Home Community General Football Liverpool v Shrewsbury

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

Can’t really believe I’m goig to this tonight. Never mind Jurgen and the boys needing a winter break, I think I need a break! Still think Jurgen is wrong not playing the likes of Minamino, Matip, Lovren and Keita, but at least it is only Β£15, and it will be an historic moment watching Shrewsbury succeed where Barca, Man City, Bayern Munich et al have failed since we were last beaten at Anfield!

And it’s going to be cold, wet and windy!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

i think Klopp should pay them the Β£500k they will miss out at the end of the season as a good will gesture, that would be great all round….

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

What 500k is that stevo ?

Be great if we got a full house and FairPlay for going hightown

It’s not on tv so I’ll watch it on a stream.

Huge night for our youngsters and be a major shock if we won

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

And totally agree with hightown. I would have played Keita, lalanna, Lovren, Matip etc. They need games

I hope at least even Jones plays as it’s another opportunity for him to play at anfield

I expect to see willians, laurocci, Kelleher , Chirivella, Jones, hardy, Elliot

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            steveosnakeeye
            Participant

again this isnt a bash at klopp or pool Sean, think most agree i could have played a reserve side and managed and still rested the majority

totally get why he is making the stance and it shouldnt be up to him to be fair, but he can afford it and it would show a touch of class that would one help a small club and two silence some haters….

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/sam-ricketts-on-how-jurgen-klopps-decision-to-rest-his-liverpool-stars-has-cost-shrewsbury-Β£500000/ar-BBZCWPg?ocid=spartanntp

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              threeps
              Participant

Harsh on Shrewsbury if the alleged 500k is being missed out on but Klopp is there to manage his team, not look after the finances of others. I’m sure Shrewsbury’s accounts will be better off just by being there then they anticipated at the start of the season, just not as much as they now think. Not really Liverpool’s problem or concern.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                steveosnakeeye
                Participant

3ps, he isnt there to manage the team tho, unless a phone call at half time helps πŸ˜‰

as i said not his job to worry but for these teams such games and replays are what they dream of and their lifeblood for the club and investment, its massive and about 2 weeks wages for some players

not therir conern i agree but for Shrewsbury a hell of a hit, and the gesture i mentioned would mean a great deal, just my thoughts lads

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

You’re getting confused with managing a team and managing the match πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    steveosnakeeye
                    Participant

i must be as id have imagined a mangers job was both πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Liverpool will send a good side out… Hightown has answered the old cliche question about doing it on a cold wet Tuesday night… yep… Enjoy the game mate, fingers crossed its a good old fashioned blood and thunder cup tie.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Suprised TV aren’t covering this game because I still think there’s an understandable interest in it.

Agree with HH and Sean about the team Liverpool should have played and Klopp not being there.

Personally I wouldn’t have been unhappy to see Liverpool go on and match United’s treble they’re that good a team but that feelings gone for me now, but the pros and cons of where we are with tonights game have been well discussed and there’s no point in any of us going over them again imo.

I still think Liverpool will probably come through the the tie but it’s a shame for Shrewsbury to lose so much potential revenue due to decreased match day receipts and no TV coverage but it is what it is.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Hightown hope

I really think shrewsbury will start favourites, at least in my eyes, tonight, and therefore they stand to make Β£500k+ with a favourable draw in the next round against Chelsea. Still think there will be 45000+ there tonight, so they ain’t going to do too badly, even at the reduced ticket prices

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Klopp hasn’t left anyone behind because he promised the first team squad a break. Klopp is all about unity and whilst it would have been beneficial to leave a few to get match fitness, it would have created a divide. As for Klopp himself. If he feels he needs some downtime then he should take it. It’s 1 week, not 2. It’s really not a big deal and guilting Klopp into staying behind, so he can be seen to watch from the stands is ridiculous.

I’m kinda bored with this story though, so I’ll leave that discussion on that note.

As for the football, I’m hoping the young lads can do a job for us. Hoping but not expecting TBH. Shrewsbury are no Villa but I think they’ll have the edge on the young lads but there are a few quality lads in there, so you never know.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Perhaps not unsurprisingly not quite the way Sam Ricketts sees it though Hightown.

“For someone like us, if we are playing Liverpool’s first team you are generating up to Β£600,000 as opposed to Β£100,000,” Ricketts is quoted as saying by the Daily Mirror ahead of the replay.

β€œAt a club like ours, every penny counts. The biggest disappointment is we will lack revenue.

β€œHistorically you would say Liverpool away would generate a lot, but what we are going to get is very different. It is an opportunity to build something that lasts us for 10-15 years and is a real legacy. That money could make the pitches better or mean we can get one extra player.”

Shrewsbury made around Β£1m when an FA Cup against Manchester United in 2016 was televised. The money raised from that went towards a new training ground.

But you’re right if Shrewsbury were fortunate enough to beat Liverpool they could make up the revenue in the next Round still a big if imo though.

It will come down to the extra quality this young Liverpool team have and their home advantage v the greater physicality and perhaps know how of the Shrewsbury team.

I still think Liverpool will go through. Shame it’s not on TV though because it’s quite an intriguing game

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

i sympathise with shrewsbury on the financial side, but that is not the priority of Liverpool FC. i’m pleased klopp has been honest about it because there is no way this game should be on TV. i feel for them but its not like they’ll go out of business because of it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

The kids aren’t bad!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Great that there’s a full house for the young lads

Doing very well but just lack that bit of quality up top

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

WHY THE FFFFFF DID JONES NOT PASS THE BALL?

Lad, you’ve messed up your chance, pass the bloody ball to someone who’ve very likely to score.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

I didnt celebrate that goal. Just feel awful for that guy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

The kids were by far the better team and deserved to go through but the manner of it… ouch. I just hope that guy has a higher level of football ahead of him because you don’t want that being your biggest memory from your career.

Anyway GJ but I do think the 1st team should take it from here. I hope Klopp doesn’t have some misguided sense of loyalty to the kids in this. They got us to the next round and they’ve done their job. Well done, now let’s win it instead of sending them forward tog et destroyed by Chelsea.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.