Home Community General Football Euro Super Duper League

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Couldn’t be Arsenaled to try and find the old one… 🙂

Anyway, I’m sure we’ve all heard the announcement etc… and seen the new format they’re proposing, and to be honest, I’m not that upset with it.

Would rather it didn’t happen at all, obviously, but other than some possible complaints about how they draw the first 64 clubs into the leagues to start with, they’ve got promotion/relegation in there (would like to see more than 2up/2down, certainly would decrease the number of dead rubbers!)…

I think we all know this is coming, but it could have been a lot worse.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Bluemoon
      Participant

Fifa and Eufa members have been enriching themselves on our backs for decades, they all live in luxury and get to travel to prosperous countries and like kings have a wonderful enriched life, so in my view the Super League is by far the lesser of the 3 evils. You can also include the FA and EPL and make it 5 evils.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

The Penny will never drop or failing that, these people are in denial.

It’s clear, there’s a longing to try and emulate what we have as the Best League Ever (in my books), The English League.

The one stand-out problem for years which needs to be addressed is to look after the work class loyal supporters who have been the backbone for years to get them back into our grounds – the ones priced out.

Of course global audiences are attracted because of the accessible mediums ala Stream and the Broadcasters that beam this in the first place.

But I refer back to my opening sentence: The Penny will never drop;

They think placing Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid, etc al is your perfect composition. Well it’s not! It’s your Luton’s, your Villas, your Wolves. It’s about striving for a level playing field where effectively everybody can at least compete and can take points off a Top Team on their day.

We already Have It!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

I don’t want a European Super League but I think it will eventually happen in one form or another.
            FIFA and UEFA in the past have been totally corrupt as evidenced by Blatter and Platini. Currently? Who knows! Watching them on TV yesterday there are some clear delusions of importance. Its all about money (and expensive watches etc.) Because of this, something will happen and the clubs will say no more particularly to UEFA.
            The expanded club world Cup, if its a success will open the door.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.