Home Community General Football Womens World Cup

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TheBricklayersArmsN17 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    steveosnakeeye
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant
    42 pts

Anyone been watching any of this or have any interest at all?

any views on a team beating another 13-0?!

#42381 Score: 0
    Hightown hope
    Hightown hope
    Participant
    151 pts

I watched the england-Scotland game on Sunday, Steveo, and if you accept that it is a very different game from men’s football, it was pretty good to watch. It was competitive, and there were some moments of good skill. The problem comes when you compare it to men’s football which is obviously much faster and more physical, but yeah, I will probably try and watch the england games.

As for the 13-0 last night, it was unfortunate and obviously does the women’s game no favours a result like that, but what can you do? You don’t want to have a World Cup just for the elite teams, but the physicality, speed and skill of the Americans just swamped the Thais unfortunately.

#42383 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    331 pts

I see the Yanks are getting a bit of grief for what many considered somewhat over the top celebrations during their 13-0 win…

But other than that, have absolutely no interest at all…

#42387 Score: 0
    steveosnakeeye
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant
    42 pts

there have been some good games and some very poor games, the gulf in quality for top teams to the rest is far more vast than even the mens game with the likes of San Marino!

i catch the odd game here and there, some of the football is good and other times ilaugh out loud as i see errors or poor ball control you expect to see in sunday league with players thropwing up on the side of the pitch 🙂

#42393 Score: 0

Oz
    Participant
    42 pts

One positive is there is nowhere near the amount of diving as in the men’s game.

#42394 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    331 pts

That’s even worse, women who don’t go down easy?? Who wants that??? 🙂

(And, yes, unbelievably sexist, but can’t pass up that opportunity for a joke!)

#42395 Score: 0

Oz
    Participant
    42 pts

Go down easy, I’ve no idea what your talking about chuckster ( yes I’ve been married for a long time).

#42751 Score: 0

TheBricklayersArmsN17
    Participant
    50 pts

Anyone watching the Germany vs Nigeria game ?? If that’s what’s coming in the EPL next season god help us all, 2 insane VAR decisions…………

#42752 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    331 pts

Sorry, buddy, women’s footy with Finnish commentary?!?! Not with “Forged In Fire” on the other channel… 🙂

#42755 Score: 0

TheBricklayersArmsN17
    Participant
    50 pts

Hi Chucky, I saw that once and was mighty impressed by the skills the Bladesmiths have.

#42758 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    331 pts

Tonight’s episode (adverts are on!) is a Champions of Champions thing… the best of the best…

#42759 Score: 0

TheBricklayersArmsN17
    Participant
    50 pts

Going back to the Womans World Cup after watching for 2 or 3 minutes, it’s just good football, you don’t think about who’s playing ,but I do get the Finnish commentary .

#42760 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    331 pts

Getting far too hooked on this show, even the Misses (who’s been after a bigger gaff for years now) is trying the “well, if we get something in the country” and “look, this one has a shed that could be a forge” e-mail links… I think I’m moving house soon… 🙂

(It used to be “well, if we get something in the country” and “look, your own office/library!”)

#42761 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    331 pts

Maybe I’ll catch a bit later…

So, what was “wrong” about the VAR?

#42762 Score: 0

TheBricklayersArmsN17
    Participant
    50 pts

Chucks check the first German goal ridiculous, then the Nigerian miskicked but made slight contact on the ball and carried through and kicked the German, penalty …………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.