Share this page

Home Community General Football Game Week 6 – Demolition Derbies… Reply To: Game Week 6 – Demolition Derbies…

Chucky McChuckface
Participant

I think the biggest problem is everybody is assuming VAR will suddenly make everything black and white, and with certain things it will certainly make them a lot clearer (off-sides, in/out the box, etc…) but when it comes down to whether certain insances are fouls or not, then there’s always going to be a grey area. VAR wil be enable to determine whether contact was made, but how on earth is a machine (and the ref for that matter!) ever going to detect whether it was a foul or not…

I haven’t actually seen the Mendy incident so I’m not in a position to judge one way or the other, but Tommy Tickle has come out and said it was the correct call, Moyes said it wasn’t (and most of you are suggesting it was “soft” at best, and despite most of you being mental and supporting stupid teams, you lot do sometimes know what you’re talking about! 🙂 ) But in VAR land, contact was made, so is Tommy Tickle wrong in suggesting it was the right decision in the end? Or is Tommy Tickle just defending his team no matter what and making himslef look a prat in the process?

Oh, and yes, Cuti should have been pulled up for the hair-tug… no defending that for one second.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner