Home Community General Football Chelsea Going Forward

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 2,909 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea.man
    Participant

In recent times, the blue army invasion at footy debate has been at it’s peak. more and more blues are joining by the day. with this in mind, i thought it was time that we got our own thread in the general page where we can chew the fat without also losing the other club fans. that is the primary objective why i started this thread.

We lost our seven game wining streak. but thank God it wasn’t a premier league game. while i wanted to win the league, i have also realised that our squad is still young and are in the learning process. playing too many competitions is a step too far psychologically. our squad is not still ready. so for that reason i was not disappointed with the league cup exit. let us also not forget that Frank is also in a learning curve. this is his second season professionally, so there is a lot to come from him. i’m not reading too much about our present. while it may be important. but i’m super excited about what may happen if and when everything clicks into gear. i can’t wait! let the discussions begin.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Nice one Cman.

Lets hope it doesn’t go the way of the Spurs going forwards thread.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chelsea.man
        Participant

God forbid that Nine! i hope it won’t go to that direction.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chelsea1967
          Participant

Great idea Chelsea Man. Only yesterday I was thinking of posting something and then realised there was no where appropriate to post it so I parked it at the other place. Here it is:

A Pat Nevin article which is very interesting. He comes up with a side where none of the selected players are current starters.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/10/29/pat-nevin-asks-how-alternative-chelsea-line-up-would-perform-in-

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Chelsea1967.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Whilst Wednesday night was disappointing the performances of James, Guehi and Gilmour was very encouraging and aside from those 3 how much stronger will Chelsea be once Emerson, Rudiger, Kante and Loftus Cheek are all fit. And Connor Gallagher is getting rave reviews at Charlton too.

And then there’s the lifting of the transfer ban to come with Frank already sitting on a sizeable transfer kitty.

The hash tag I made up of #thefuturesbrightthefuturesblue was originally just a bit of fun but actually it seriously is!

Liverpool need to win that elusive League title quickly because it will get a lot harder soon when there’s a new kid on the block!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chelsea1967
              Participant

Excellent 999. It looks like you’ve been on twitter too as your hash tag is all over it. Hope you get royalties πŸ™‚

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23thefuturesbrightthefuturesblue&src=typed_query

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Never go anywher near Twitter mate but I guess it’s an obvious one.

Being pedantic not sure how City can claim that hash tag though they’re light blue which isn’t blue.

Anyway they’ll be looking up to us soon enough!???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Let’s be honest, I don’t tvibk many people could see chelsea making such early progress. They really look A very good team

Exciting times for Chelsea fans

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

999, we’re currently doing well in the league despite having quite a few players missing, come the lifting of the transfer ban, whenever that may be, where do you think we need to strengthen?

More importantly which players are going to be told they’re not good enough (either old guard going past there peak or youngsters not ready yet) and who’s development is going to be blocked? The youngsters won’t get any better watching from the sidelines.

For me the transfer ban has shown the quality of young players we can develop, and has shown that there is a pathway to the first team, which makes retaining and attracting the best youngsters so much easier.

Frank and Jody having a sizeable transfer kitty is fine, but it has to be spent wisely on key positions that the academy are unlikely to be able to fill in the next two to three seasons. I just hope they don’t go out and spend spend spend on players because they can and end up reverting to type…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Very good Progress Sean. I’d definitely be filled with joy and confidence if I was a Chelsea Supporter. There seems to be a similar pattern against Leicester with a change of Management. Sometimes, it can completely change the outlook.

6-2-lost 2 is very good in my eyes and that’s the sort of Barometer realistically if you’re challenging for Title or Champions League positions at the High End.

It’s consistency and keeping that momentum going.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Pagan, I think both Frank and Jody will respect the emerging young players but even Fergie added Cantona and Keane to the Class of 92 and what we’re seeing at Chelsea whilst I wouldn’t be as bold to claim is at that level it’s probably the closest anyone has got to it supported by how much the young players won at youth level.

I’m sure Frank has his own ideas as to where he might want to strengthen but all of probably Willian Pedro and Giroud will need replacing soon and allegedly Frank is keen on Chilwell and personally I think we probably need a bit more creativity in midfield.

But I trust in Frank and Judy to blend what we have with what we’ve got coming through with the signings Frank identifies but this is a special group of players who have come through the Academy and they won’t always be at this level in this quantity.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

To be honest I think we already have replacements for Willian and Pedro in Pulisic and Hudson Odoi. It’s a difficult one for Frank and Jody….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Pagan, we need 4 wide players to play 60 odd games as we have now you can’t just rely on two.

Frank has stated when the ban is lifted he will be looking to strengthen I’m sure he’ll make the right decisions.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

I realise that 9, but who’s going to play second fiddle, as we know the players now hold the power and bearing that in mind keeping our young talent is going to be a challenge, especially if they’re not first choice, the flip side of course is who’s going to come to play second fiddle….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chelsea.man
                                Participant

Kepa Arrizabalaga
                                  Emerson
                                  Fikayo Tomori
                                  Kurt Zouma
                                  Cesar Azpilicueta
                                  Mateo Kovacic
                                  Jorginho
                                  Mason Mount
                                  Willian
                                  Christian Pulisic
                                  Tammy Abraham

Not sure how accurate that line up is. but i saw it in Livescore. that is the closest to our strongest team. not sure the selection of Emerson, he hasn’t played for almost two months. i would have gone for Alonso still. but Frank is paid to make those kinds of decision. and i hope it will benefit us. as for the rest of the team. they have done well well last week against Burnley and deserved to keep their places.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Pagan, if you stand still you go backwards look at Spurs. SAF added quality to the Class of 92 and there wtll be plenty of games for all. Trust in Frank.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chelsea.man
                                    Participant

While in public i would blame the VAR inconsistency. in private i have to admit that our players had been naive in trying to play short passess in our own box. it was a stupid idea at best. i have to say, we need to pray Kante to return on time since Jorginho will be out. that Penalty had been in his mind when he was given that yellow.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

well done on another win lads!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chelsea.man
                                        Participant

Another masterstroke signing in kovacic which i never saw coming. when we signed him, i was in the camp that thought it was pointless in sining him him. now he is justify every penny of that Β£40m that was said that we have paid. or say €40m that some news outlets were reporting at the time. the way he was driving our midfield today was out of this world. he even earned Frank’s praise.

Frank Lampard singles out ‘nightmare’ Mateo Kovacic for special praise after Watford win

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Foster was MOM imo without him it could have been 5 or 6.

Agree with you CM we bought the penalty if it was a penalty ? on ourselves with all that silly short passing in the penalty area. Frank needs to have a word as you rightly say CM Kovacic was Β£40m well spent.

3rd place now we’ll be getting a nose bleed soon.?

Shame we couldn’t have got a bit closer to the top 2.

That Kepa he’s rubbish!Lol.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 2,909 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.