Home Community General Football City Banned

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    whoisbeni
    Participant

Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons by Uefa

Came out of the blue

I missed the build up to this

Will it stick or will it be later reduced to a suspended sentence

Glad the financial doping of clubs is still being pursued by the hopeless authorities

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by whoisbeni.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Beni good to hear from you

I hope you and your son are enjoying the ball

Can’t see these been upheld. UEFA never stick to the bans they hand out.

City be back in next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Wow. That’s Pep out the door anyway, surely? You can see why they didn’t buy any defenders in the January window too.

i will say that if it really is about City’s grossly inflated sponsorship money then I’m not unhappy about it. If it were however just a result of them going over the FFP limit then I would not be pleased by it. I do think FFP needs to adjust it’s allowances but the whole financial doping side of things must not be allowed in the sport.

Sorry to the City fans on here, jesus… they’ll be devastated. Whilst the clubs may or may not deserve this, the fans definitely don’t. Were this to happen to Liverpool, I’d be absolutely gutted.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

I don’t think that 2 years will be suspended but maybe it could be dropped to 1 season. they will of course have to fight it and in the meantime, they might miss the chance to actually play while an appeal is in the mix.

Tell you what though lads, it’ll be some situation if City manage to win the CL this season. Think about it, the champions not being allowed to defend their title.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Mak I guarantee that ban won’t be upheld mate

UEFA are a joke. They never follow through with bans and clubs always get out of them

It be suspended and a fine which is nothing to city

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              srd79
              Participant

I fear that City will appeal and get a much lesser punishment. I hope they don’t though.
                I have no sympathy for clubs like City and PSG who couldn’t put a stick in a turd without ruining both and only started to win anything because some rich guy (or regime) wanted to play real life Football Manager on cheat mode.

It’ll be very interesting to see what happens if the regime fails to get their ban reduced or cancelled. Will Guardiola run off to the next national dominant champ with a bottomless purse? What will their star players do?
                Interesting to say the least!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Well Sean, City are already going to the European Court of Arbitration. It won’t be up to UEFA, if they decide that the ban was unfair but I take your point about them. They do need to have more backbone but my instincts tell me this is going to stand. Well, at least 1 year of it anyway.

This opens up 5th place for the CL, so the teams that all thought they were fighting over 1 spot are now potentially fighting over 2.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Srd, I do feel more strongly than I’m saying here. I do agree that City’s doping has been a negative influence on the sport and there shouldn’t be a place in it for that kind of thing but since there are City fans on here, I don’t want to say I’m too glad about it. They don’t deserve this and really you only have to point blame towards the people who thought they could game the system. They owe their loyal supporters answers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    srd79
                    Participant

It’s good for the PL. Even if City are banned for two seasons, they need to perform and stay relevant. So as Mak says 5th will be the new 4th and that’ll make for an even better and more competetive PL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chelsea.man
                      Participant

Very harsh on City, all teams sometimes are guilty, why ban two seasons? i don’t what to say, but somehow i see David Gill’s hand in this? but just it’s a joke.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

If they cooked the books and lied about their income then they should be banned Chelsea man.

It’s very very wrong. If they didn’t and have nothing to hide then it will be over turned when they appeal and UEFA have got it totally wrong

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          whoisbeni
                          Participant

Cheers Sean
                            Loving this season and we had a great time in Madrid last June too

Great times! I just hope we build a foundation that lasts a while

Best football I’ve seen from Liverpool since 87/88/89 when john Barnes arrived

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            srd79
                            Participant

Mak, I get your point about not wanting to piss off the present City fans as it was probably their club before the Sheiks arrived. It’s not City as such I have a problem with. It’s their owners. I’m a fan of United. I never had that kind of ill feeling towards Arsenal or Liverpool as those clubs were about good, longterm management and player recruitment.
                              That’s the point. I wouldn’t have a problem with City finally winning things if they did it that way.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Hightown hope

Lucky the City fans hate the Champions League really, isn’t it?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

Wish United gets a 10-year transfer ban,only allowed to sign players worth Β£10m or less.No more fooking Pogbas,Sanchez,Maguire,Martial,Freds,Shaws,etc.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Nice one Beni. Ye great time to be a red mate

Even I’m positive these days ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

WOW!! That was out the blue (see what I did there!).

Over to the lawyers now (remember when football was played on the pitch?), but I can’t see it standing for 2 years, to be honest. Maybe 1, but wouldn’t be surprised to see changed to a larger fine.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chelsea.man
                                      Participant

Sean

I don’t mind the law being enforced fairly, but you see PSG has been found also in the similar offence and according to some sources they let them off the hook, and now City has been banned. I smelt a rat from this. and how Uefa has been rushing to charge City is another suspicion. and while we may never know the truth behind this, I still feel giving this kind of punishment at this stage of the season is also unjustifiable.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        srd79
                                        Participant

Guardiola off to Juventus then?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Hightown hope

City can now pretend they are United by being out of Europe for the next 2 seasons!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 303 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.