Home Community General Football Barcelona: The Spanish 'Dreamland'

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

So was thinking in light of Coutinho’s move and all the so called ‘parameters’ that fit his lifestyle and would be of an influence.

He spent 5 years at Liverpool effectively. He’s not one to shun loyalty by god. And credit to a Certain Brendan Rodgers bringing this wonderful human being into my sight and bringing me happiness and joy.

My point is, as it was Barca that actually knocked on the door in the first place and have been badgering, please don’t tell me individuals just magnetize and fall into their lap.

That is pure nonsense.

Barcelona to a big degree have us England playing for fools and being their ‘feeder’. Make no mistake. I see so many times much to my anger, comments written by Posters accepting as part of the Norm.

So why is this happening? Quite simply in us letting it happen and if players are being swamped greatly from the Premier League, then it’s US quite frankly that are doing something of high quality and that means for me, we are Best League.

Mark Hughes and Gary Lineker to my recollection were the only 2 guys in the 1980s to step foot in their blooming territory and for one reason or another: sod them and back down where they belong.

How Many ENGLISH PLAYERS HAVE EVER GONE THAT WAY AND STAYED???? THAT’S THE QUESTION.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Pagan
      Participant

NB, Spain is a foreign country to us English, food, customs, weather, language all are alien to a certain degree.

To the those from the South America’s it’s a spiritual home.

Footballing wise the history of the Spanish sides is vast, Liverpool bang on about having won the EC five times, Madrid won it five times on the bounce.

….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chelsea.man
        Participant

The bottom line is that you got Β£142m for a player that you have paid only Β£8m. That is great piece of business. Luckily Liverpool have other players who can run the show. Salah, Mane And Firmino. He was the cog in the formation. And Liverpool need a replacement. I don’t think Lemar is similar player. May be going back to the Brazillian market will give you cheaper replacement. And by the way Brandan Rodgers have bought some of your best players. Firmino,Coutinho,Lallana,Can,Lovren, the keeper and Gomez. I don’t know why Liverpool fans despise him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          cm
          Participant

The massive increase of foreign players only means one thing as soon as the big spanish come knocking, they are off. These players grew up watching and following Barcelona or Real Madrid, especially South American players. Their heroes when they were growing up played for these sides i.e. Ronaldonho, Ronaldo, Romario, Maradonna, etc.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Pagan,

don’t know if you mate but do you remember a Holiday programme ‘Wish You Were Here’? πŸ˜€ Bit of light into this, being presented by a certain Judith Chambers, as kid, enjoyed watching this featured on a Monday primetime.

We know as far as Weather goes, we’re up against it, bigtime the moment we hit November. On the same token, we boast in this country more foreign players than ‘resort Barcelona’.

So any reason as to why? Or is it just money, meal-ticket and a ‘stepping stone’?

I read the point of not enough English Managers, and not enough top quality English players.

Well here’s your answer.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

I want Barcelona’s bubble to burst. We need more F A I T H once and for all in our ENGLISHMAN

What did David Beckham’s so-called Academy ever do? Fuck all, but sprinkle a tad bit of make up on him. Where are those Kids now?

Where’s the ENGLISH DEVELOPEMENT OF HIGH QUALITY?????

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Facking hell, they were greats CM and missed. Maradonna and Romario especially. I believe they were by default not by their native country because they were poor and needing to earn.

Thus Spain, but I’m still angered as to why WE ARE IN ACCEPTANCE TO THEM, BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO BE FOREVER IN ACCEPTANCE TO THEM!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Pity there’s no Saints fans on here to point out the slight double standards in certain posts above… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

Slight!!? Lol Chucky

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

What ‘double standards’?

Mark Hughes

Gary Lineker

Double standards no, LAZINESS from the odd Ipswich Town foreign player to Jurgen Klinsmann in 1994: we honestly didn’t feel it would progress and thereafter spiral that far.

We’re just succumb to being feeders. That’s the reality as it stands.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Care to explain to Nil Chucky?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          cm
                          Participant

I’ll do the honours.

