Home Community General Football Game Week 6 – Demolition Derbies…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Fixtures coming think and fast now…

Mersey Deby to kick things off, and hopefully a proper derby with people being kicked off the park is on the cards! Hard to see past a Toffeemen loss, they just don’t have the quality, but they do have the home crowd behind them…

Two London derbies after that, one not too important, the other very important… will Spuds get back to their winning ways and perhaps chase down the Goonies in the “Race 4 2nd Place!”? (Although I do suspect the other to be a draw).

And the “Battle of Yesteryear”, with to former top teams, to round out the weekend, both teams with a point to prove… can the Goonies be taken seriously once again, or has Erik Twelve Weeks stumbled onto a winning formula?

Not a bad weekend of games, if I’m honest!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Wicked πŸ™‚

Now I’m finally into the groove of this; games on regularly inc Champions League. Test to be the fittest. My slight bug bear is that they need to slow the game down a little bit than play basketball; that’s not what I signed up for! ‘High press’ this, high press that; cut out these fashionable words!

Yeah, we need to win out against those dirty sods. No Richarlison for them hahaha. They will still try and make life difficult for us no doubt, but with it being at Goodison, they will try and take the game to us and give us a rude awakening, so we better be on it like a car bonnet.

Possibly the final nail in the coffin for our Stevie. A common denominator noticeably is these teams taking the lead in recent times vividly against Manchester City can’t protect it and see out 90 mins; Palace, West Ham, Villa last season. They need belief and really tough it out, otherwise these goals scored will just be in vain and it’ll be boring every season with the same team winning it.

Acid test maybe for Arsenal, but they win at Old Trafford and boy that is Stella with 6 straight wins.

All to play for Beejay, all to play for πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Well, hopefully all 3 points today. That’s all that matters. Can’t do anything about the other teams, but we must take care of our own. Nunez is back from suspension, but the smartest move I believe is to leave him on the bench and stick with the 3 we’ve been playing. Generally I see an unchanged line up, as only Jota is back from injury as Tiago’s been pushed back. No easy ride here, so we’ll have to tough it out.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Anybody bother with pre-match Manager conferences/etc? I personally think it’s time lost and could be spent better hahaha πŸ™‚

Bte, Lynsey hipgrave looks tiny πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

They can dish it out but can’t take it back. I knew it would be scrappy. Plus, their first 11 has improved a lot.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Gordon’s lucky to be on the pitch the rate he’s going.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

This is such a poor Everton side and Everton never turn up against Liverpool. Difficult to see how Everton take anything from this today. Another nail in Lampard’s coffin.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

This really is dangerous to the health of our players. Time Taylor handed out cards. It’s ridiculous and our list is already long!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Not quite up to “Battle of the Bridge” standard, more like a “TIckle on Tyneside”, and apart from the double bubble gainst the woodwork in the 42nd minute, Toffee’s look more like scoring than the other team. Fatty has to be the happier of the two managers at HT, that’s for sure!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Dirty sods. Unfortunate not to be a goal up. Brilliant efforts by Darwin and Diaz, so unlucky.

I must praise Trent for his awareness and responsibility today; this is what I expect from him. Well done too to Kostas; good lad. Everton have lots of new established players so Lampard can’t complain about transfers. Their approach is dirty, bigtime.

I think Carvalho could be the next casualty.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

What on earth was Nunez doing here?! πŸ˜†

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

The Pickford Show!

We should be 1 nil up by now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Rover
                            Participant

Everton have been so unlucky today, even if they go on to lose I expect them to be comfortably safe come end of season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Mikus LFC
                              Participant

Yes, thoughts that Lampard would be sacked early were unfounded. The fans really behind him after last seasons escapades.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Well, I actually feel quite upbeat given the context. A Lifeline from VAR, and I felt we eventually grew into that second half in spite of Everton’s own attacking play and chances.

Pickford has made that about himself and probably deserves MOTM, but Alisson equally is our hero.

I actually feel proud of our guys and Salah almost won it at death, but always a big ask to hope for that that of luck, 2 games in succession.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

I was quite surprised and eyebrow raised Mikus in the number of new signings for Everton that Lampard has been allowed. Established players.

This is the thing though; teams raise their game against us, then revert to type.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Fully expected a tough horrible game. No problem with the draw. Our passing was poor but few more players back.

Everton are a lot better at the bsck now with coady and tarowski. Tough tough game so I’ll take the draw.

All about finishing in the top 4 this season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Blaze
                                      Participant

Excellent game and a fair result considering the strength of the 2 teams.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

I found that quite boring if I’m go best tho a great point for Everton

People keep saying pool are title challengers snd indeed city’s only competition but you’d have to say they are a shadow of the previous years team

I’m not writing them off but I certainly don’t think they will hit the heights of the last few years

Everton will stay up which is all they need to do

Tubby is impressing also

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

We won’t be challenging this year Stevo. All about top 4. City will walk the league

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 171 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.