Home Community General Football Guardian's Top 100: Not too sure myself…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Here’s one to get you all going!!

The Top 100 players in the World in order apparently…. now I’m sure we’re all a bit biased one way or another but personally the stand outs, both good and bad would be….

#16: Paul Pogba… hmm.. must be based on the World Cup because it can’t be based on his YooUtd form.

#24: Dick Van Dyjk… okay, not bad a year or a bad player… but 24 in the world? Don’t think so…

#31: Sterling… hmmm.. again, a decent year and a decent player… but not 31st!

#41: Lukkkuauakau…. same reason as #16

#55: Goonie Boomerang… thought he would be higher than 55, and certainly higher than #41

#72 & #80: I love Kieran but not higher than Walker, was it simply a SC semi goal that swung it?

#78: Sonny… come on, at #78 when you see who’s #16 & # 41??? I don’t think so…

Now let the deabte commence…

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Two Chelsea players in the top 10. It doesn’t look too far off to me.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

No Fellaini?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          threeps
          Participant

Agree Chucky, VvD is misplaced, should be defo top 10.

#24 really…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by threeps.
            • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by threeps.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

It is just one person’s opinion who has it published, we all have our own choices. A little like a 50K gate at a match, nearly all would have a different team selection. I do not even know how some of the players got into the top 100!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

It’s just a beauty contest Brian and beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

I can’t imagine that these lists would ever really be agreeable. There are way too many intangiables and the vast majority of the information in an opinion would be from other people and outlets. Nobody watches all these players and very few would watch more than 2-3 matches a week.

I watch every Liverpool match and the odd PL match involving rivals. My experience as a football fan and from watching this season tells me that Robertson is the player who the world hasn’t realised is world class yet. Van Dijk has been and it’s worthy praise. Gomez’s ankle break came at a time when people were really noticing him and rightly so, he was playing to a standard that actually rivaled van Dijk, which is ridiculous from a young break through defender.

Where would I place these players in a top 100 list of my own? I wouldn’t even try to make one because it’s honestly a load of bullshit to even attempt such a thing.

Once I was making a Bowie playlist and I was 80 songs deep into what I would call top songs. I couldn’t possibly put thme in order of preference either and they are songs who’s qualities never change. Your perception of them does though. How are you to do the same with a player who’s qualities do change also? Don’t waste your time.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Mak-I agree,players should be rated based on the position they play.i.e. the best goalie,striker,etc.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.