Basically Nil, what Banjo and Jim are implying is Lallana, Clyne, Lambert, Mane, Van Dijk and Oxlade-Chamberlain via the Arsenal.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Thanks CM.

In essence, they really are off the Radar and don’t know what they are talking about?

So are any of those individuals listed will all of a sudden jump ship TOO MORROW??????

TO……BARCELONA??????

Naahh!

Do I need to XXXplain myself?!

Time to call it a night.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

Nil, Chucky has made a very good point and it’s nothing to do with those players jumping ship to Barcelona. It’s barely a week since you were rejoicing over the Van Dijk move to Liverpool where the Saints once again lost one of their best players to a bigger PL side.

You simply can’t have it both ways by celebrating Liverpool capturing another Southampton player while criticising Barca for signing another one of yours,a good 3 and a half years since they signed Suarez.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Nil, it can get a bit nippy in Barcelona in the winter months 12 degrees and rain predicted for Sunday but it is a truly lovely City and that’s not all you have a stunning coastline with the beaches and the sea on your doorstep and a number of the Barca players live outside the City on the coast.

Nil you can’t knock Barca for taking your players when Liverpool have bought half the Southampton team.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

I don’t see the problem here. I have my problems with FSG at times but you have to admit that they have shown some steel when it comes to Barca barging in to take our players.

Just look at last summer, 3 bids, the usual tricks and even a transfer request from th eplayer and they just said no. Ya, he’s no longer at the club but it’s going to cost thme the majority of their Neymar money. I don’t think we’ll get the whole Β£146 but say we get Β£120m of it, we only paid 8 for Coutinho and as th elads have pointed out, we’ve done the exact same stuff to Southampton. Don’t be quick to forget that we broke the rules by speaking directly to Van Dijk. . . Think about that for a minute as you sit there pissed off at Barca.

Anyway, we’re a pretty big fish and I certainly feel thta we’re on the right track. Coutinho leaves and where is the doom and gloom? There isn’t a bit of it from the media and you know that they would be writing us off at a moments notice. They aren’t saying a thing because we’ve jst signed th emost expensive defender in history and we’re still got the 3 other players from the “fab 4”. What will we call them now? The Triforce? . . We won’t be talking about being a one-man team or hear people saying “mid-table without Coutinho”.

No matter how big you are, there will always be a team out there who can take away 1-2 of your players, for whatever reason. That’s what it’s like in the big pond.

I don;t think I rmeember a time as a fan when we’ve had such draw power as we do now. Van Dijk turned Man City down to join us and I’d bet that he could have joined them in this window had he wanted to. Let’s focus on that and the future players that we’ll attract to this club as we slowly climb back up to where we belong.

I’m hoping that we’ll get through this next round in the CL and eventually end up knocking Barca out of it πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

The reality is that all club’s are vulnerable to Real and Barca.

United lost their best player to Real as did Spurs and Chelsea may well lose Hazard to Real too in the Summer like it or not Real and Barca are the biggest clubs in the world and all players have ambitions just like all the Southampton players who have joined Liverpool.

Mak not a chance of Liverpool knocking out Barca in this season’s CL because Barca are gone in the next round already!?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Big Jim
                                      Participant

Mak, I would be very very surprised if we bid anywhere near 75 for VVD. And when asked if City were interested or had bid for him Guardiola was adamant we hadn’t. Out of interest what evidence do you have that we did and VVD turned is down as you state. Cheers Jim

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Pagan
                                        Participant

NB, why are there so many overseas players in the prem, well there’s two reasons

1. We don’t produced the quality of player in this country as we don’t develop the technical side of the players preferring to concentrate on blood thunder, and playing offside. I could write about this all day.

2. To compensate for our inability to produce our own players we pay astronomical wages to overseas players which overrides their preference of playing in a nicer environment both in weather and culture

Yes I did watch wish you were here, and the places they went to looked fantastic, somewhat better than the set locations on The Liver Birds…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Wise-fan
                                          Spectator

Honestly a player’s career is incomplete without playing for the best which is Barcelona. don’t blame Coutinho for wanting to be on the right-side of history.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.