Home Community General Football A possible key transfer this Summer

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

I actually saw this late last night; it’s reported Liverpool could come in for Toby Alderweireld as Spurs have placed a 44m price tag.

Although United and Chelsea will try and price out Liverpool on wages, my gut thought was the perfect potential pairing with Van Dijk.

I honestly believe from an LFC point of depending on consolidation of this season’s progress, we can pull this one off and would be a massive step forward in really bolstering our defence.

Adding too this, Marco Reus has rumoured to be wanting to join us. If we could enlist a couple of top buys to add to Naby Kieta, I believe we wouldn’t be too far on par with Man City.

A certain Ian Wright recommends for Alderweireld to join us.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Lot of club’s will be in for Alderwierald Inc top European club’s but I wouldn’t rule anybody out. City will invest heavily again in the Summer and squad wise they are already head and shoulders above anyone else.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

PSG… done and dusted… and a bit more than 44 too… and if Pool were dumb enough to pay 75 for Rip Van Winkle (and they were!)… have you lot not heard of Mr. Levy?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Not sure what you mean Chucky on Mr Levy. Are you suggesting he deliberately won’t sell to a rival club in the Prem?

Of course, if a certain Fantasy Football club want to price everyone else out by wages, then I’d expect none the less and I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

Only our regulatory bodies can’t see past the pound signs and are too weak.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

I think Chucky is probably right Levy is notoriously difficult to do business with and he probably won’t sell TA to a PL rival. Can see him going to a top European club though before the Β£25m clause kicks in and Spurs may yet bend on the new contract offer anyway.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Didnt Levy once offer 250 quid for the lesser chuckle brother on the last day of the transfer window. Lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

nil – i 100% guarantee you alderweireld wont be at liverpool next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  D1rtyH4rry
                  Participant

Due to his age I can’t see Klopp making the move, regardless of whether Levy would sell to us or not. He’s a great CB, but already the finished article, and given Klopp’s penchant for wanting to improve and develop players, I seriously doubt he would make a move for him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Dirty Harry,

looking at it that way, you might be right. Personally, 29 isn’t really any age to be put off by as Toby could quite easily deliver 5 years at top level, but perhaps for the amount of money potentially invested in both fees and wages, that might be a tag high on the risk factor.

It would be nice to acquire somebody of top quality to shoe-horn with Van Dijk with Matip and Lovren being back up players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

just to clear up the “clause”…. that only comes into effect in Summer 19 IF Spuds activate the extra year taking him through Summer 2020. Right now, there is now clause…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        D1rtyH4rry
                        Participant

I agree NB, sometimes you do need to buy players who will fit straight into the starting line up, I just think at 29, and for the money reported, Klopp won’t see it as an attractive option, and neither will our owners I don’t think. I am confident we will go into next season with a stronger squad than we have now, I’m very interested to see who we go for, as we are linked with everyone these days. Keeping Salah, and replacing Can remain the priorities for me. If we can sign a worldie keeper, and a top CB as well, that would be a magical summer for us IMO.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          D1rtyH4rry
                          Participant

I agree NB, sometimes you do need to buy players who will fit straight into the starting line up, I just think at 29, and for the money reported, Klopp won’t see it as an attractive option, and neither will our owners I don’t think. I am confident we will go into next season with a stronger squad than we have now, I’m very interested to see who we go for, as we are linked with everyone these days. Keeping Salah, and replacing Can remain the priorities for me. If we can sign a worldie keeper, and a top CB as well, that would be a magical summer for us IMO.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

“Are you suggesting he deliberately won’t sell to a rival club in the Prem?” Teams do this all the time. We are direct rivals with Spurs, it would only make sense for them to not sell to us.

As for Reus, where would we play him? Any talk of him joining us is nonsense. Unless we’re in for a major shock in what sales we do ourselves.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Reus according to this article gave a ‘come and get me plea’.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/excitement-grows-marco-reus-come-14341984

I think it’s always worth considering alternatives as it would be a big ask for our front 3 to start EVERY game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

As for this theory in rival clubs, I don’t fully buy into it and certainly wouldn’t fully buy what’s written on here. It’s opinion, not something from the horses mouth.

How many times has Wenger for example allowed his players to join a rival club?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

And that would make Arsenal’s Arsne a bit of a plonker, cyber chum, off course any club in their right mind isn’t going to strengthen their rivals.

Anyway, PSG owe us for taking Weirdy Beardy off their hands. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

On a slightly different note, I reckon Pool are getting very close, if not there already, to having a similar problem to Spuds in getting players. Like Spuds, their 1st 11 is looking very strong, so they need either steller players (and the cash that goes with it!) to improve that, or players who might be 2nd choice to start with and are willing to battle for a regular starting birth.

Be very interesting to see if Rues moves to Pool because if he does, some seriously good players are going to see their game time restricted between them!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Whoever signs Reus if he does leave Dortmund would be taking a massive risk given his injury record the last one keeping him out for 8 months.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

I’ll try and be a little more careful the next time I feel optimistic about something.

After all, it’s a forum and nobody really wants to pat people’s backs do they?! Far too strenuous.

Good call Chucky mate, at least one of us looks on the brighter side of life.
                                          Cheers

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Should we discount Reus injury record and the fact that he’s just recently returned from 8 months out then Nil. Is it not a factor in any possible transfers? I think you will find that most Managers think it is!

If ayone can sign him for a low fee on a play and pay basis it would probably be a good deal. Look at Sturridge’s injury record over the last two years similar circumstances.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.