Home Community General Football How utd can finish top 4 next season and even challenge for the title

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Luckydestiny
    Participant

This is not a wind up.

Chelsea’s title win under Conte, Leicesters title under Ranieri, Pools title challenge under Rodgers.. What did all three of these teams have in common?

No european football, decent managers, good starting elevens and little luck with injuries, all three of these teams lacked real quality in depth.

So imo, Utd can finish top 4 next year and even challenge for the title if they do the following

1) Finish outside top 6 this year (looks very likely already but best hold on to Ole for a while to be sure 🙂 )

2) Replace Ole in the summer with an experienced coach, Allegri is perfect.

3) Completely back new manager in the summer to identify and recruit the 5/6 players it would take to complete a very good starting eleven.

4) While no European football helps with avoiding injuries, a little luck will be needed too.

If they do the first 3 imo they will finish top 4 next year, if the recruitment is very good and they have luck with injuries, could even challenge for the title.

This would apply to spurs next season imo also, but you can remove step 2 from the equation as I dont believe Poch would need to be replaced if he was fully backed to refresh his team.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Pagan
      Participant

Yep I can see Man U finishing top 4, although I suspect they’d prefer top two, that way they wouldn’t have to go through the play offs…..Pagan?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Luckydestiny
        Participant

Ha!

Dont mean to sound petty or nasty here, but utd getting relegated would be brilliant!

Dont get offended utd fans, you know you would have loved to see Chelsea get relegated under jose in his last season, its just being honest, and besides, you arent going to get relegated anyway, its just a sadistic fantasy held by many non utd fans.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          threeps
          Participant

I posted on another thread that their form over the last 17 games, nearly half a season remember, is a point a game. That equates to 38 points a season which is relegation form.

I don’t think they will get relegated as theres a few worse teams in the league but I disagree they will challenge again soon with no European distractions. They need a new plan, whether that means new owners or get rid of Woodward I don’t know exactly, but then it will take several transfer windows to put everything right. FSG have been at liverpool 9 years and it 7 of them to get back to the top. Even with Klopp some were questioning his appointment during the first couple of seasons.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

A bit like early on with FSG, I don’t think Man Utd have ever had a manager they could completely trust with regards to their philosophy since Fergie left, and thus they’ve pretty much gone over the head of the manager when it came to transfer policy and either panic bought big name players, or more recently played safe on younger or more tried and tested players. The thing about Allegri is, is isn’t he quite conservative? In which case, wouldn’t Man Utd again try and make up for such things by going over his head and make more exciting and attacking signings? This requirement that the manager has to adapt to the club philosophy does need reviewing first for me and so I’m far from convinced Allegri would be given carte blanche.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Luckydestiny
              Participant

Threeps and Mikus, the bottom line imo is the players the manager has, step 3 from my original post is the most important step, and the one I dont think utd have the structure to or vision to succeed in.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

How bad have things got where someone needs to say “this is not a wind up!” about Utd maybe getting top 4? ?

No I’m not one of these who thinks we’re years away. People forget we finished second only the season before last. Our form for the first part of Ole’s reign was title winning form too, so things can change ridiculously quickly.

Ole is so obviously not the man for the job though. My only fear now is that we start doing half ok again which will buy him time, merely delaying the inevitable. The sooner we realise he’s not good enough, the quicker we can get back on track.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Luckydestiny
                  Participant

I think you seem to be in the minority on this ed which is why I made the “not a wind up” disclaimer, but as you can tell from my original post I am in the minority with you on this mate. You are Manchester United, a good manager with good recruitment and things could get better far more quickly than the majority seem to think.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

I guess you cant rule it out,just like the ugly Goonie shagging Monica Bellucci or Angelina Jolie,Adlab & 27 having a steamy 3some with Jordan,but maybe in the Championship,hehehe!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.