Home Community General Football EFL Cup

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Some interesting fixtures this week with Leicester v Liverpool probably the pick of the bunch. Anyone having any bets?

[soccer-info id=’646′ type=’fixtures’ /]

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Will have a flutter on this. Slightly hard to gauge as I suspect with some Prem teams, wholesale changes are likely to be made. I wonder though with all-Prem ties whether each of the teams will field their strongest line ups.

Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp will definitely be ringing changes against Leicester, though it has been said behind the scenes there is pressure on the Manager and every competition is to be treated with respect it deserves and to be taken seriously.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Danny Ward in goal for Liverpool according to Klopp which will be the third different Keeper selected in 3 consecutive games across CL,PL and LC.

Chelsea likely to give Hazard a start plus one of two of the youngsters a game.

Bound to be one or two shocks I would like to see Chelsea go all the way and lift the trophy as they did in 2015 but you can never tell with squad sides being selected.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

So, not too many big-games on tonight, perhaps a few banana skins for some. Not even too sure what’s on my box, if any for that matter (got enough bloody channels, should find something somewhere I would think!). Hopefully, they’ll have the Foxes vs Pool, that’s probably the pick of the bunch I would think…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Merged yours into this one Banjo! Agree that’s probably the stand out tie tonight. I wonder how seriously the CL teams will take this competition? Some of the squads are already a little thin. Hope we see some youngsters get some minutes

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Reckon my thread had a better name… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Spammers didn’t take long…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Hightown hope

I never bet on these league cup games. Too many weakened sides!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Liverpool on their way out? By the looks of things, Liverpool have again had all of the ball and most of the chances. How is Oxford getting on? Doesn’t look to be too much else exciting happening tonight. Palace finally getting a win perhaps?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Brilliant win for Bristol City.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Surprised at the Leicester vs Liverpool result. It seems Liverpool need to start putting away their chances. I am sure it will click soon.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Oz Yob
                          Participant

You have seen us recently Jim, we need a 20+ striker before we will improve our goals to chances ratio, that’s in addition to a proper DM (won’t happen under Klopp) & obviously at least 1 dominating CB. I was told I was wrong for suggesting this earlier in the season, much like I was told I was wrong last season when I said we’d struggle without Mane. Some can’t see whats in front of them in regards to how far off challenging for anything we really are.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Don’t know whether to be annoyed or not about my Spuds going through. Sounded like all the Wembly games this season, the majority of possision and chances against the Wembly 6-4-0 formation but this time somebody managed to get the ball in the onion bag. Never mind, hoping we get drawn away in the next round. Really not liking this Wembly thing, and extra-double not liking the rumors that it might be 2 years instead of one… might have to just hibernate next season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Hightown hope

Since when have teams been allowed to make 4 substitutions in a match? Leeds and Burnley both made 4 last night as did other teams. Is it limited to 4? Is it only if a game goes in to extra time? Is it just in the Carabao Cup? I’ve missed this…can anyone fill me in?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Not 100% certain but I think you’re allowed an “extra” sub in extra-time….. pretty sure I read that somewhere else.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Hightown hope

I’d totally missed that

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Big Jim
                                    Participant

Nearly a great goal by Rylan there!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Perhaps Chelsea should play all their games midweek.

Lot’s of the youngsters got a chance tonight inc 17 year old Ampadu becoming the first Millennial to play for the club.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Editor
                                        Keymaster

Missed all the games tonight as I was playing footy myself. Looks like no surprises tonight with all the bigger sides easing through. Looking forward to the PL again this weekend!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Draw will be interesting with all the Big teams bar Liverpool still in the hat.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.