Home Community General Football Goodbye Harry, Goodbye Football…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Not a lot else to be said… time to find another hobby… no enjoyment at all watching my team make up the numbers for some Middle East willy-waving competition (oh, the irony!).

Saturday 20th May 2023… the day football died in my house.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

Banjo dude I hope that’s not true πŸ˜”

I understand you have had a tits full mate but I hope you find some reason for optimism this summer and come back around mate.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Lucky’s right. Beejay, you are part of the Family of this Network and Site.

I wish for your sakes Levy leaves once and for all as I’ve always said for a long time, he’s your hold-back in life. He’s holding back Tottenham and trying to run them on the playing field in my eyes as more of a shoe-string budget when the Supporters of their loyalty clearly deserve More.

Just have a good peaceful break and get it all out of your system.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Totally understand your feelings Chucky. I think we’re 3-4 years away from this league becoming a battle of the States with Newcastle and City battling to have the shiniest toys to show off and the rest of us left to fight it out for everything else. We’ve got to the point where younger fans are just clamouring for oil states to buy their clubs because that’s the only way they can compete for trophies. Quite sad in a way.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

If the League does end that way, then that’s me done out of it. Nothing to do with Liverpool. I want to try as best as possible to maintain a more of an open mind and not think of the word corruption. There is increased competition better than before and the examples of Brighton and Brentford are living proof.

As Liverpool’s front 3 descended, I’m sure the same will happen with Manchester City. It’s not about just throwing money at it.

Perhaps we may be slightly down-hearted because of what may have gone on ‘back-stage’ and the reports that came to light on Man City’s financial breaches (alleged ).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              steveosnakeeye
              Participant

Fuck me Nancy! You’ve been a spud lover how long? And todays the day football died for you? πŸ€£πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                srd79
                Participant

I always loved English football, but clubs like Manchester City and now Newcastle are poison to football.
                  They are owned by states who violate human rights. States who in essence despise democracy.
                  These clubs are nothing more than the Pr branch of dictatorships and every time they win a title and people celebrate it is a victory to the sheiks because it takes away attention from what they really are.

Sad really.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Mikus LFC
                  Participant

I don’t know. I used to think big money was the cause of clubs dominating (exacerbated maybe) but obviously clubs have dominated the league since Liverpool in the 1970s. I suspect a more accurate cause of clubs dominating is the advent of the home TV set which grew and grew from the 1960s onwards, which has caused us all to get increasingly obsessed about football because it’s harder and harder to get away from it. Now we have the internet, and on it goes. And then the few managers there are that are super talented tend to walk into increasingly corporate structures with the best players carefully selected to further fine tune their performance so they dominate to the nth degree. So I think it’s more our obsession with football that has exacerbated clubs dominating because we demand that our club should get the one of the few top coaches there are and then get them to reach perfection, and that’s what we’ve ended up with. Foreign owners come in because there’s a demand for them. But they’re mainly just opportunists.

All this whilst other areas of our culture like classical music are on their knees with funding cuts. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/apr/24/simon-rattle-uk-classical-music-arts-council-england-bbc-cuts

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Srd79-Hey up my bacon-loving Viking, hope you’re doing well…
                      Kylie-Who on earth knows what will happen next year, so chin up babes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Ed -If City and Newcastle keep winning everything, that’s the norff wiping the floor with em suvvern girlies😁😁😁😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Got to say hello to the bacon muncher, been a long time cyber chum!!

As for what will happen next year? I would suspect it will be the same as 5 of the last 6 years, namly Abu Dhabi cheating buying winning another title… maybe an outside chance of Saudi Arabia buying winning, certainly buying in with a chance of buying winning the year after… and then, of course, we’ll have the Qatar sticking their noses in… lucky for those without morals whose clubes are “choosen”… for those not chossen, there you go… 4th place really will be a trophy…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Middle East, Mav, Middle East will be wiping the floor with the southern shany bandits.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            srd79
                            Participant

Hi Mav and Banjo, it’s been a while, all good here. I hope all is well with you guys as well πŸ™‚

I actually read these pages on a regularly basis, but for some reason I don’t get around to posting a lot.

I’ve become a bit of an ABC – Anyone But City. I can’t stand these dictatorstate owned clubs winning it all year after year.
                              I actually found myself happy about Liverpool winning a few seasons back. And disappointed Arsenal bottled it this season. And I’m supposed to be a United fan. Go figure.

I’m sure in a few seasons the PL will be a fancy version of the Scottish league. UAE and Saudi Arabia fighting it out for first spot while the sheiks bask in the glory of their PL based PR branches of their absolute monarchies.
                              No real competition or anything. And sod human rights, democracy, stuff like that. Sports and politics shouldn’t be mixed, right?

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by srd79.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Srd79-Sheikhs didn’t bottle the title for the goonies, they managed that all by themselves, without any help!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Something like this gives us hope of breach of rules:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65677783

I just think as far as Manchester City are concerned, they are a law to themselves. Man United even under Glazers have never been like this.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Going back to Beejay’s original post and point, we’d like him to enjoy his football again, but he needs hope and the first port of call is a new manager.

A big big ask and that is for Daniel Levy to place emphasis on investing in the squad. That should really prevail on Harry Kane’s departure.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Ard and Mav, great to see you back

Srd, what will your thoughts be if utd are bought over by the Qatar consortium who have a bid in at the minute

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

I wish I could enjoy it too, cyber chum, but it’s just an overiding sense that my team and I are just making up the numbers. Sure, if the stars align, and we have a bit of luck with the draw, and if/when we meet one of the financially doped teams they might be having a bad day… and then we might win one of the cups… not a lot to look forward too, is there? The dream, as unrealistic as it was, is now well and truly dead, crushed under the heel of a tyrannous state who are desperate for some level of approval (which, if they truly wanted, could be found far easier, cheaper, and ultimately more successfully buy looking in a mirror).

There is no hope, not anymore… sure, I’ll probably keep an eye out on the results, probably watch some games when I’ve got nothing else better to do… and probably turn them off the moment we fall “behind”… πŸ™‚ … just not worth the aggroo anymore… and as much as most of you laugh about it, I kinda feel guilty even watching it now, partaking in the “PR” event, reading and watching all the “experts” was lyrically about how brilliant certain teams are and completely ignoring how that team came into existance.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Wasplicker-Been a long time my cyber friend, how’s things in Ireland?
                                            Nil-You doing well,matey? Where is Mak these days?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.