come on Adders, bit like picking the prettiest of the ugly sisters, innit? If the best defence you’ve got is “we ain’t as bad as them lot” you don’t have mucch of a defence? πŸ™‚

I think we can all agree it isn’t just money that buys success (we only have to look at the Jammy Todgers this season for proof of that!) but when you’ve got unlimited funding and 6 million lawyers to “prove” you weren’t cheating it certainly gives you an advantage over teams on a budget and playing by the rules. I know “Pep’s Net Spend” does cast a very gentle and minute glow over Abu Dhabi’s success for the last 4/5 years, but we all also know the billion plus “Net Spend” spunked in the 7/8 years before Pepe took over sure gave him a jolly nice pearch to preach from… “Look at me, I’ve made a profit selling 600 players that previous manangement brought before I got here!”…

Let’s be honest, unlimted funding and blantant disregard for basic human rights the rules certianly give you an advantage…

So, it looks like Qatar FC are now players too… so Middle East Top 3 and the rest of us playing for 4th in the not to distant future…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Tottenham away, the Brighton away thereafter; what’s that all about?! I think if anything, we feel a little stitched up with the fixtures. Chelsea away first thing.

We needs signings otherwise we’re starring midtable below, maybe even relegation!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

C67, a Reset for you guys mate and hopefully galvanized and revitalized under Poch. Drab 0-0’s have been painful to say the least.

We need our defense to bring their A game and wake up, otherwise we’re starring at defeat first thing. Not sure when was the last time Liverpool had lost an opening day fixture.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

I think Gunners will be like last season challenging City. One or two Top Signings and they’re can get a momentum going.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Come on Nil, they’ve already done you a favour because of you stand issues, you want more? You still have to play the same 38 games as everybody else…

Personally, I’ve always thought it’s the last 7/8 games of the season where you want all the “easier” games… that’s when the pressure is on… as for the start of the season, everyteam has new players (except Jammy Todgers who’ll buy a whole new team! πŸ™‚ ), that kinda evens itself out… anyway, didn’y you just buy Brighton’s best player?? Best time to play them!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Chucky to be honest, I can’t believe the amount of utd fans who want this Qatar consortium to take over. Utd will be tarnished with the same brush as city and Newcastle no matter what way utd fans want to spin it. It’s all oil money etc. they are all linked together.

Why isbt Neville out screaming about these potential owners? He’s always banging on about morals ete but is very quiet over this. He is going to look a right hypocrite and lose a lot of respect

But! Any objective fan can see that utds ownership will be different to cities ,psg and Newcastle as they are probably along with Madrid , the biggest club in the world who generate their own money. It won’t make much of a difference to transfers as they spend millions every summer. The stadium will be improved wtc. Money for big changes but utd don’t even need an owner like these lads.

Rio Ferdinands comments are embarrassing. I wouldn’t want owners like this as every trophy be questioned but fans cannot choose their owners. I would still support Liverpool.

If people are objective, the utd take over is different but opposing fans aren’t and will call utd fans hypocrites cause if the way they have chastised city.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Tugay is God
                                    Participant

Most of the United “fans” who want Qatar are the ones from another country who have never stepped foot in Old Trafford. The ones you see on twitter commenting on the sad passing of Gordon McQueen with a comment underneath just saying “Announce Qatar”. They just want shiny new players and don’t care about anything else, so they can watch their TV programme that is “supporting” their club.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

That’s the really scary thing, Waspy, with the clout Qatar already had, having the Qatari’s taking over and very possibly employing the same underhand “who cares about the rules” attitude, they would be a force to be reckoned with that even Abu Dahbi and Saudi couldn’t cope with, especially if these the “FFP linked to turnover” rules either make any sense or, even more unlikely, genuinely enforced…

But totally agree, every pot that any of the Middle East clubs collect from now on will have a blood soaked asterix next to them…

As for Neville Neville’s eldset Neville, he has gone rather quiet but let’s be fair, that is to be expected… in his very weak defence, he can hardly do anything but tow the party line otherwise he’ll never be allowed to set foot in Old Trafford again…

English football is in a very sad state of affairs… and there’s nothing we can do about it, other than find another “hobby”…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        threeps
                                        Participant

Tugay, I would guess you could extend that to most utd fans that want Qatar are glory hunters. Admit a lot of non-UK utd fans will fall into this, but there will a fair number still in the UK (who haven’t defected to City yet).

Those fans just crave success at any cost. I think a lot of utd, Liverpool and arsenal fans would object because they know what it feels like to win untainted. City fans will never know.

Ed hit the nail on the head when he said City and Newcastle were ideal for take over because their fans craved success after years of being pretty insignificant when handing out trophies despite being a fairly big club. Blind them with shiney new toys and the promise of trophies and see how they will believe anything you tell them.

Instead of City it could easily have been Everton, or dare I say it, Spurs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Mikus LFC
                                          Participant

Thing is though, as Sean rightly says, it probably won’t make a difference to the transfer budget if the Qataris come in. As I said in my post above, what’s more attractive about these owners from a footballing point of view is that they tend to run the clubs better than others. If you look at some of these established clubs, too much power I think is given to former players and managers. I think that happened with Fergie when he reportedly recommended Moyes. Then you had Roy Keane recently bemoaning of “jobs for the boys” given to previous players. You look at Chelsea who have given the managerial job to Lampard twice in recent times. Edu, former Arsenal player is now sporting director at Arsenal. I doubt the Qataris would do this, they’d just get the best people they can in.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.