Home Community Man City City vs Palace

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

So no Gundog in the line up after he was hacked by Pulis’s team. But by the sounds of it he will be back soon luckily. So for me it has to be the same team as vs Watford but perhaps with Vinny if fit in the team for otamendi. Hard to argue with a winning line up.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Surrey Blue
      Participant

Hard to disagree but Pep may just roll the dice again and we have something approaching the team that beat Watford. Then again, he might think slightly longer term bearing in mind what comes along after this weekend.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

Yes very good point Surrey Blue. But I still want us to play 2 upfront. Perhaps sub Jesus KDB and Aguero if we get a couple of goals up?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

City with one eye on the Shaktar game could be to Palace’s advantage which could keep it under 5 .?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Surrey Blue
            Participant

I think most of us have been around long enough to never assume any positive result in any game involving City!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Haha too true, Palace have lost there first five games and not scored a goal. In years gone by you could bank on them breaking their duck at ours. Lol. But things have changed a bit in recent times.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

I reckon anything less than a 5 goal spanking would be a moral victory for Palace!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

I think what Pep will be wanting is to get the lead early on, build quickly on it then make substitutions. I would not underestimate Palace at any point, they have capable players to cause an upset under Mr Hodgson. What is important is 3 points, clean sheet and injury free game. I do not think the team should be focusing on the potential record goals for Kun as well….let him play his natural game…he will score them soon enough

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    cityboy54
                    Participant

Hope changing team pep don’t bite you in backside

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Shouldn’t Palace get a bonus point for keeping it to 5? ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Maybe nine. Chelsea away coming up, we can’t be as open and relaxed first half with you guys as we were yesterday. Moratta looks lethal. We owe you one, I expect the lads will be fired up. No sideshow either.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

Chelsea will be our toughest test this season in the league. Slow start, like Palace and we will be found out. Really good performance in the second half, Palace could not keep there concentration with the ball zipping about.The more I see of Bernando, the more I like him. Fernandiho is haveing a quiet spell, not like his dominent self in midfield, maybe because KDB and Silva doing so much plus the the full backs bu we do need him to take charge of the defensive midfield. Ederson had little to do but when he had to, he did it well. Augerro worked his socks off and deserved his goal. I also thought our two CBs did well

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Jim, I heard on the grapevine that Luiz got himself suspended to save another Aguero haymaker.?

Difficult game for both sides and a difficult one to predict I will be glad when that fixtures behind us, Chelsea have had a difficult set of opening fixtures and playing City after Atletico Madrid away is a very tough one and the last of that particular difficult run.

Chelsea need Hazard back and 100% match fit playing every match his partnership with Morata could be very interesting going forwards.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

999…Hazard is an exciting player but I would rather have KDB in my team ..imo…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Brian, Hazard is Chelsea’s best player and a game changer and he’s returning from a broken ankle and has yet to start a PL game.

Chelsea are a much better much more dangerous team with Hazard in the starting eleven and Hazard has been badly missed additionally I think Hazard will make Morata an even better player when he is back to being a regular starter and I have a sneaky feeling that Conte may well play a new formation when Hazard is starting games 3/5/1/1 after which imo we might start to see the real Chelsea.

Chelsea have come through a tough run of opening PL fixtures with Spurs away, Everton home, Leicester away, Arsenal home, Stoke away all without Hazard starting as well as bedding in a new main striker and I would have happily have settled for 12 points from the first 6 fixtures with City at home to come and end that sequence after which I would expect Chelsea to kick on.

Happily take a draw now from the City game.? Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Have to agree with Brian nine. KDB over Hazard every time for me. But somehow i suspect Chelsea fans would think the other way round. Personally i Will be disappointed with a point. I expect Pep will have our lads fired up and we will go all out for the 3 pts.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Jim, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder mate,

KDB is a great player and I wish Jose had had a bit more foresight and that he was still at Chelsea but for me Hazard is one of the top 4/5 players in the world.

Tough game and City have a much easier CL game at home to Shaktar whilst Chelsea have a very tough away game v Atletico which with no travelling time also gives City an extra one day recovery time which could be crucial.

I’m sure both Managers will have their teams well fired up for the game.

Hopefully City have already used up a bit of their scoring potential.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Big Jim
                                      Participant

Nine, I suspect Pep may well play Jesus and Aguero up front against you guys. Which means we will definitely score but also concede against a top side especially without Kompany. Only 6 games in but I can’t think of a more complete player than Debryne in the the PL this season. But I realise that he will never get in a team of the year leg alone win a player of the year, simply because it’s is accepted that City players are always overlooked. Which kind of suits us I supose. Top of the goals scored and assists this season sits Aguero with six goals and three assists. But strangely you would think it was lukaku or Kane listening to the sycophantic media. Sterling has scored more than Kane, but the media love Kane and simply don’t like young Sterling. That was why the buffoon Southgate droped Sterling when he’s arguably the only real creative player England have. I would be quite happy if Sterling made himself unavailable for England and saved himself the hassle and agro of dealing with idiots like Southgate and having to deal with crap from ignorant fuckwit fans. Also some in the game need reminding that Aguero is the best finisher the PL has ever seen and for him to have never made a pl team of the year says much more about the cretinous individuals that vote than it does for Aguero. Sorry gone off on a tangent. Lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Jim, I’m a massive Aguero fan and had Jesus not got injured last season when he did I think City would have been right up there competing for the title at the end of last season.

De Bruyne is a great player too but City have an array of great players David Silva is another one of my favourite players.

Whatever the outcome next Saturday I’m pretty sure neither team will win 4 or 5 nil and that it won’t end nil nil. ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Big Jim
                                          Participant

Nine, my rant wasn’t really aimed at you. I just went off on a tangent. Can I just add obviously I do rate Sterling, I am aware of his failings. I can also add that I also rate Deli Alli slightly ahead of sterling as a creative player.

Cheers Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.