Home Community General Football Weekend Football – Gameweek 19

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Mid January! And boy has this month dragged.

Gameweek 19. For Fantasy Team Selections this week, the deadline is 11am Saturday.

A low key affair on Sunday hahaha πŸ™‚

Could be a turning point defining the season. It looks at the moment now to open up as a 4 Horse Race.

But as we know, things can change quite quickly

Enjoy!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Absolutely hate this fixture. That and Everton and Chelsea πŸ˜†

Can’t see Liverpool
        Suddenly clicking into gear and winning. Can’t see us winning

No matip and if Hendo plays there then it’s crazy. Utd will play on the counter and our high line is a mess at the minute without vvd. Don’t trust Williams or Philips

Very tough game and can see utd coming out of it the happier team

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Would be delighted with a draw to maintain something of a gap and keep up our unbeaten run away from home.

If Bailly keeps his place alongside Maguire, I’ll be confident of us being able to keep Liverpool out but Lindelof coming back in would be a worry as we’ll be too slow at the back.

I should fancy us but I never do when we go to Anfield. This Liverpool side are still one step too far for where we’re at right now I think.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Best time to be playing us though Ed. You guys are flying and we have been dreadful

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

That’s what I’m worried about Sean. The form table suggests we’ve every chance but these matches rarely follow form

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

I just have that sinking feeling ed

Negative Sean is creeping back πŸ˜†

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

πŸ˜‚ I’m becoming more like you Sean in that sense with each passing year

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Tbh I’m not sure United are really genuine title contenders despite their results and position but I thought that about Leicester too.😊

I think United will finish in the top 3 again but when push comes to shove I think the PL title will still be fought out between Liverpool and City who look strong defensively but currently a bit short up front. A fit Aguero providing they can keep him fit should overcome that.

Very difficult game to predict you could make a case for both a Liverpool and United win as well as the draw if you twists my arm I would go for a score draw.

United are a difficult opponent for Liverpool currently as United will sit back and try and hit United on the break with their pace and the Liverpool defence currently looks a bit vulnerable even before losing VVD.

Hopefully the game lives up to the hype. Looking forward to it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Tbh I’m not sure United are really genuine title contenders despite their results and position

Oh I agree Nine. It’s a refreshing change (in post-Ferguson times) to be up there with so many matches gone but few Utd fans feel we’re in any kind of a race. City are too strong I think for both Liverpool and Utd this season and Liverpool will surely start to find some form again.

I’ve said all along 3rd and closing the gap to City and Liverpool would be real progress for Utd and that looks very achievable. If we weren’t to get 3rd, close the gap significantly and at least get to a final then this season will be a massive failure and I’d expect Ole to go.

The nice thing about Sunday’s match for Utd is that worst-case-scenario, we lose, we would be level with Liverpool and City a point behind (with a game in hand). We’d have been delighted with that before the season got going. In that sense, it’s a much harder defeat for Liverpool to take than Utd.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Totally agree Ed. All the pressure is on Liverpool Sunday

I think utd are contenders. Playing well and they just keep winning. All their key players are fit. No injuries and they will keep pushing on in my opinion

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

United to score but Liverpool to win 3-1.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Adlab
                          Participant

A great game in prospect but do they always live up to the hype?
                            Hard to call. Maybe 1-1?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

They’re not what they used to be Ablab. No fans too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

“A great game in prospect but do they always live up to the hype?”

Very true Adlab.

A draw would be a great result for City though if they win their home game v Palace 2 points behind United with a game in hand and 1 point above Liverpool with a game in hand.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Always live up to the hype Adlab? I’d say these big games rarely live up to the hype

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Watched Jurgen’s Press Conference and very respectful and complimentary towards Manchester United. The entertainment side of it is better for the neutrals.

Lots of heartache I’ve seen out of this! And I wouldn’t want to play them every week so that in itself is a compliment πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

In all honesty after seeing Ronnie Knocked out of the Masters, I’d be struggling big with a Man U defeat. It’s been hard enough with Pep. That League was hard fought but nobody really understands seemingly and unfortunately, in living experience so far.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

Bloody ell,wtf is going on?Wasnt 2020 mental enough,now WBA wins away to Wolves.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Adlab
                                        Participant

Brighton winning at Wolves. They played well against us.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Wolves playing twice in a day?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 261 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.