Home Community General Football New diving champion

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

The title stays in North London, but moves from Wembley to the Emirates. Stand up (or should that be fall down!)…Mr Danny Welbeck!!!

Absolutely dreadful.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Haha, not seen it. Thought Lamela and Alli still hold those medals, hahaha ๐Ÿ˜€

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

It was probably the worst of the season so far.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Alli for me still,what a plonker.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            paul powers tash
            Participant

Haha.Clousseau right up there with the biggest hypocrites currently earning a living in England.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has refused to label striker Danny Welbeck a โ€˜diverโ€™ after his controversial penalty helped the Gunners progress into the Europa League quarter-finals. Hakan Calhanogluโ€™s long-range striker had given Milan a 1-0 lead on the night going into half-time, but the England international striker went down in the oppositionโ€™s area under minimal contact from Swiss defender Ricardo Rodriguez to earn a spot-kick before the break โ€“ before dispatching the opportunity to bring the hosts level.

Wenger was diplomatic in his assessment of the decision, saying he will review the footage before offering his honest opinion on the matter. โ€˜I havenโ€™t seen it again. Do you want to accuse English players of being divers? I donโ€™t knowโ€™, he told reporters at his post-match press conference. โ€˜Thereโ€™s two things. Was it penalty or not? I donโ€™t know. The Italian players were not happy with it โ€“ I can understand that because I donโ€™t really know what it was. โ€˜After that Danny took the penalty in a convincing way. I will watch it again and give you my honest feeling about it. I will give him my honest feeling about it as well donโ€™t worry.โ€™

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/16/arsene-wenger-speaks-danny-welbecks-dive-ac-milan-7391664/?ito=cbshare

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

I think Wenger’s gone down a bit in my estimation if he did mention that. Whether being English or foreign is irrelevant. If you dive and try and cheat the game, then there’s no excuses.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

UEFA reviewing the Welbeck dive?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  whoisbeni
                  Participant

Shock! Wenger didnโ€™t see it.

Iโ€™m sick of it all, not just Welbeck or Alli but the ones in Liverpool too. When we played spurs it was awful by both sides. Firminho and Can I think were terrible.

Think we should be allowed to line up the culprits and kick em in the shins until they finally fall over – someone had bigger contact on me at Oxford Circus this evening but I didnโ€™t feel entitled to fall down or roll around the floor. For fucks sake I wish these tarts would man up.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

I can’t recall Firmino or Can diving in that particular game.

If anything, since the VAR debacle, we’ve hardly had any decisions favourable – the United game is a prime example. They say ‘it evens itself out’.

Anyway, cast-iron guarantee, the club in benefit will never come forward in honesty.

And the player too.

Get a TV screen on, get more no-nonsense Refs, show them the Red, and display the reasoning on the screen, along with a 5 game ban.

That may do the trick.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      whoisbeni
                      Participant

They spent a lot of time rolling round on the ground after minimal contact – still a dive and simulation in my book

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

F F S, I don’t even know why Liverpool players are mentioned.

Looks more and more contrived of non-Liverpool supporters Pure and Supportive, than Liverpool Supporters.

No support, no nothing I’ve noticed in EVERY THREAD, OTHER THAN ME, I THINK, NO THIS MESSAGE BOARD, EVERY MESSAGE, EVERY THREAD. FULL STOP. WHAT IS GOING ON?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

newbalance…it deflects the issue under discussion. He dived,Wenger got away with that,,,again

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

All club’s have players that dive full stop.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Nobody is innocent here, as in no clubs nor no players. Show me a player who has never dived and I’ll show you a pink anorexic rhinoceros horn.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Pagan
                                Participant

I mentioned this in another thread, we have a West Ham fan at work, so we made him a football themed Birthday card and put a picture of Dele Alli on it for a laugh, he does get a bit wound up about his footy at times so when he was away from his desk we put it out for him and waited to see what his reaction would be, trouble was it kept falling over….Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

I just googled the Wellbeck “penalty”… oh dear…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    whoisbeni
                                    Participant

Was going to reply to Nils reply to me, but then saw it was at 11.04pm which suddenly explained it.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

It will take something special to beat this fella:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43472827

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Yeah, I saw that the other day… bloody hilarious!

Not even Ali is that bad… (thought I’d say that first! ๐Ÿ™‚ )

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          whoisbeni
                                          Participant

Is he on his way to Spurs yet?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.