Home Community General Football Aston Villa's European places push

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Essentially, leaving this one here for the season for us all to chew through the fat on at various times.

I am arguing that over the past three seasons the league is no longer concertinerd. Ie, top two live and beath on their own and from third to relegation will be able to push for Europe.

Much like the championship where any team after xmas who puts an undefeated run together can uplift for playoffs or promotion.

It would be mental if villa get a Europa place this season. And it’s ossible if the league plays out like the championship

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Can’t see it but you can never say never.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

It is tongue in cheek with the title. But if and I mean if teams continue to take points off each other like they have, currently I wouldnโ€™t be sweating on current form if I was a spurs or united fan.

Wolves result today against city was phenomenal and against the form guide. I suspect more teams will take points off one another.

Can I be argued money in the Premiership has levelled the playing field?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

It is tongue in cheek with the title. But if and I mean if teams continue to take points off each other like they have, currently I wouldnโ€™t be sweating on current form if I was a spurs or united fan.

Wolves result today against city was phenomenal and against the form guide. I suspect more teams will take points off one another.

Can I be argued money in the Premiership has levelled the playing field?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

442, yeah I get that mate. Tbh I think Villa will be happy to still be in the PL at the end of the season. Anything over and above that would be a massive bonus.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Really like dean smith at villa and wilder at sheff utd. Both managing their own home team.

I think every away game in the pl is very tough for the top teams.

Thereโ€™s always surprising results but maybe a few more this season then usual

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Every team should have a dream, players need to work hard to make it happen but acknowledge there will be only one winner

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Ive raised similar discussion previously. Not about Villa specifically but about the current/potential for the PL given the 2 major factors (incredible PL TV and how its divided). The door is open for clubs who are smart in their dealings and those who have a manager who can get the best out of players abilities.

Leicester and Wolves are the 2 main developing clubs in my opinion but maybe someone else will stick their nose in.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    The Oracle
                    Participant

Leicester are the only side capable of breaking into the established top6. Wolves will suffer from being in The Europa League, Everton are in a mess and could be changing managers soon. Villa simply arenโ€™t good enough and will be happy to stay up. Chelsea will finish top4 with Arsenal & Leicester fighting it out for 4th. 5th down to 8th who knows, sides with larger squads last the pace as they are more likely to cope with injuries. Burnley & Bournemouth will be the surprise packages if there are any

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.