Home Community General Football An 'accident' waiting to happen

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

So I read about Steve Bruce leaving Sheffield Wednesday.

If it’s on the cards for him to move to Newcastle, as cynical and as negative this will come across, I can only see this going in one direction:

To be gone by Christmas with Newcastle struggling. I don’t particularly like Newcastle or a fan of theirs, but recognize them being a massive club that deserve better.

I don’t know what Ashley is up to. One of his proposed outlets in our neck of the woods has been delayed for weeks.

He’s hardly unlikely to give back Bruce with funds for new players so it seems to me really, somebody just walking into a brick wall. And Bruce himself just accentuates more in demonstration of being a journey.

I would steer clear, Brucey!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Newcastle are in a mess mate. I actually feel a bit for their fans. They had such a good thing with Rafa and now have Steve Bruce. It’s just crazy

I hope he does a good job but can only see it ending in tears. I think Newcastle will be relegated

They have signed no one and let Perez go. They badly need a few forwards. They Te I’m serous trouble

Whatever happened to the club being sold to the sheik??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Sean, you’re right mate with the club being in a mess.

It certainly appears that way from the outside. Albeit for financial gain, Bruce is just another journeyman in there as a gap filler with limited funds and resources, plus I’d imagine somebody just left to their own device.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

From the few clips I’ve seen the Newcastle fans are fuming especially as he managed Sunderland

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Not surprised at all Sean.

They’ve just lost to Wolves, 4-0 in a pre-season friendly.

I have to say Rafa was their saving grace. He was one of the few capable of taking the club up a couple of notches out of all that relegation lark, but in this league, you have to spend money and build on quality.

I completely agree that their Supporters don’t deserve being treated like this. It’s soul-destroying. Until something doesn’t give way with Ashley, it’s going to be dog-eat-dog as far as survival and status goes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Not sure what Newcastle fans expect given where they are as a Club on all fronts.

Bruce is a boyhood Newcastle fan and who else of any merit was gettable.

I get the fans don’t understandably support the owner but the fans need to get behind the players and the Manager.

On the positive side Sky are reporting that Bruce will have circa Β£90m to spend between now and the end of the transfer window.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Nine, I hope he really surprises people but his track record recently isn’t great.

It a serous come down from Rafa but no surprise with Ashley in charge

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Sean, Rafa was probably a one off for Newcastle mate they were never going to to get anyone at his level.

Also let’s not forget Rafa had been sacked from Real Madrid just 7 months prior to his Newcastle appointment so at that time both parties probably needed each other.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

I really don’t believe there’s 90 million available when a Sports Direct branch is somewhat delayed, weeks into months.

It’s a car-crash waiting to happen and the can being kicked further down albeit some time, effort, and a pay-out equating to Steve Bruce – all theoretical obviously.

Even I am starting to lose my innocence or grow older and wiser lol! Mav, prescribe those Paracetamols haha πŸ™‚

I don’t know why I’ve cared this far, but mainly down to noticing journey-man and Mike Ashley, which equates to a Beautiful Couple!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Nil, Sky are reporting Β£60m plus sales which already tops Β£30m. Time will be the judge.

Personally I think they will probably need all of that and if that’s what’s spent it might help to encourage the fan base a bit.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

“Finally, Newcastle United appear to be making progress.

The Magpies appointed Steve Bruce as Rafael Benitez’s successor at St James’s Park today – and Bruce’s first signing might be on the way.

According to Kicker, Hoffenheim hitman Joelinton is speaking to Newcastle about a club-record Β£36 million transfer to Tyneside.

And if and when it happens, it’s such a slap in the face for Benitez.” HITC

?????

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Nine, not a fan mate, but wouldn’t wish ill and Best Wishes to the Magpies.

I can only think reference to Rafa, he or something was already planned and good luck to the bloke.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

“Whatever happened to the club being sold to the sheik??”

I think this has been a tactic to try and get the fans and even Rafa to stick with his BS.

“Not sure what Newcastle fans expect given where they are as a Club on all fronts. “~

To not have their club asset stripped. They punched way above their weight in getting Rafa in the first place. To have him backed is reasonable to expect.

“On the positive side Sky are reporting that Bruce will have circa Β£90m to spend between now and the end of the transfer window.”

They won’t have Β£90m to spend. I don’t care who is reporting it. They will be getting relegated though, 100%.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

“Rafa had been sacked from Real Madrid just 7 months prior to his Newcastle appointment so at that time both parties probably needed each other.”

Real habitually sack managers. I don’t think it had much of an effect on Rafa’s hire-ability.

I’m really not sure why Sky are reporting Β£60m + sales. The guy wouldn’t back Rafa, so he’s gonna let him leave and then back the shit out of the next guy? Such obvious nonsense.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Why does anyone in their right mind pledge to SKY or love in with SKY? All media are corrupted. Nobody had faith in any system. Rumours just sting you. There’s nothing but emptiness.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Seriously Nil what are you talking about. I have no love in with Sky I pay my money every month and it’s no small subscription and when I have the opportunity watch what they provide this week it’s the British Open which despite the cost of Sky is very well covered as are all the major sports Sky cover but I hate how much it costs me!

Sky Sports News reported the Β£90m to spend Β£60m plus sales but they weren’t the only ones. As I said previously time will tell!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Mak, my comment of β€œNot sure what Newcastle fans expect given where they are as a Club on all fronts. β€œ was in relation to the appointment of Steve Bruce I would have thought what followed the above of “Bruce is a boyhood Newcastle fan and who else of any merit was gettable.” made that obvious.

I completely agree that the Newcastle fans have been badly treated by Ashley during his tenure hence my “I get the fans don’t understandably support the owner”

As for Rafa I wasn’t undermining him I’m on record on here just a few weeks ago saying I would be happy to have seen him back at Chelsea but the fact is mate he chose to go to Newcastle and manage under Ashley whose reputation was well known and if there were plenty of other opportunities available at the time at other more significant Clubs with a more supportive owner would he have done that? Particularly when Newcastle looked likely to be relegated.Which is why I said “at that time both parties probably needed each other.”

As I said to you previously maybe things some times get misinterpreted. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

A ps in respect of the title of the thread if Ashley doesn’t give Bruce the best chance of being successful by providing the alleged Β£60m transfer budget plus sales currently circa Β£30m then there’s every chance Newcastle will be relegated and it will be Ashley’s own fault.

Would I be happy with any of it if I was a Newcastle fan? Nope!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Why do you think nine, a general comment on Sky is directed at you? ?

I just don’t hold onto them as being ‘the ultimate reliable source’.

Relax a bit mate β˜•???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Tugay is God
                                          Participant

I agree with Nil on this. “Sky Sources” seem to be idiots reading twitter rumours!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.