Home Community Man City Withdrawals

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

I note that Sterling and Delph have withdrawn from England friendly squad, I wish Stones would join them…we need him fit and ready for next game. I wish they would ban “friendly matches” once the season is underway

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      paul powers tash
      Participant

A few of the Spuds players have also withdrawn.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

Delph is understandable as he got injured in the Arsenal game. Not sure about Sterling. Perhaps he thought bollox to the FA after the complete lack of support they have shown him in the last couple of days since the disgraceful comments by Wenger. He was also dropped by Southgate in the summer and gets pilloried by many England fans neutrals and pundits since he left Liverpool. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if he retired from internationals. Who would blame him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Can’t stand these pointless friendlies… a waste of time for everybody!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

I don’t think it makes sense for England to go into a World Cup without playing games leading up to the tournament and it’s not as if England are the only international team in the World to be playing friendlies this week all international teams are doing it.

Football has to be broader than just the clubs we support imho.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Reckon we’re gonna have to agree to disagree on this one Goldie! Have a couple of kick-abouts in the weeks leading up to the Finals, sure, that makes sense, but now? Nothing to gain, mate. How many bums likely to be in the plane have already pulled out? What’s the point in calling up players like Cork, who are highly unlikely to go to Russia next year?

Sorry cyber chum, it’s all about filling the FA coffers and nothing else (note the request from Nike to play in the away kit so they can sell some more!). I just hope the boys, from all clubs, come home without any injuries. Won’t be watching (unless I really have absolutely nothing else to do which is highly unlikely), and won’t pass more than a glance to any reports from the games. They can have my full attention/support when it actually matters.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

I agree Nine but I think a lot more of the club fans would be more sympathetic if England actually performed well on a regular basis. But it’s the same old story every time and as much as Gareth Southgate is a lovely chap and it’s relatively early days in his tenure, I just don’t see us doing very much under him. He completely lacks any charisma, which in my opinion is an absolute necessity for the England job because the players need a figure they can warm to if the going gets tough, and he needs to galvanize spirit into the team. So to most club fans, the quicker this charade is over, the better.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Dunno if I would agree to that Mikus, be it Engerland or Spuds, I’m an optimistic chap and fully believe my team is going to win when I sit down in front of the telly with a pot of tea and a bag of Monster Munch (Pickled Onion Flavor)….when the games actually count for something. These “friendlies” are just glorified training sessions poorly disguised as cash cows.

Although I do agree Southgate has the charisma of a smoked haddock. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Mikus LFC
                    Participant

If I could see evidence of a ‘sea change’ under Southgate, I’d be more optimistic. Granted we’ve got some better players coming through now, we will still have a glass ceiling under him imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Mikus, I don’t think too many would have voted for Southgate to be England Manager but the FA put the constraint on and England Manager having to be English and we sacked Roy and By Sam so Southgate was almost last man standing.

I thought the last squad Southgate named was exciting and it’s a shame it’s been decimated by injuries but t will give Southgate a chance to look at options and a few weeks back when Winks was struggling to start from Spurs who would have named him as one of the Squad for Russia.

Sadly everyone has a bit of a jaundiced view of England now bought about by years of disappointments and the CL has been all consuming for the fans of the top 5/6 PL teams.

I truly hope that Southgate finds a few between now and the Summer and the England team put up a bit of a performance in Russia and don’t drop out in the Group stages but I’m not holding my breath.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Blaze
                        Participant

I find all these international friendlies a real bore as there is nothing in the games and virtually no-one turns up to view these games unlike whole crowds that do turn up for EPL games. Its actually a wasted weekend that makes your Mondays even more moody.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Blaze.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Blaze
                          Participant

I watch Citys games but for me they can do better without Sterling. He weakens the side even though his a decent player.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Blaze.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Big Jim
                            Participant

Sorry blaze but I have to disagree. Can I ask what is your reasoning behind that statement? Cheers Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Adlab
                              Participant

Look what happened to Kompany’s latest injury. On international duty, out for 2 months.
                                Clubs just dont want to take the risk.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Adlab
                                Participant

Sterling has been a top player this season. Opponents are scared stiff

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  paul powers tash
                                  Participant

I’m with Jim on this one Blaze.The simple reason
                                    is a dearth in quality for the national side.

I reckon the City team (or any of the top 6) would
                                    easily beat the national side.England just haven’t
                                    got any quality midfielders? Things must be bad when
                                    pundits are calling for Jack Wheelchair to be recalled:-)

We’ve got the likes of KDB Silva (x2) Gundogan playing
                                    through balls for him.Who sees a pass in the England midfield ?

Granted.Sterling’s finishing has been very poor for the last few years.
                                    But it’s got better this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Rob Tab
                                    Participant

actually I also think Sterling is not right up there compared to the other City players even though as stated he is good enough for any other EPL team-true he has scored a few recently but he also misses too many reasonable opportunities though his not alone in this

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Adlab
                                      Participant

Rob. Nobody can score every chance. The problem would be if you are not in a postion to score or miss. If you are you will score ….if that makes sense!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Brian blue
                                        Participant

I am always frustrated with Sterling but I cannot fault his work rate, tackling and not afraid to get stuck in. He is let down by decision makeing which ultimately affects his footwork. The other point is opposing teams have to plan for him knowing he is capable. I just hope he will mature a little quicker after all, he has some really good experience behind him now for his age but I do not want him to end up like Walcott

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Big Jim
                                          Participant

I know last Sunday wasn’t his best game, but I think Sterling has improved lots this season Brian.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Big Jim.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.