Home Community General Football CL & EL Semi Finals

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Mikus LFC
    Participant

Great goal by Pulisic. As I said on the other thread, he takes Chelsea to another level.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

Very delicately poised this now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Very impressed again by Chelsea

Didn’t give their midfield any time unlike us

Very well organized all over the pitch

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Luckydestiny
          Participant

Would have taken 1-1 before the game but we should have got another one or two goals in the periods we were on top

50/50 for a final so happy with that

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Chelsea played well disappointed with the draw because I think we deserved to win but I would have happily taken a draw and the away goal advantage prior to kick off.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Ye agreed lads. Chelsea just need to start putting a few more chances away as so solid in midfield and the back

They didn’t give real an inch. Good result chums and can see you finishing the job next week

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Haaland in that team would be interesting.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Luckydestiny
                  Participant

Hope so Sean,

Nine, forget haaland, benzema will do for a year if haaland moves to real! What a finish and what a complete striker he is.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Very true Lucky.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

Good win that and makes Chelsea favourites to progress. Werner so poor again though and is amassing some catalogue of missed chances this season.

It really does feel like we’re entering another period where PL sides should dominate in the CL.

Looking increasingly likely we’ll see all English finals in both the CL and EL this season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

I’m still disappointed it wasn’t a win Ed. 😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Blaze
                          Blocked

Sorry to say but Werner needs to barring a miraculous return to scoring goals, he wasn’t brought in for his general play which is decent but rather to score goals and we don’t really have anyone that’s prolific enough and it’s costing us big time. Otherwise we have a good squad to take us forward. As far as the CL return leg is concerned I don’t believe we done enough. Real Madrid have always had incredible luck which is the big worry.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

He really has missed some sitters but it’s his 1st season. He can score goals as shown at rb. No way would I sell mate after just one season. I think he will come good but has to be burying some of the chances he gets

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

Wouldn’t surprise me if Nagelsmann tried getting him to Bayern if Chelsea do intend to sell. It’s a fair point though Sean. He might come good next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Very difficult to call this tie even had Werner’s shot not been saved by Courtois’s size 12’s even a 2-1 win still may not be enough in the 2nd leg because Real still have players capable of scoring a goal out of nothing.

It was though an excellent all round team performance and if Chelsea can repeat that performance again which they are very capable of doing they’ve got half a chance of going through.

Chelsea with someone like Haaland leading the line could be a whole different proposition next season though under Tuchel.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

I think any of the top sides bringing in probably Europe’s best young striker will be a very different proposition next season Nine. He really could make the difference for any of City, Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Ed, you’re right of course but my comment was based on the development and quality in this Chelsea team under Tuchel who are really just missing a quality striker whoever that may be to take them up another level. Maybe that’s Michy!😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Absolutely, Nine. It’s crazy how many of the top sides are lacking a top striker. All the 4 sides I mentioned badly need a striker. City obviously managing better than most but even they’re going to need someone soon it would seem. Add Bayern (Lewandowski isn’t getting any younger), Real Madrid, Barca etc. It’s no wonder the likes of Haaland are attracting such interest despite the huge fee it would take to get him away from Dortmund this summer.

Certainly wouldn’t bet against him going to Chelsea though, if he does move this summer. They showed last summer they aren’t afraid to back a manager still. City seemingly won’t go that high on individual transfers so will be waiting until his release clause is active. Utd is a no-go, in my view, because of Haaland’s City and Leeds links. Liverpool can’t afford him. Nor can Real.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Luckydestiny
                                        Participant

Chelsea not getting haaland, I think both tammy and giroud are going, werner will stay and we will get another striker to compete Someone like belotti makes sense to me as 28, cheap as chips and scored a lot of goals in a mediocre seria a side that create few chances

He is not haaland but he would put away most of the chances werner misses

I have personally changed my view on the striker situation and don’t mind a short term fix now as long as top quality, ie aguero or benzema

Immobile of lazio a very good striker too

We have plenty of youth and potential,need efficiency at 9

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Lucky, completely agree with your post above I don’t think we’ll get Haaland either and without City go in for him or Barca and Real sell a lot of players I suspect he may not move at all I don’t think he’ll go to United because of the history with his old man and I don’t think Liverpool could stretch their budget that far without selling Salah which may not be so easy now even if they wanted to.

My post was slightly misleading “Chelsea with someone like Haaland leading the line could be a whole different proposition next season though under Tuchel.” I meant someone to lead the line not necessarily Haaland for Werner to potentially play off as he did with Poulsen at Leipzig. Cheers 9’s

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.