Home Community General Football Jadon Sancho

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Probably one for Big Jim. It’s a real shame that a young English player has gone to Dortmund to supposedly replace Dembele. I’m excited to watch his development and maybe Dortmund is the best place for that but, at a time when the ratio of English players to foreign players in the PL is as it is, it’s always a shame to see young English players leave the league.

Not a dig at City at all. By all accounts, he lacked the right attitude and was failing to turn up to training etc. Is this another Ravel Morriston? He must be a real talent for Dortmund to give him Dembele’s number after coming into all that money. How good is he Jim?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Who???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

My Spuds were sniffing around him too….

On the other hand, credit to him for going abroad, not many British players do that anymore.

Off course, no idea how good he is…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Big Jim
          Participant

I havent seen him live as I hardly watch the youth games. But the guy who sits behind me watched him play in our youth set up lots of times last season. He raved about him. I watched him agaisnt Chelsea in the youth FA cup on tv. He has a great touch and awareness but looked a bit weak on the ball and I thought he along with several other City players got bullied a bit by the Chelsea lads. Brahim Diaz and Phil Foden got picked for the US summer tour ahead of him and rumours are Sancho threw his ratlle out of the pram and didn’t turn up for training. Leaving the club with no option but to sell him. Player power in a 17yr old with no first team appearances!! Many rate young Foden as better. Time will tell.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pep-guardiola-jadon-sancho-dortmund-13594354

A bit more in this bit from the MEN.

Without a doubt it’s harder for our youth players to get in our side these days. I didn’t happen enough under Pellergrini, for example he played several very young players against Chelsea in the cup a couple if seasons back. Adibayio at centre half did particularly well. The mistakes leading to Chelseas goals were made mainly by Kolorov and Demichealis the latter was particularly bad in that game. But they still got picked in the PL run in games over the youth. 2 seasons ago Patrick Roberts was struggling to get on the bench and then DeBryne gets injured for 2-3 months and Pellergrini sends Roberts to Celtic on loan 2 days later and we play the rubbish Navas the rest of the season. Roberts didn’t get a chance. Same under Guadiola he preferred Navas last season when he offered absolutely nothing. I would like to see Adiarbiyo on the bench and on as sub this season same for Foden.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

No matter the club it’s very difficult for the best young players to become a regular starter at the top clubs.

Chelsea let Solanke who they nurtured from aged 8 went to Liverpool because he wanted to be a starter but he’s probably no nearer to being a starter at Liverpool than he was at Chelsea.

Chelsea get heavily criticised for letting their best young players go out on loan but in reality it’s the best way for them to get game time and develop further in the man’s game Christensen and Tammy Abraham are examples of that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Yeah it would have been incredibly difficult for him to break into that City side Jim. I hope Foden gets some games. He looks a real talent too. I hope for City’s sake, they’ve built in a buy-back clause otherwise just in case. Never nice to see young players leave your club through lack of opportunities to then have to buy them back for a world record fee!

Yeah Banjo, fair play to him in that sense. He has big boots to fill there, that’s for sure. It’ll be a big test of his character to go there at his age and make a success of it.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Editor.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Big Jim
                  Participant

Ed. The only real area where we are weak and don’t have many options is in defence especially at centre half. Foden is definitely up against it. But he was on the bench today and if we hadn’t of had to sub our keeper maybe he might have got 10mins at the end?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.