Home Community General Football Forum Nature And Behaviours

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just One Thought To Place in my Experience.

People are just too Negative. I don’t see any Spirit What So Ever Whenever A Football Match Is Won. Any Football Match, Any Team, Any Football Supporter.

Even If A League Or Any Form Of A Cup Is Won, It’s Graveyard.

Christmas, New Years, Et Al, There’s No Spirit, Joy, Colour.

Why Is This?

We All Have Im Perfect Lives. Yet, That Shouldn’t Defect Courtesy, Soul, and above all, Decorum.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

Nil, I think you need to take your medication. I’m guessing you’re off it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

To be honest nil, I woke up this morning in great form after our win last night.

What a position we are now. Football gives me plenty of joy but I’m
          Always cautious as you know mate ?

The minute final whistle went last night I just punched the air

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Terrible really how football effects our moods with a win making for a happy weekend and a loss a miserable weekend.

My missus tells me she always knows when Chelsea have lost.?

The important thing is to remember is that it’s just a game and there are more important things to worry about in life.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Very true nine

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

many years ago, when football was all important to me, I looked around me, in my family I saw illness, death and my son fighting in Serbia/Afghan I took hold of my perspective. City are a great love of mine but that is all they are. At this moment when you think of your team should be doing this or that just think of the people in hospital etc and those needing real help. I do not want people to feel bad but just put things into perspective in there minds….it works

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

Brian-Well done mate,post of the century.Talking of hospitals,one just need to think of this fact;all the hardworking,overworked,underpaid,stressed,threatened on daily basis,underappreciated nurses,earn less in a year than utterly useless L.Shaw,P.Jones,JLingz,and a few more earn in a week.As for that useless piece of shite Instagramvirus,I wouldnt even waste anyones time.And for Sanchez,the less said the better…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by maverick1973.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

I stopped giving a toss about football back in the day when Vanpussy said; I need the Β£250k cos I ve got family to look after.Β£250k p/w to look after your family.Robin Van Pussy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Very true Brian.

Football can bring joy aswell though. I will admit I do get annoyed when Liverpool
                      Don’t get a reSult

Sometimes I wish I didn’t care as much about Liverpool ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Brian-I hope all your family members/friends who had problems are ok & well now.As for whoever you lost in death,stay strong my friend.And about your son,he is a hero matey,the world needs more people like him.Working with WHO in Avghanistan and parts of Africa,I saw with my own eyes the heroics of soldiers following us medics on daily basis,risking their lives to help others,thousands of miles away from their homes,families,loved ones.I tell you what mate-they are heroes.Havent been to OT since 2011,since my wife organised a birthday surprise for me.Much rather would volunteer @ an orphanage,homeless shelter,or an animal rescue place than waste close to 2 hours watching a game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

I read this week on our work message-board of Mental Health somebody putting up a Post on being positive and enjoying the basic finer things in life like a cup of tea.

What was mention that struck me is how our minds supposedly think more negatively. I don’t know why that’s the case. For me personally growing up, I was apprehensive, had a little anxiety, but generally was a positive and a confident individual.

I do fully embrace perspective that football is of little importance against family, work, people, friends etc.

What I was alluding to in particular of my opening post is Armchair fans for example will look for mediums such as the radio and football message boards or forums to share emotions and express an opinion or look to seek input from others.

Sometimes, I don’t think we let go of the Hand brake enough when things are positive and we tend to hold back thinking there’s something bad around the corner waiting to happen.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

When I was younger you were categorised as either a glass half full or a glass half empty person, I decided to get a smaller glass…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            steveosnakeeye
                            Participant

these threads always give me mixed feelings especially when done by Nil, matey you always do this! Now youre on a lets be positive trend which i must say is a nice change but its all very hypocriticla of you, you get “tired” have a few beers then go off on one, either negative or positive, you end up rowing with at least one persn(on of your own this time) then queue the apologies until next time….of course football shouldnt be the be all and end all as Brian says, but we are not all built the same, some of us have far less in our lives than others (people around us) and so things like football do become far greater to them than it should and results affect mood and life in general, its a shame all round really but as much as we can ll say its just a game, we have all been down or unhappy for any number of reasons and to keep these stupid bloody threads coming is what causes a lot of issues for me, silly comments and silly topics, just my view and no doubt will get panned for it but hey ho!

Pagan, when i was young there was none of this nonsesne, people didnt get depressed like they do now, kids that misbhaved had “ants in there pants” not ADHT or some other thing…..its a topsy turvy mixed up world always polarised “on line” behind the saftey of a keyboard where people either cry our for help to strangers or become the warriors of their dreams!

peace to all lets hope 2020 is a nice year for one and all in the most basic ways

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Bit ironic really when there’s been a discussion on here discussing whether this Liverpool team aren’t the best PL team ever. You don’t get much more positive than that. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                steveosnakeeye
                                Participant

lot of nonsense comes out on these forums and its the usual suspects and it affects all then the whole cycle starts over, thats the real sad part! but for all that its still a bloody nice place to come and spend some time (especially when bored at work!) and it must be said there isnt a nasty person on this site, just some utter numptys like yours truly! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

And me. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    steveosnakeeye
                                    Participant

and Nancy x 12
                                      Goose x 1 meeeeeeeelion

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

Buffy-If football makes you sad then just do what I did:once Utd stopped winning trophies & playing shite I started supporting PSG.Easy peasy

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by maverick1973.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

Buffy-If I cry out for help,will you arrange for me to have a 3some with Rachel Riley & Kelly Brook,while Kylie records it all??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          steveosnakeeye
                                          Participant

count me in

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.