Home Community Liverpool Achilles Heel: Not being able to hold onto the lead and letting in goals RAPID!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

This genuinely is our Achilles Heel. I can accept defeat, but the mannerism like letting in 3 goals quickly against Palace, Bournemouth and now Arsenal before you can get a word in edgeways is hurtful.

It’s damaging honestly – bulldozed. We were lucky to get a 3rd goal tonight being the equalizer and thank goodness.

I hate purely the fact of being reminded and people sticking and rubbing their noses in when we’re already in suffering as it as at the hands of certain opposition clubs. I don’t like it at all.

When we want and champion for somebody like Van Dijk, people just pour cold water like we’re not capable of signing somebody of that quality. That’s why I want dearly change in ownership of those than can REALLY MATCH OUR EXPECTATIONS ON THE PITCH. Their in lies the problem in being held back and not being able to fully repair our shortfalls.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

You need to stop with the whole “divine right” nonsense my cyber chum! The simple matter is your manager can’t build a defense and blaming the owners for not allowing him to spend another 200m or whatever on it doesn’t hide that fact.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Nil, you need to take the Ed’s advice on the other thread mate all these explosions after a set back are silly and it’s not like Liverpool are the only team to suffer a set back all teams have them and there are circa 90 club’s worse off than Liverpool.

Perhaps you should follow your advice re Managers not talking directly after the game and hold your post match comments to the next day.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

9, I used to be like NB, if my team lost it used to get to me, sometimes it would keep me awake, or ruin the weekend. Then I started coaching kids, they went out and put everything into their game, sometimes they won, sometimes they lost, initially they were down, but they bounced back so quick, coaching is a two way street, I learnt from them, and think I’m a better person for it, and I enjoy my football more.

Come on NB, cheer up mate…..Pagan

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Pagan.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Pagan, glad there’s somebody out there. I’m sick and tired of it.

How would you like it if you’re at the point of winning convincingly only for it to be SNATCHED AWAY from you in one blink?

FSG no good and they are the ones allowing Mignolet to remain with us. If they were proper owners who wanted trophies, they would done something straight away.

Thank you once again. At least we didn’t lose and just try now to enjoy the festivities.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Nike19.
              • This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Pagan
              Participant

NB, there’s people round you, they pick up on your moods, it’s not fair on them mate.

I see managers of kids teams in moods and you can see how they talk to there kids when they lose, it’s not good watching.

Then I see others who are the total opposite, those kids love their manager, and that’s inspirational.

Think about those round you NB, be inspirational, you may find you enjoy life and footy just that little bit more

Take care buddy….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

I think Klopp has been found out. Tactically naieve. It’s not really FSGs fault.

Nil sometimes you sound like a whinging woman. Just imagine that LPool were relegated twice!!! What would you do then? Grow a pair pal!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Nil, hate to break it to you pal, Pool didn’t set the record for being the first team in the history of the game to snatch a draw from the mouth of victory, it’s football, it happens to us all.

Peggy, loved your post at 10:40… respect!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

Thank you Chuckles …..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Nil as mentioned on here and on many previous threads, you need to get over this divine right thing you have. Liverpool used to be the best, now they aren’t, about time you caught up with the rest of the world and realised that. Also the only person to blame for Liverpool not signing Van Dijk is Klopp. He got caught tapping him up and Liverpool had to pull out the deal or risk a transfer ban.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

I think Jim has hit the nail on the head re Klopp his football philosophy is based almost entirely on the offensive side of the game and the way Liverpool play very much reflects the way Dortmund played.

Tbh Chelsea aside City and Liverpool are the teams I currently enjoy watching the most and in fairness to Liverpool offensively when they are on their game they are a joy to watch but you know as do the opposition that Liverpool have a soft centre and a dodgy keeper and even when they are 2 or 3 nil up they are always potentially going to give that lead away.

Obviously signing better defensive players will help as will signing a reliable keeper and a defensive midfield player and Keita will be a help in that but he is not a defensive midfield player which is just one of the players that Liverpool really need.

I think the owners will give Klopp next season but he’s already more than two years into his tenure and he is still to go even close to solving Liverpool’s defensive frailties which is partly a Coaching/ philosophy issue and partly a recruitment issue and currently Klopp looks like a Coach who either doesn’t want to or lacks the Coaching wherewithal to Coach the defensive side of the gsme.

It’s far too easy to blame FSG imo especially as Klopp has spent the best part of Β£100m on attacking players in circa the past 12 months.

Did Klopp really need to spend over Β£30m on Ox when he needed a Keeper, defenders and a defensive midfield player?

Unless Klopp solves the defensive frailties and eases back a tad on his offensive philodophy he’s probably living on borrowed time at Liverpool and wont go past the end of next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Big Jim
                          Participant

Paxton, obviously no one has a devine right to win football games. It doesn’t matter whether you are the best or not. Games like last night and Bristol vs United and the unpredictability of football makes it so bloody good to watch. That said i will be massively dissapointed if we dont beat Bournemouth today ? Cheers Jim.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.