Home Community Non-Football Car’s, car’s and more cars…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

As we’re doing new threads that aren’t talking about the greatest manager in the game signing on for the greatest team in the game to amuse ourselves, I’ll start one about cars and see if they’re any more petrolheads among us.

As for new cars, the new Rolls Royce Wraith Coupe and the Aston Martin DBX have caught my eye recently, both gorgeous looking cars, and the beast that is the new Maybach GLS is a contender to be bought if I ever win the lottery.

Anybody else got any fav’s out there?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Editor. Reason: Just sticking it in non-football Chucky

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Always loved the Porsche 911.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Never been a fan of the 911, even though I’ve had a few Bettles over the years.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Love SUV-s,always have done.Own a Jeep Chrysler,but absolutely love the brand new Range Rover Velar-my dream car.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Goose, have you seen the new Aston Martin SUV (mentioned it above!)? It might not be the best at actual “off-roading”, sure the above is better, but bloody hell it looks sexy!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

This one?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

That be the one!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

Prefer the older cars myself, and the more modern ones that give good value for money.
                      Really old cars I’d say an Austin Healey 3000
                      Would love a Lancia Stratos
                      Quite like the Chevette HS or HSR (had a couple of those)
                      More modern, the Vauxhall VXR220
                      But as an everyday practical car would like an Audi RS4

….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

If I was an Adult around this time with a Regular Income and a Stable Job – This Little Baby for me πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Peggy…what would your thoughts be in the new “old” cars on the market? The Eagle Speedtar, David Brown Speedbacks, Callum MK II Jag type of design? Old classics with a modern twist (and modern engineering!).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

Old cars are, compared to modern cars, difficult to drive, no power steering, no servo brakes and unreliable. So with that in mind blending that with today’s technology gives you best of both worlds. My own personal view on it though is as long as they’re new build and not destroying a classic car, then fine.

The price of them is somewhat prohibitive though, the price of the reworked e type is over Β£800k, for that you could get a proper one and a modern supercar. If they were to do a d type version then that would be a different kettle of fish…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

I’ll always have more time for Classics. Each and every one of them had identity.

Now all I see is these great big Land Rovers driven in the City. There are limited parking spaces and highly unpractical when it comes to Shopping Centre Car Parks.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

You need more time for classic cars, as you’re forever fixing them….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                threeps
                                Participant

I park my car in Europe’s longest car park and just a walk down it is an eye opener for anyone who likes cars. Just in my little section of the car park is a Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari 812 Stallone and a Rolls-Royce Wraith. In fact I think they are owned by the same person! The Ferrari has got to be the loudest car I’ve ever heard and that was when he was just reversing out!

Lukas Podolski has an apartment pretty much next door (yes name dropping now!) and although I think he is currently in Japan his Lamborghini Urus is often seen. There’s also a stupid amount of Bentleys and Porsches and those obscenely large Mercs.

It does make me giggle when I get to park between two supercars in my 2017 Seat Leon!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by threeps.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

3ps, what’s the Leon like to drive? How is it on fuel, mechanically and running costs etc?

I’m thinking about Ibiza or Leon for next year, but probably go for a 15 plate.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    threeps
                                    Participant

It’s a very good car Nil. I have the ST version with the 154PS 1.4l engine which is pretty economical. I do mostly Autobahn driving and get around 850km to a tank, with the tank being 50 or 55l. Not sure what that equates to in MPG, but you get an idea.

Mechanically no problems but then it is only 2.5 years old. Had two occasions when people have crashed into it mind, but can’t really blame the car for that! It’s going in for a recall on the rear LED lights next week but that’s just a small job.

Drives well. Quiet and smooth. Got enough power to overtake safely but it’s no Cupra! I had a M3 a few years ago but have grown out of that phase now. The ST has a boot big enough with the back seats down for me and girlfriend to sleep in (yup done it a few times), and I’m a smidge over 6 foot.

Basically it’s a Golf with slightly cheaper initial costs and servicings. I’ve enjoyed driving it, although having said that I’m looking at the EV scene to see if/when that becomes plausible. When it does, and I mean when I can charge easily (no charge points in my parking garage yet) I will switch to electric.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

3ps, thanks for the kind info mate, appreciate that.

Wow, I didn’t even know they did ST versions – that must give it some kick!

Yeah, somebody else mentioned about VW Engines. Yeah, I was advised about that too, the same for WV Polo. They are expensive to run and high on insurance.

I want something decent as a run-around and something reliable for longer commutes to my Workplace but not something that’s going to stretch me financially.

1.4 is definitely better option. Our fuel prices in the UK for a litre is around Β£1.30. Petrol naturally grows to be more expensive and I’m clocking more miles weekly so I need something economic.

I was also looking at the possibility of a Suzuki Swift – quite nippy cars and apparently quite cheap to run too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        threeps
                                        Participant

ST is just a sports tourer, as in an estate, power is the same as the hatchback. The Cupra is the one with the kick, 300HP and 4×4 on the estate version.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.