Home Community General Football Betting and the FA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

The FA are hypocrites by claiming they support Mental health when one of the biggest problems in society is Betting. This usually means by people who can ill afford to bet and put a bet before family needs. If I look at the darker side and note that the gambling industry is taking an even firmer grip of the football and this will get worse and we are yet another step nearer fixed matches to aid the betting odds. It need to be stopped, players will be under pressure, officials will be under pressure and VAR will certainly be under pressure. However, the issue I have is mental health. I have a solution….Without doubt mental health issues will increase by betting and losing this will bring about break down which the NHS has to deal with let alone the family’s , so, for every case that is referred to treatment the betting firms have to pick up the NHS tab and other related costs The people in the FA should be named and shamed and sacked for signing this deal

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Kudos actually to Sky Sports to allow Candid Speaking Mind, Paul Merson.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

Nil…I want fans to discuss it as well

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          steveosnakeeye
          Participant

i saw a horrible online advert the other day, it had a lady in tears with bills and no money, higlighting the bills and the tears, then it says “this app can help” and its an advert for an app…a bloddy betting gambling app with slot mahcines and the like! horrendous ad and made me feel a little sick

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

Steve…..I think there are many real cases like this, it destroys family life and when it goes out of control as frequently happens only despair is left, As I mentioned before the betting Companies need to control not only the punters but the occasion as well…that is how they make so much money

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

PS…..the FA saw the £££££££££££££s and that is all they were interested in not mental health issues

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Steveo, that’s genuinely predatory and morally bankrupt. I already don’t like the fact that it is legal to advertise gambling but that is a real low point that they’ve reached. Was the ad on Sky or BT, do you remember?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.