Home Community General Football Weekend Football – Gameweek 13

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Gameweek Number 13. One if not the standout fixtures this weekend is Chelsea Manchester United.

Could something surprisingly be pulled off against an inform quality and a well drilled side at Stamford Bridge? No real pressure from a Managerial POV and Carrick’s opportunity to hand-pick his own first 11 so who knows. The players really need to turn up and perform to stand a chance of getting anything otherwise game over in a blink of an eye.

Should on paper in essence be wins for the current occupying Top 3, but surprising results have already taken place and this is after all, The Premier League!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

There’s always hope in your posts re Chelsea Nil.πŸ˜‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

You know things are bad at Utd when City and Liverpool fans both want us to win a game πŸ˜„

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

The only way any Club wins the PL is by winning it themselves and not by wishing and hoping every week that other teams lose.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Luckydestiny
            Participant

This is what I know for sure regards chelsea vs utd. Chelsea will completely outplay utd, we will dominate the ball, have far more time in opposition third and create more chances.

This is what I don’t know…the result πŸ˜€

For me it’s about whether we take our chances because if we don’t we know ronaldo will only need a sniff of a chance and utd cam always score a goal on the counter too.

I’m more nervy of this one than I would expect, partly because it will certainly be a different utd than city or pool faced, and partly because traditionally against utd I would take a point hut I actually expect a win so much I wouldn’t be happy with anything but 3 points on Sunday.

Chelsea have it all to lose and utd have nothing to lose so its dangerous in that regard.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Luckydestiny
              Participant

No kante or chilwell massive blows for us too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Utd nothing to lose? Chelsea lose and they’re still top. utd lose and we’re staring at increased likelihood of Europa or, even worse, the Conference League next season. That top 4 spot is seriously at risk unless we get our act together.

I fully expect a Chelsea win but there’s so much more on the line for Utd than Chelsea. Pointless going on about injuries also. Utd have Maguire, Varane, Pogba, Greenwood and maybe Shaw out. Missing way more than Chelsea and we’ve worse cover for our injuries than Chelsea have by far.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Luckydestiny
                  Participant

Yeah Ed you right about injuries, especially with squad we got.

Everyone expects a chelsea win and all would easily justify a utd loss, that’s what I meant really bud, its more about the relative expectations. Also chelsea are fighting for the title and the margins for that are tighter than for utd finishing top 4 because of the relative consistency of the teams competing for title vs the teams competing for 4th. Considering our two main competitors have 3 points against utd I would maintain we have more to lose in this particular game but concede I was wrong to suggest utd have nothing to lose.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Lukaku and Werner probably only fit enough for the bench Kovacic out, Kante out, Chilwell out, Havertz out. But it’s not about the injuries it’s how you cope with them that counts and Tuchel has proved himself pretty adept at doing that over the last few weeks.

I think Alonso will play ahead of Azpi because Azpi is not left footed and more of a defender than a Wing Back and Chelsea’s tactics are very reliant on attacking Wing Backs but it’s Tommy’s call and I’ll support whatever he decides.

I’m not sure Kante will be fit or risked I suspect Loftus Cheek will deputise for him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Luckydestiny
                      Participant

Yeah nine tuchel said on Tuesday azpi was only brought on because tuchel promised him minutes and he would have felt bad going back on his word. I fully expect alonso to start for us Sunday and every faith in him at wing back πŸ‘

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

Maguire needs to come out of the utd team so he’s no loss either is Pogba

Not sure it’s a different utd lucky mate. They were absolutely terrible for nearly an hour v villareal who should have been at least a goal or two up

Huge test for utd. Be a massive result if they even got a draw. Can’t see it though. Chelsea really are the real deal

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Luckydestiny
                          Participant

Hope you are right Sean πŸ˜€

I don’t think they will be anywhere near as open and defensively naive against us as they were vs pool bud, that was ridiculous with 3 strikers and Bruno leaving just 6 defending. There will be at least 8 or 9 behind the ball against us I am sure.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Ye fair point lucky. Couldn’t believe the space we got mate to be honest.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Whoops…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

It’s snowing.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Rover
                                  Participant

You will be surprised how many Liverpool and City fans still want Chelsea to beat United, probably for 2 reasons United could still come back and challenge for the league as its still fairly early and of course the perpetual reason United may have the most supporters but they equally have the most anti united supporters irrespective if it favours their teams should United win any particular game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    threeps
                                    Participant

I want Utd to best Chelsea. I mean I will feel dirty inside because of it but Chelsea are one of two rivals LFC have for the title so of course I want them to drop points. But if Chelsea end up spanking Utd then that will also make me happy so it’s kind of a win-win game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

At the end of the day, whatever we say here there and everywhere won’t make a jot of difference of what happens on the pitch. And nothing personal towards any particular team/s, just that they happen to be our competitors!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

A much tougher game for Chelsea than it looked a couple of weeks ago given the changes at United and the loss of Kante and Chilwell in midweek.

Personally I never worry about other teams results anyone who wants to win he PL has to do it themselves. City still look the team to finish above imo anyone who can do that will win the title no easy task though City are still the best team in the PL and probably in Europe too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          threeps
                                          Participant

It’s going to be interesting seeing how Utd get on for the rest of this season. I think the game vs Chelsea is too soon to see anything different but in the long run I am sure they will develop a different style. Ragnick is like many managers from the DACH region a coach that like the high energy pressing style.

Carragher said recently I think during the City-PSG match that the game has evolved to the point that no team can afford passengers anymore (referring to Messi, Mbappe and Neymar). When it comes to defending Utd have 3 passengers in Ronaldo, Fernandes and Pogba that till now at least have played together a lot. And if you play with a high press then even if it’s just one player not doing his job it gives the opposition the chance to beat the press.

Chelsea, City and Liverpool all have different styles of play but one thing in common is that every player works very hard.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 392 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.