Home Community General Football Weekend Football – Gameweek 12

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Yes, a new Gameweek to look forward too and 3 Points up for Grabs πŸ™‚

DEADLINE for Fantasy: 18:30 Friday – Get those Selections finalized!

There is a Friday Night Game involving Leeds – West Ham.

I’m going for a Leeds win, but the way Results have panned out this term, “anything can happen”!

For a lot of teams that played midweek, it’ll be a case of the Manager being able to prepare a first 11 to be able to perform and be their best.

Stand out game has to be the Manchester Derby – boy I am looking forward to this one πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      threeps
      Participant

The flip-flop nature of Ole’s reign at Utd, as in tactical genius one week and needs to be sacked the next, means that Utd will definitely win the Manchester derby and Ole will survive a bit longer. Absolute nailed on. This is as guaranteed as a Utd transfer once Sean has declared on this site it is happening.

If however somehow the above doesn’t happen and maybe City tonk Utd by 4 or more then Utd could well be looking for a manager on Sunday. As a Liverpool fan this game is a win-win situation really no matter what the result and I am looking forward to it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Lol threeps, I thought people had forgotten about that mate πŸ˜‚
          Strange one this , utd are dreadful at home and better away even though there are no fans? Still, I fancy utd and it gives ole another few weeks

I really don’t think utd will sack him in anyway going by Woodward’s words recently

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          threeps
          Participant

I think Ole is actually pretty good at setting up a counter attacking team and versus City he will be happy conceding possession and use the speed of his front players like he has done recently versus them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

Ole has become something of a one trick horse with this counter attacking tactic. But to quote a film, 60% of the time, it works every time. πŸ˜‚

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.
              • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

threes…I am hoping Pep has learned something from that plus our defence is better now, however this is one game that Utd should be more than up for, if not they will find it hard to maintain a challenge. I am expecting a tight game with goals, which end..I have not a clue I think City will adopt much the same style of play but with a little extra cover for Utd counter…we will see how it all works out. Personally, I hope Ole stays, there would be no guarantees with Poch but I do think he would make a better team, by how much…I do not know

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

There is no scenario where Liverpool fans lose but I am definitely going for Utd. City are a lot closer to us than they are given credit for. If Utd can take 3 points off them, it will really help us down the line.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Mak…good to see you are keeping a close watch on us!!!!! Difficult to call this one because Utd know they have to give there all plus a little more or there season begins to look uncertain. City have been improving in slow measures but we are still not up to 90 minute performances yet. Augerro our super sub maybe the key for us, he must fancy himself against Maguire

Mak…good to see you are keeping a close ete on us. !!! Utd should be more than well up for it after exit from CL, if they are not they should be at least 100% plus. I think we will continue with our measured improvement over the last few games but we are still not playing 90 minutes

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Something strangehappened to last post. I thought I had deleted first part, maybe a senior moment

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

I have had similar problems with forum over the years man, I understand. As for keeping an eye on City, that game in hand is really deceptive, it offers a false sense of security for us, Spurs and Chelsea.

I had hoped to bring KDB into my FPL team because of how he’s really starting to do well now but I just can’t do it. I kinda feel that this match might be determined by whoever has the better match between KDB and Fernandez.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

I predict 2 big score games,with Pool tonking Fulham,and United being tonked by City.4-0 and 4-1,respectively.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

There are doubts about Jota after he picked up a knock but we have a rested Mane, Salah and Firmino.

Mav you never know man but I understand your lack of faith. I don’t think I would have faith in this Utd team either, that manager or your director. Still though, you do have some good players who have a bit of fight about them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

I just cannot understand how ole and some Utd fans continue to defend pogba. I just don’t get it all. It shows ole is weak. Pogba has to know that is agent is going to make them comments or else he has to come out and sat his agent is talking rubbish. The day before a massive cl game aswell

Get him out. What’s he actually done for 86m? He wouldn’t get in the city or Liverpool teams or Chelsea or spurs maybe. Absolutely no place for a Prima Donna who wanders around.

Show some balls ole and get rid of him . It would show at least he has a bit of fight about him as pogba dragged Jose down and he’s poison around the place

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Sean, slightly in disagreement with you mate. I get where you’re coming from and he’s down to his attitude and not really being a Team player, but if Pogba was managed and coached a little better, then the Team would get more out of him, I don’t know. Maybe I’m wrong. The guy does have ability though.

But yeah, in the long run, United can’t and shouldn’t build a Team around him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Should be a Cracker tonight Sean – VAR Permitting, ha πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

No doubt he had ability mate but he doesn’t use it. Sane under jose. He’s all for himself. Has everything really to be top class

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

A draw would probably be a better result from an LFC POV, but the way this season’s been so far, the Teams are stacked tightly. Until ‘A’ team starts to put on a run of victories, nobody’s really pulling away at the moment.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Seems like more controversy again this week as far as Refereeing goes. This time at Wolves.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

I didn’t see any controversy Nil. Seemingly neither did the BBC according to their report below.

“Wolves had the better of their first home game since striker Raul Jimenez suffered a fractured skull, with Fabio Silva hitting a post midway through the second half.

Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez then denied Leander Dendoncker, before the visitors had midfielder Douglas Luiz sent off after picking up a second booking late on.

But Nelson Semedo brought down John McGinn in injury-time, handing El Ghazi the chance to sidefoot home his first goal since January from the spot.

There was still time for the hosts to have midfielder Joao Moutinho dismissed for a second yellow card as Villa clinched their second win in six games, climbing back above their local rivals to eighth in the table.

With Jimenez set for a lengthy absence, Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo gave a first Premier League start to 18-year-old striker Silva, their club record Β£35.6m summer signing from Porto.

Villa also gave a teenager his first start in England’s top flight – 19-year-old midfielder Jacob Ramsey – but with no fans present, this was hardly the baptism of fire you might expect from a regular West Midlands derby.”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Adlab
                                          Participant

Been watching some of the games so far today. You know what. I am totally fed up withplayers from all teams falling over or should I say diving attempting to con the officials. We are no different. I just hate it its cheating. VAR has made it worse with all the hairline decisions etc. Almost every game is spoilt imo by this.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 167 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.