Home Community General Football Weekend Football – Gameweek 2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 339 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Some good fixtures to look forward to this weekend.

I’d say all eyes on Man United this Saturday to see how they fair at Brentford.

This being the 5:30 kick off.

A few 3pm games, and we could be looking at a huge thrashing at the Ethiad as the Champions play Bournemouth. Nothing less than a 6-0 thumping.

I predict another straight victory for the Gunners.

Really looking forward to Chelsea-Tottenham on Sunday – First real test of this season for Conte.

Liverpool – Palace Monday night to complete the weekend and hopefully all 3 points for the Reds

C’mon!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Tricky game for United I think they’ll come out with a narrow win, A City win and Liverpool back to winning ways. Arsenal to beat Leicester, big game for Frank away to Villa, tricky game for Chelsea I would be happy with a draw.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        threeps
        Participant

Doesn’t matter who the manager is or what players they currently have there’s something about Bournemouth that tells me they will get absolutely thumped every time they play City. Maybe this season they will put up a little more resistance.

Big game on Sunday between Chelsea and Spurs. Think these two will battle it out all season for 3rd and 4th and the head to heads could be vital. Think a 1-1 draw.

If Utd don’t get a result against Brentford then the pressure will already be on with a visit of Liverpool their next game. Do feel a little sorry for ten Hag to be honest, but only a little! Seen a lot of Ragnick’s previous quotes circulating this week in a kinda he told us so way. I don’t think they will be anywhere near top 4 this season and likely nearer the bottom half in both points and final position.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Villains vs Toffees could be entertaining in a “school-yard” type of way, but would fancy Villa to win.

Saints vs Leeds… same as above really but both teams are so all over the place, wouldn’t like to even guess.

Wolves vs Fulham… Fulham were quite impressive agasint Pool, fancy to them sneak a draw.

Goonies vs Foxy Ladies… should be a home win but wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t either.

City vs Cherries… oh, cherries are being popped left, right and center πŸ™‚

Seagulls vs Bone Saw Boys… hoping for Seagulls but fancy a draw.

Bees vs YooUtd… hmm, YooUtd really need the 3 points, otherwise the knives will be out for Erik Ten Weeks, but after their display last week, will they have enough for an “up and at ’em” team playing in front of their fans? 2nd best game of the weekend in my house. Just no idea!

Forest vs Wet Spam… always had a soft spot for Forest, but think Wet Spam have too much for them.

WLF vs Spuds… our record is bloody awful at the Bridge, and not a game I ever look forward too. But, right now, my Spuds are the closest I’ve seen to a well oiled machine for a long time, and WLF are a bit out of sorts with a new starting 11 based on their performance last weekend. They’ve got enough to get the win, but we’ve got enough too… can’t see it being 0-0, and I think we’ll win the “shot-out” up top. Going for a ridiculous 4-2 win for Spuds!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Got so excited about the Spuds famous 4-2 victory I forgot LiVARberoOol vs Eagles… πŸ™‚

Should be a home win, shouldn’t it?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Can’t see the Chelsea game being that entertaining but will be a huge tactical battle. Two conservative managers who are so strong defensively

Think Chelsea will edge it

Utd will beat Brentford

City will batter Bournemouth

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                steveosnakeeye
                Participant

Arsenal will batter foxes
                  United to lose
                  Spuds Chelsea bore draw
                  Win for city and pool

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Goonies couldn’t batter a pice of Cod…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    steveosnakeeye
                    Participant

We can even batter a Mars bar
                      You’re running scared after the bestest window you have had ever because you know it’s not nearly enough 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Bet you your battered Mars Bar we’ll be so far on top we’ll still be underneath by the end of the season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Three p’s I’m thinking the same should United drop points. It makes me wonder what was the whole point of Ralf Ragnick. He achieved nothing. Unfortunately for the red devils, it’s likely to get worse before it gets better.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Well in fairness Rolf spoke out about what is wrong with utd nil. They put forward players which the committee didn’t pursue

It’s an absolute mess at top at utd. Ten hagg really has a tough job on his hands

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Sean, actually mate you make a good point. Something evident did come out of it which was the players attitudes. It appeared as though some players thought they were bigger than others. I think Ten Hag already is trying to improve this, but he’s joined the club at the worse possible time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              threeps
                              Participant

Nil I don’t think Ralf could have achieved any more than what he did. As Sean says he put forward a list of players and they were not pursued. He rocked the boat by telling the truth but maybe Utd need a few home truths at the moment.

Ten Hag has probably the hardest job in football at the moment. Something seems very rotten at the club and when a succession of managers does not solve it you have to look higher up the command chain.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

Didn’t Moyes also ask for players that weren’t delivered? Not been right for some time now and we all saw this coming. Meanwhile the club just continues to drift.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Tugay is God
                                  Participant

Bone Saw Boys? YooUnited? Wet Spam? LiVARberoOool? Grow up. It isn’t remotely funny and is very annoying.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Agree with all 3p’s. Unfortunately at this moment in time, United need to accept where they’re at.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      steveosnakeeye
                                      Participant

Shwarzburn rovers ….😘

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

Shauny Shaun
                                          Where are you based these days?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

2 games in and the climate we now live in, I sense pressure on Lampard.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 339 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.