Home Community General Football Midweek Football GW 22

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Yep indeed, PL resumes and it’s back on starting from Tonight.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Ye some good games mate

Going to be interesting to see the table after the next two games. I fully expect city to be top by monday

Villa v newcastle is interesting

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Sean, that’s a possible possibility for Man City mate I’ve forecasted when they play Everton at 12:30. Up to 52 on goal difference. Let’s say we take 4 points out of Chelsea and Arsenal, then this is how the table would shape.

If we draw the 2 games then City would be 2 clear with the same games played before we play Burnley at home at 3pm on that Saturday.

We can’t afford to lose which would be the worst case scenario. Our players are revved and plus, one or two already have returned from injury.

Looking forward to the Villa game. I hope they have a say in all this.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

If we want to challenge city, we cant lose a game , we really nearly need to win every game as they wont drop much points

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

That goal was coming from the Toon make no mistake. I’ve hardly seen anything from Villa at all in this half; no press, no nothing. It’s been Newcastle and deserving lead.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Wow! Just Wow!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Love that Luton scoreline; formidable at Kenilworth Road.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Brighton’s form a bit concerning for them. They are prone to a hammering now and again, as good as they’ve generally been under De Zerbi. Still, I fully expect him to be in the running for all the top jobs this summer. Not only have they lost their two best players in the summer but they’ve also had a lot of injuries. Despite all that, they’re still 7th which is still excellent for them.

Didn’t expect that result at Villa Park. How have Newcastle hammered Villa twice considering both sides other results this season? It doesn’t make sense but that’s football for you. Olise developing into a real player for Palace. He’s going to be sought after this summer.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Watched some of the Villa game… both sides really were the complete opposite to what they’ve usually been this season… very strange… pity Forest let me down.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Villa play so high. Its so risky at times.

Brighton have won 3 of their last 16 games. Crazy they are 7th. Pedro coming a long nicely for them.

Some win for luton.olise and eze bery exciting players

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Utd’s U18 team beat Liverpool last night to maintain a 100% record. 14 wins out of 14 is very impressive. This batch of youngsters looks like one of the best at the club for a long time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Ed, utd have always had a good conveyor belt of youngsters coming through. Excellent academy

I dont think ive seen any of the academys churning out really good young players like this ever before.

Aresnal – saka, smith rowe, martinelli
                            Chelsea – gallagher, mount, coliwell
                            Utd – maino, gernacho rashford even mctwoniney
                            Liverpool – jones, taa and bradley and quansah look good prospects
                            Newcsstle – miley
                            Palace – mitchell

Im not sure if any of the above were biught when young?
                            Ed/cm/alfie what do you make of rashford now? Such a waste at the moment. Would you sell him? Clearly world class on his day. He always looks so unhappy playing football which leads me to think maybe he’s suffering mentally at times.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Maybe there is something going on in the background we don’t know about, but I do have a hard time showing sympathy for multi-millionaire ball-kickers if it’s just the pressure of kicking a ball that’s getting to them, if you know what I mean?!?!

They should try working for a living… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              CM
                              Participant

Sean-

I would sell Rashford. He is clearly talented, but blows hot and cold far too often. Has only had 1 good season.

He is on over 300k a week and has not accomplished anything in the game. That is not down to him, but the club itself. Salah is on not much more than Rashford and looks at the comparison. Same with De Bruyne. Both are 5 years older, imagine what Rashford would be earning at their age, he knows how the club is being run and has exploited it.

Unfortunately this is the mismanagement of the club over the years, where players are given lucrative contracts because they are the 1 of the “best” players at the club, rather than the best players in the league.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Yeah I’d sell Rashford Sean. Had enough of him now. Excellent last season and utter rubbish this season. You can’t rely on him at all. Maybe he needs a new challenge too. I still fancy him to go to PSG when Mbappe leaves and I think he’ll tear it up over there.

Yeah some great prospects coming through. Shea Lacey and Amir Ibragimov are two names to remember. They are going to be stars I think

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

I saw shea lacey play. Left footed? Looks very good.

I really think salah be gone in the summet so olise or neto be my choices to replace but both seem to injured a bit

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Alfie_1
                                    Participant

I’d sell Rashford and Garnacho, and try to give Anthony away too. And Sancho will also have to be sold.

Garnacho must be so frustrating to play with, it’s like he is being controlled by a kid on FIFA. Just wants to shoot and will never cross the ball. Not made out for wing play if you won’t cross.

We need proper wingers who can use the correct foot for the wing that they are on.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Yes Sean, Lacey is left footed. Actually a scouser whose brothers are big Liverpool fans but he grew up a Utd fan. Looks very promising

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Saw the John McGinn interview just in traces prior to the build up and this is the very thing; just when you think you’ve figured a club’s form guide, BANG!

You can’t predict this league to the full because there will be an unexpected results out of the blue.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Not sure what’s beneath the surface re Rashford; something obviously has driven him to his behaviour and actions (uncharacteristically). Fine if he wanted ‘time out’, but should really be able to reach out to his Manager.

He needs a new club me thinks and in the same breath, it’s time United cut off their ties.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 97 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.