Home Community General Football Championship Promotion SWFC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Paul C
    Participant

Being a Blades (sheff Utd)
      I hope that sheff Weds don’t get promoted this season. Not because they are the Bain of my life, because I love the steel city derbies we will have. Next season will be tough on the blades and if we can stay in the championship that will be fantastic but to top the season off a double over sheff Weds will be the icing on the cake. Are there any Weds fans looking forward to this if the fail on promotion? ⚽️

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

Congrats on the promotion for your boys. The Yorkshire sides seem to all be doing well again after a barren few years.

It’s still a tough ask for Wednesday to get up this season. I still think Fulham might sneak that last playoff spot so you may well get your wish anyway!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Congratulations to the Blades Paul and welcome to the forum!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Editor.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Paul C
          Participant

I will find it amusing if Wednesday and Fulham finish on the same points and then Fulham will go into playoffs on goal difference after Wednesday spent millions on their strike force, lol that will keep me laughing all through the closed season!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner

I can imagine Paul! Leeds seem to be the ones struggling now though at the final hurdle

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Rover
            Participant

even though I am a Chelsea supporter I would like to see Leeds back in the Premier League along of course with Newcastle who will be there.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

I agree about Leeds. Would love to see them back in the Premier League. They’ve been away for a long time but I think they’ll make it up eventually sooner rather than later. The question is whether or not their chairman will give the manager enough time in the PL or whether he’ll be tempted to bring in a bigger name.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Blaze
                Participant

for this season it will be obviously Newcastle and Brighton and hopefully also Leeds-would also like older pedigree teams like Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton, Villa, Birmingham and Forest up there at some stage.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Completely agree Blaze. Lots of sleeping giants left in the Championship. Hope to see them back up at some point. Who do you support?

Rover, what about your boys? Is the title done and dusted?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Rover
                    Participant

far from it-I could never understand the so called expert pundits on TV predicting a comfortable league title for Chelsea when we all know how a team can lose form and esp. this Chelsea team which is not really a great team but more dependent on structure and efficiency mainly due to their manager. Spurs are only 4 points behind us and thats not much with 6 games still to go, at one stage we were 12 points ahead of them. The only little bit of comfort is that we have 4 homes games and they have 4 away games left out of the 6 each. Still they can win it and I want mind that much as they have not won it since that great Spurs team of the early 60’s. A long time ago. The disappointment would be too lead a table for virtually the whole season and to only lose it at the end.

React below 👇

Loading spinner

To be fair it’s only really been non-Chelsea fans saying it’s over so there will be no shame in having to backtrack in that sense, though as you say it will be hard to take after being so dominant all season.

As you say, the run-in is in Chelsea’s favour so I still think you’ll do enough to get over the line. At least it’s a bit more exciting for us neutrals now!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

Nice summary Rover. I think Chelsea should have enough now to see off Spurs. The 4 away games mught just be too much for Spurs. They also have Utd to come to White Hart Lane so their home games are far from certain either. Looks like we’re set for a tight finish anyway!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.