Home Community General Football Gameweek 11: Return of the Conte

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

This was going to be title “Gameweek 11:Really Don’t Give A Toss!!!” but things have changed somewhat, now Sunday can’t roll around quick enough!!

The big game is obviously the “Ugly Sister” Derby up Norff, and we all know where the smart money is going on that one, mashing up last weeks Spuds with a very defensive counter-attacking line-up ain’t going to work this weekend and fully expect Sunday’s rags to be wondering who’s left for the YooUtd hotseat.

But I reckon you lot are smart enough (even Buffy!) to figure the best game this weekend!!

#WE*RECOMINGTOGETYA!!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

It’s hard to see him manage a rival banjo but it’s great to see you excited bud πŸ‘

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Potentially a good game for Conte to start with Everton are on a bad run they are still missing key players and their fans are restless. Shame it’s not one of the live games.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Is in my house… πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Rover
            Participant

If this guy can’t pull Spurs right then nobody can as matters stand at the moment. Personally I think Spurs need at least 3 or 4 top quality players first.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Agreed Rover and no matter what the Spurs transfer budget is for January history tells us it’s very difficult to sign the players you really want in January.

I can’t see Levy providing significant funds in both January and the Summer so it might be wiser for Conte to keep the baulk of his powder dry until the Summer.

I agree with you though it all makes the PL even more interesting going forwards.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Blimey somebody’s keen! πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

“Spurs initially broke the Conte news on social media.

They had tweeted a photo of Conte holding up a Tottenham shirt, but the post was quickly deleted.

And it appeared as though there was a clear reason for Spurs deleting the social media post as they had originally announced Conte’s arrival in Spanish.

The tweet read: “Bienvenido a Tottenham Hotspur, Antonio Conte.”

Despite the post being taken down, fans were quick to notice Tottenham’s error.

@ConteSZN_ tweeted: “Announcement was in Spanish!”

@JeaneetteJensen wrote: “No way we announced Conte in Spanish and not Italian… I can’t with this club give me strength.

Rival fans also mocked Tottenham for their social media mishap.” Daily Express 2/11

😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

A mate of mine said at any other ckub conte would succeed but this is spurs!

If he can’t turn them around then they are proper fecked

He was the best unattached manager around at the minute

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

Is Levy secretly a Chelsea fan? He seems to have a thing about appointing ex Chelsea managers. Villas Boas, Mourinho and now Conte. I can’t imagine that ever happening with local rivals from the North. Benitez going to Everton an obvious exception but that caused all sorts of problems with the fans. It seems to just be accepted with managers going between the London clubs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Luckydestiny
                        Participant

Don’t know about being a fam Ed ,but imitation is the most sincere form of flattery

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

The amount of managers Chelsko go through the odds aren’t good on finding a manager who hasn’t suckled the Russian ruble… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Luckydestiny
                            Participant

Well Jose and conte is understandable but AVB? That’s just mental it cost roman 27m to get him to club and he arguably worst manager in Romans tine at the club πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

I’m probably likely to miss the early kick-off if I can’t get the time off, but I think the Manchester Derby will be of significance.

I don’t think Ole could afford another league defeat. In the same conversation, I think if City were to lose, it would make the title race even at this stage of the season very interesting with the potential points gap that could open.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Any realistic chance YooUtd had rests on Varane, and it looks like he’s out for a bit, putting my bag of Monster Munch (Pickled Onion flavor!) on 3 points for MoneyCity.

Spam Boys vs LiVARberoOol is potentailly a good one for the neutral… logic would fancy the Micky Mousers, but Spam Boys are playing pretty well at the moment… fancy a score draw there.

Chelski and the Goonies should be good for 6 points between them I reckon.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

What are the odds on a back three of Slaphead, Bailly and Lindloff all starting?

That could be fun!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

I see a lot of cyberweb nonsense suggesting Emery to the Bone Saw Boyz might not be happening afterall…

Eddie Howe is back to being the gossipmongers choice!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Mikus LFC
                                      Participant

Confirmed.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

These are the difficulties Newcastle face their current perilous position doesn’t help.

Emery would have been a good fit for Newcastle imo so it’s disappointing for them.

Be interesting where Newcastle go from here what Newcastle don’t need is a series of Manager’s turning them down and they need someone in place soon for them to have a reasonable input into January transfer targets and strengthening in January will likely be very important to Newcastle maintaining their PL status.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

“As such, Newcastle are back to square one, following earlier approaches for the likes of Erik ten Hag and Paulo Fonseca.

According to The Telegraph, though, former Bournemouth head coach Howe is now at the top of the club’s shortlist.

The 43-year-old took the Cherries all the way from League Two to Premier League promotion in 2015. What’s more, he guided the side to five seasons in the top flight before their relegation back to the Championship.

He left after that 2019/20 campaign, but ending his spell on the south coast on a sour note has not left a stain on his credentials.”

Can’t see why Howe would turn Newcastle down if approached is he the right choice though? I guess beggars can’t be choosers and he’s got experience of keeping a Club up which is currently the key objective.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 305 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.