Home Community Liverpool Echo reporting Coutinho to Barcelona interest has ceased

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Scouser in exile
    Participant

Don’t know how true it is but the Echo are reporting that Barca have ended their interest in him, if that’s the case how will the supporters treat him (assuming he sorts out his “back problem”)?

YNWA RIP the 96

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      dan-mako
      Participant

For me he has been manipulated by a greedy agent and an arrogant club. With a bit of time he will see that and be back to play.
        Besides which, there is no point sulking, it just means he will get to play less and miss the WC

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

There’s reports on the net of Barca setting a midnight deadline to Liverpool to agree and do a deal. I’m not clear of the latest bid, but a rumour too on Liverpool apparently wanting to reluctantly allow this to go ahead should Lallana be fit.

Would be interesting to see the back pages of tomorrow.

The Van Dijk deal is still floating around – maybe something dramatic could still take place.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

I guess in relation to reintegrating the player, players around him I would imagine are open-minded, professional an focused.

We don’t have those type of personalities who would otherwise be causing any friction in the camp.

Phillipe besides is liked and his skills and abilities I imagined would be re-welcomed. He’s not the first ever player to be involved in this scenario and it only takes one moment of brilliance on the pitch for all this to be swept aside.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Gibbo
            Participant

I agree with NewBalance, I don’t think Coutinho will have a problem reintegrating. I think most players would happily try to engineer a move to Barca. Any player that says they wouldn’t are probably not good enough to play for Barca and therefore say that they never would.

I don’t think the fans should give him too much stick either. He submitted a request to move but he hasn’t been going on like Diego Costa. He has gone about it quietly and between himself and the club. There is no talk of him being held hostage or any of that nonsense that players like to come out with.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

An unknown quantity. If Liverpool get the original Coutinho back they’ve made the right decision but if they get a lesser Coutinho back they might regret not taking the money.

Be surprised if Coutinho was still at Liverpool at the end of the 2018 window. But time will be the judge.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Why do I have a suspicion this isn’t quite over yet… hope it is for Pool’s sake, but I still think they should told Barca “Get us VVD and Keita, and you can have Wee Phil”. Pool wouls have a very nicely balanced side with that deal I reckon.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Mikus LFC
                  Participant

I agree with Banjo, particularly if Liverpool are able to bring in some other attacking players in the coming 10 days – Barca might have another go – their pursuit of Coutinho is over just as Liverpool’s pursuit of VVD is over 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Coutinho’s a game changer, but it’s a funny one because Mane was our player of the season 16/17 and we missed him hugely when he was at Afcon.

With Coutinho, for many a time, either his runs from the left-hand side to cut inside and unleash a screamer or a set piece curler has won us games.

The potential 100+ mill generated would suit us nicely as we can sell off players surplus to our requirements without placing an over-valued price tag.

Defender/s I feel remain priority as attacking wise, Salah, and Solanke had added to the already in place Lallana, Mane, and Firmino.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Gibbo, you’re right. Even if Coutinho was to show feelings of disappointment, he’d be quite gentle and mild-mannered about it. I don’t think he’s the type too not to deliberately give a 100%.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

To be honest, I reckon The Mane-Man (see what I did there?) is more important than Wee Phil. Do the 2 for 1 swap thing and Pool will have a cracking side!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

So, what is now doing the rounds as far as this saga goes is that a final 138 million bid is said to be tabled.

Personally, I think we should accept it. Coutinho will be somebody else’s target even if we hang on to him for another season and even if we don’t need the money, we could receive a much lesser valuation.

Let the boy move on, and we can focus in trying to recruit what we’re in need of.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

if Liverpool end up selling then I think they have played this terribly. if they accept an offer, they would’ve known from the beginning what they would accept. they should’ve said to Barca it will cost X amount, nothing less. instead, it has dragged on and will now make it very difficult to reinvest that money wisely. I have no issue with the timing of Barca’s approach. they acted once Neymar left and gave Liverpool over a month to have this sorted. 140m for Coutinho is insane. ability wise he is brilliant but he is so inconsistent it frustrates me. He is capable of producing magic but he is also capable of just strolling around the pitch doing nothing for 90 minutes.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Paxton,

I can resonate to your first point. Though, I would be more inclined to believe the principle of clubs doing everything possible to hold on to their best player/s.

There are clubs out there that will play ransom, but on the same token, there is a point of every player having a price and the often eventuality results to reluctantly caving into an overwhelming bid.

It’s worth remembering in these instances that it’s never been Liverpool’s interest to place Coutinho in the shop window, nor for example was it in Swansea’s interest to sell Sigurdsson to Everton.

Persistence though in this current climate of ridiculous valuations and fees pays off and 9 times out of 10, the chasing club end up with the player they want.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Going away slightly from the player/club in question, I think the 140m point would be reason to sell regardless. The market has been inflated somewhat due to the English TV money for sure, but I think everybody is forgetting to a degree the Naymer fee was basically a pissing competition that the Qatari’s have started. I do think this was a major blip that people are assuming will continue. Barca set a “release clause” they thought nobody would actually pay but the Qatari’s are simply just showing off. Since that transfer, everybody has stuck 20/30/40% on everything, especially if Barca are trying to buy, and I reckon next summer you won’t see anything like the sums being chucked about. I really think Pool should just take the money and run.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Chucky,

That is certainly one way of looking at it re PSG. From their own actions, other clubs have decided to follow suit.

From Paxton’s earlier point, whether or not clubs will then play ransom, the bottom line (due to the now luxury of tv money as your rightly point out) is the ‘cat and mouse’ or the to and fro out of this 9 times out of 10 will deliver the outcome of the player moving and the selling club generating ‘X’ percentage of mark up against the scale of reality as we know it.

What should happen in my view going forward is for this whole policy to be reviewed/evaluated both by UEFA and the FA and new regulations draw up and proposed, i.e. a cap introduced on the most an individual can be sold for, not to mention, timing and in my view as great importance, a notice period of 1 transfer window before that player can be released.

What would you say to that?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

I would say far too sensible… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Far to late to sell now. He won’t be sold

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Hey wasplicker, could be right but I’ll bet a mars bar now you won’t get anything like this offer next year!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Hightown hope

But, Banjo, that really is irrelevant. While the money is nice, it would appear from our transfer efforts this summer, money is not the probelm at Anfield – it’s spending it. If he does go next summer, in May hopefully, and we ‘only’ get £80m, so what? As long as he has played his heart out this season, whether we are successful in our objectives or not, that will be good enough for me and , I suspect, the majority of the fans.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.