Home Community General Football Dr. Courtois

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    reds2riches
    Participant

Just seen a courtois presser where he basically says that because he has suffered a concussion before he cant see how it could have affected karius given that he saw the game out.

Now..dont get me wrong…maybe it affected karius…maybe it didnt…but does the chelsea keeper have a medical degree we dont know about?

A few season back i remember he went after mignolet…saying the liverpool keeper should know and accept his place as belgium number 2.

He should fit right in next to ramos at madrid…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Courtois was asked the question in a Belgium press conference and he gave his opinion of what you could and couldn’t do it you were concussed based on his personal experience.

Personally I think it’s all a bit odd 5 days after the event with no treatment requested on the field with good saves made as well as the two big mistakes made and it certainly puts Karius in a better light v the mistakes.

But the big question now isn’t whether Karius was concussed or not v Real that game has been and gone and nothing is going to change that it’s whether Karius is good enough to continue as Liverpool’s No 1 and only one person can answer that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        reds2riches
        Participant

Aah..a footballer giving his opinion about a medical issue…after being asked by journalists…interesting.
          Btw..why would the belgian press be asking him that?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

red, I think the Belgium press conferences are broader than just the Belgian press Courtois gave his opinion based on his own experience of being concussed but I’m not sure Courtois’s opinion has any relevance either way.

Whether Karius was or wasn’t concussed is equally unimportant now 10 days after the CL Final he made two significant errors that may or may not been down to concussion but he’s made similar errors in previous games without any concussion.

Karius is now an issue that Klopp will have to deal with and he will have to either stand by Karius or replace him as his No 1 currently the signs are that he intends to replace him but time will tell.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

If this theory is to be believed then the Liverpool medical team must take some responsibility, they must be trained in such matters. Also, the statement from the USA is very guarded as you would expect because they have not actually stated..this was fact…but a “could have”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

I find it a little odd that this was released unless it was from Karius himself as some sort of excuse. Also heard on talksport this morning that Karius nearly did a similar blunder as Bales 2nd goal went Liverpool played Roma Roma where the ball went straight through his hands and hit the cross bar. Did he have concussion then aswell? Feel sorry for the guy but this looks a bit too suspicious. Or maybe I’m an old cynic.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

I watched Karuis a few times this season and was a bit puzzled why Klopp favoured him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

And I thought you only watched intelligent movies? πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.