Home Community General Football Weekend Football – Gameweek 24

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

It’s all happening.

Saturday is the ‘main’ day.

I see Newcastle struggling with injuries where as with us, we’re starting to get players back. With that triumph on Monday Night, this could be right time for us to visit St James’ Park and register an unlikely away victory.

Big Big Game at the City Ground. One not to be missed 3pm πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

2 weeks ago, I couldn’t wait for our next game, now I’m dreading them… at least it’s Sunday evening so my weekend won’t be ruined until the end of it…

Spam Boys always up thier game, a Cup Final for them, and we’ve got a miss-firing forward line, a weakened midfield, and a defence with more wobbles than my Granny’s trifle…. need the win, badly, to maintain our stumble towards the Top4… but suspect I’ll be turning it off long before the 90 is up!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

At least my mighty Wrexham’s are away to Aldershot… fancy our chances their! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Wrexham only drew Tuesday babjo chum. 5 points behind with two games in hand. Big one be notts county at home in April

As for Liverpool, if we start slow we are screwed. No idea how we will get on

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Our destiny is on our hands!! πŸ™‚

Considering the form of both Pool and The Bone Saw Boyz, if I was ever going to bet on a 0-0 this would be the game I’d choose…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Chucks, I am praying for your boys you find prospective good buyers. Lots about the Glazers, even as a non-Spurs fan, I’d much rather Levy sells up and cuts his ties once and for all.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Can we just have players actually fit and be able to see them play from all clubs. Far too many injuries these days.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

I’d disagree Nil, I don’t think he’s been that bad… possibly the biggest “mistake” his made was that summer of 17/18 when he didn’t let Poncho buy anybody of note.. we could have really pushed on from there, but we had that unfortunate problem of having a pretty dam good 1st 11, we would have needed a 80/100 million pound sort of player to improve that starting 11…

Then Walker buggered off, Rose did a Dele before Dele did a Dele, Moose went to China, and Jan/Toby’s legs went…

But he also wrote the cheaques for N-Dumb, Lo Cecil, Reggie and about 15 other players since then… it was the various managers who wanted them (Poncho/Maureen/Conte!)…

Not saying he’s brilliant (Levy!) but, without trying to start a fight, we don’t have bottomless pockets…

We’ve got probably the best training ground and stadium in the country, still have a few very decent players… we’re just in just about the most competitive league of all time… can anybody else remember a league, even across Europe, that was as competitive as the current Prem??

If it was 1943 we’d be winning everything in sight! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Luckydestiny
                    Participant

I don’t think he been that bad either banjo, he is allergic to trophies but runs a tight and steady ship.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Big big need for utd. I wonder what Gary Neville’s thoughts are on the Qatari bid ad he was going on about morals wtc before the wc.Jim ratckiffe I’ve no doubt be the fans chouce but would be the right choice?

Will ratcliffes take over include what the Qatari lads have offered, refurb of the area and ground etc

For utd very exciting times. Finally rid of the glaziers and playing sone great stuff at the minute. I don’t think it makes any difference to transfers as utd can still attract t big names without cl football and have spent millions even under the glaziers

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Joe Lewis is the majority shareholder at Spurs by a long way whilst Daniel Levy although Chairman and responsible for the day to running of the Club is only a minority shareholder. Being the majority shareholder selling the Club would need Lewis to agree.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

I don’t think the Ratcliffe bid for United will be successful as he’s likely to be out bid but he’s seemingly the choice of most United fans and imo would be best fit.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Yeah too early to say Sean. Good article here from the Athletic. According to this, the bid is independent of the Qatari state which, if true, is good news. I don’t want to be state owned. I don’t think we can simply turn our noses up at people simply because of their country of origin. Being part of a questionable state is what I want to avoid and there’s not yet any evidence that is the case with that bid, albeit I remain sceptical. The fanbase is really divided, as I expected, with a large portion speaking out against it. Utd don’t need state ownership. They just need owners who don’t take a billion out of the club.

https://theathletic.com/4220360/2023/02/17/manchester-united-qatar-sheik-jassim-bid-explained?source=user-shared-article

It’s also a misleading point to say the Glazers have spent as much as others. They have spent a lot on transfers but off the field, things have been left to rot and the club is not the appealing destination it once was for players. We don’t have as good facilities as Spurs, City, Liverpool. Nor do we have the kind of set up the likes of Liverpool have with their transfer committee. So we’ve just been throwing money aimlessly at transfers with no real vision.

We’re also absolutely skint now. Look at this January. Who else of the top clubs is going and loaning players from Burnley? Would never happen. A lot is made of the summer business but that was forced due to bad business decisions meaning we lost the likes of Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Matic all in one go. Hererra not long before that. A proper club sells them at the right time. We’ve lacked that business sense for a long time. That’s the reason our net spend is so much higher than others around us. We are terrible at selling players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

Sorry Ed I totally understand the glaziers took money out of the club constantly and we’re letting it rot. Horrible owners but they did spend money on the team. Utd are one of the biggest spenders on players of the last decade

Sorry ignore ed. you covered everything in your post. Very valid points chum

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Hi nine, hope sll is good mate. Does Radcliffe’s bid rid the club of debt? Does his bid cover refurbishing old tarford etc?

He might be a utd fan but wouldn’t the best option be whoever has the most money to make the changes off the fiend that are needed? Qatar guys will not take money out of the club and clear it of all debt

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Nobody will be allowed to do a Glazer style leveraged buyout Sean (putting debt on the club) but Ratcliffe/Ineos plan to put the debt on Ineos. Whoever Utd get as a new owner, if indeed anyone, there won’t be debt on the club.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Ah ok tks Ed. Ye absolutely massive positive news for utd fans.

Why are fans divided Ed if it’s not a state? I think the ownership by Qatar guys is different as utd are already a massive club who need to get their current owners out. Utd also have spent money on players etc but will utd be tarnished with the same brush as city and Newcastle as it is oil money????

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Well it’s not clear yet whether or not is is state backed Sean and all the talk before yesterday’s deadline revolved around an incoming bid from the same fund or a connected one to the PSG owners. The people behind the bid insist it’s private wealth but people are rightly sceptical. Like Nine, I don’t think Ratcliffe can compete with the other bidders and there’s supposedly others besides the Qatari investor and Ratcliffe.

Mixed feelings right now. Utd fans have waited almost 20 years to get rid of these parasites from the club so it’s exciting on one part but you never really know what kind of owners will come in to replace them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Editor
                                        Keymaster

will utd be tarnished with the same brush as city and Newcastle as it is oil money????

We definitely will if it’s proven to be state ownership like those two and PSG and rightly so. If it’s a private investor with looser links to the state, it’s just not the same and shouldn’t be treated as such. I’m not in the business of just denouncing individuals because of where they happen to be born. Actually being a state with the human rights record some of those ME states have,though, is a different matter entirely.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

This Boy Is Immense πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 144 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.