Home Community General Football Haaland watch

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant

Soooo that young lad, would he cut it?

played twice, both second half subs of around 30 mins…so around an hour played and FIVE goals scored by him!

say what you want but thats mighty impressive!! lets see if it continues

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      threeps
      Participant

Just been talking to a work mate that follows BVB about this lad. I’m still unsure if he is the next big thing or if he is just going through a very lucky patch where everything seems to fall perfectly for him. Against us in the Champions League he did nothing all match, except be at the perfect position to score from a yard out. Was he just very lucky or was he good to anticipate that might happen?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        steveosnakeeye
        Participant

dont you find that with many of the top top strikers its about being in the right place at the right time to make chance or goal look easy, seriously 5 goals in 60mins for a new teaqm and division is impressive and continues what he has been doing, but it may ultimatly not be that he is the new messiahm…hence the watch part πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Yeah difficult to say but he’s absolutely on fire at the moment. Still, he could score 100 more goals this season and I’ll still be glad we avoided selling our soul to Raiola to buy him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            threeps
            Participant

Being a top top striker these days is more than just scoring loads. What is his link up play like? Even a few years ago you got players like Phillips scoring loads or even further back Clive Allen and yet neither of those were ever regarded as top strikers.

Not knocking his good start, just that there’s more to see than the goals scored stat.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

3ps-You have 2 different type of strikers,Haaland belongs to the type of Inzaghi,Van Nistelrooy,Makaay-these type of strikers were/not able to do that,but they scored goals for fun.Same can be said of Benzema,Higuain,and a few more.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                steveosnakeeye
                Participant

The 19-year-old January signing from Red Bull Salzburg had scored five goals in his first two German top-flight matches, both as a substitute before starting against Union Berlin.
                  He is already the joint 10th top scorer in the league, having played just 136 minutes, after scoring all his seven shots on target.

another 2 goals, 7 in 3 games and 10th joint scoroer already

phenomenal!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

I wonder how long he’ll be there for? Sure I read somewhere he already has a “bugger off in the summer so my leech of an agent can cash in another 20 million” clause in his contract, which was pretty much the reason why YooUtd didn’t bother (and for once, good for them!).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    steveosnakeeye
                    Participant

well if Dortmund challenge and win cups given his age i think it will be 2 years, that said he is showing he can do it elsewhhere and the bigh clubs must surely be interested, Barca need a Suarez replacement…;)

think an English club should have done the deal even with the nasty agent, would love to see him in the PL for a few seasons!

maybe city? they need to replace Aguro and Jesus maybe on the way out?

hope everyone leaves Martinelli alone tho!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Long way to go, adrenaline is probably making him superhuman at the moment. Good for him, he’s taking his opportunity and he wont come up against roy keane’s kids…

Stevo, I’d have Jesus at the bridge in a heartbeat mate, think he’s an intelligent player and can make an impact starting or from the bench. A cold 80 million plus 30 million add ons should land him! hahahahaha

I’d also take one of your front two, Think theyre both brilliant to be frank. Any chance of us giving you back Giroud in a swap for Lacazet? He’d fill his boots with us.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        steveosnakeeye
                        Participant

Well the lad has proved it all season at 2 clubs, 2 leagues and the CL so maybe a bit more than just adreneline πŸ˜‰

Jesus is a strange one for me but i dont watch enough of city to have to good an idea, seems to score a fair bit, but only seems to get starets when Aguro is injured? as much as i rate him and i very much do, i dont seem him as enough to replace Aguero and if not and you have to look elsewhere is he rated that much? he was also on the list of 7 at danger in 999s post?

Auba is awesome, does has his off days but to be fair in our team at the moment and last year or so its no wonder, Laca i really like but having a barren spell, its all about confidence with the whole squad tho to be fair

for the right cash you could have either of them πŸ˜‰

but never martinelli!!!

love Giroud, great memories, highly underatted but a bit a fav, just to old now and needs to be played to his stregths and franks way of playing isnt that …

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

That’s a good question Threeps. Being able to anticipate how play is going to break-down and when to be where can seem a bit lucky. My best example of this is Salah. I guess it was kinda easy to see that he had this in his locker because when he first came and most had thought we over-paid (credit to those who didn’t), he was initially missing his chances but he was constantly in the right place at the right time… and for a team he hadn’t had much time to adapt to. Enough of a detour on our perception of luck though πŸ˜›

As for Haaland, I don’t even remember him against us. I don’t see him staying at BVB beyond the summer. If he keeps up an excellent goal scoring record then he’s going to be incredibly hot property and his scummy agent will agitate for the move. That’s what this guy does. He tells players that he’ll get them high wages and access to the top clubs as-long as they are ok with him moving them around so he can make huge money. It’s a massive pay-day for both and he’ll eventually end up at Real, Barca or PSG.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Pagan
                            Participant

Threeps, a valid question, but if keeps banging in goals like he is I don’t think he’ll be pulled up on his all round play, if he doesn’t, then obviously it will be scrutinised…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

442…re Jesus….not the finished article yet. He is young, clever, skilful and fit all good pointers for the future. However, he is not an Augerro and City do adapt the style of play depending on who is playing, with both on, it does not really work, yet Jesus does need a partner to play off, unfortunate the person is not Augerro, who will be only with us another season at the most and a slight chance he may go earlier On balance, if he stays at City I think Jesus will do very well next season, he has the abilities and age on his side

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                steveosnakeeye
                                Participant
                                  steveosnakeeye
                                  Participant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51554031

Thirty-nine goals. Six hat-tricks. Eleven goals in seven games for Borussia Dortmund. Ten goals in seven Champions League games. All at just 19 years old.

2 cracking goals last night

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    threeps
                                    Participant

Yeah he is doing ok, but until he proves he can do it on a cold windy night in Stoke I won’t believe he’s much good. But seriously I think his goal scoring for Dortmund is showing he is going to be a top player. I wasn’t convinced before as the Austrian league is hardly top draw but he is showing it at the highest level now.

Side note, anyone else notice that Dortmund’s front 3 that finished the game were all teenagers and born in England?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

That 2nd goal was a cracker.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

This boy is a beast,reminds me of Adriano.Has everything.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.