Home Community General Football Weekend 29 Footy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

A very much comprehensive programme from Saturday beginning with the London Derby between Tottenham and Arsenal.

The gap is narrowing between Spurs and the 3 beneath in Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea, so they need to get back to winning ways. The Gunners are a bit of a hit-n-miss, and much depending on which Arsenal shows up.

Man City away to Bournemouth too on Saturday and they can leapfrog Liverpool – be a big ask to see anything but a City win.

Can’t see anything but a routine 3 points for United at Old Trafford.

Liverpool back to winning ways, but a Merseyside Derby on Sunday which by no means is a walk-in-the-park, and we will have to ensure we played like we did midweek to get over the finishing line.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Some good games this weekend the North London Derby looks a difficult one to call but I have a feeling that Spurs will get back to winning ways.

Comfortable 3 points for United, Bournemouth play open and I think will get picked of by City , Chelsea have looked a bit more resolute in their last two games but new Manger bounce isn’t helpful, Everton away followed by Bayern away are two tricky away games for Liverpool those two games could potentially take something out of them going forwards as they will probably need to go full strength in both if they do I think they will win both games with the Bayern game probably the toughest.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Nine I think arsenal haven’t moved on since wenger. It’s the exact same in my opinion. Ozil etc turn up at home. Arsenal away are dreadful. No balls for a fight unless it’s at home

Emery needs time but absolutely nothing had changed for me

Rather beat Everton then Munich. If we go out of the cl , I wouldn’t be to upset

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

I thought Liverpool
            Don’t play Munich until after the Burnley game? I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s next week

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Sean, my mistake mate you’re right much more comfortable for Liverpool. Bayern after Everton would have been a challenge.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Yeah, Bayern game thankfully is a couple of Weeks away. Burnley game next Sunday. Hopefully now we can build momentum.

Weirdly for all the ‘bad press’ we received we went unbeaten throughout February πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

I think utd are in pole position for 4th. Very good sway form home and just keep winning

I’d certainly rule arsenal out.

Chelsea just need to lick up their seay form a bit

Very interesting cl race but I have to say , I thought ogs would give utd a lift but he’s gone way beyond my expectations and top 4 for utd be excellent considering we’re they were when Jose left

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

I agree Sean United are in pole position and I wouldn’t even discount a 3rd place finish for United.

Chelsea the outsiders despite a game in hand on all three of Spurs, Arsenal and United.

The race for 3rd and 4th place could be as close as run a thing as the title race.

OGS has done a great job at United and deserves a chance of the permanent role imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

I know it’s the derby and Everton will be 5 times better against us than they can manage in normal PL matches but I have a feeling that we’ll win comfortably. I’m going for 3-0 or maybe 3-1.

Would I have predicted this had we drawn against Watford? Maybe not and although it is only one match, the spark was back. It could just be short lived, for a single game, it happens but I’m leaning towards an up-tick in performance. The thing I’m least confident about is our defence and that’s going to remain the same until Gomez comes back …which btw, is for at least another month!! This is a point of serious frustration and concern for me as a fan but it is what it is. I just hope his healing is absolute this time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Chelsea just need to lick up their seay form a bit

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

Chelsea just need to lick up their seay form a bit-Lol. Actually wasplicker,Arse have seen a great deal of improvement since sacking the miserable French voyeur-imho! Considering they still have to face the consequences of AW s policy,and without much investment-they have done pretty well.Geriatrics like Cech,Monreal,Kos,Mikhi,Wellbeck, are still @ the club,Ozil-who knows what is happening with him,add all that & you realise just how bad things were b4 Emery came in.Keeping the likes of Mustafi,Xhaka,Iwoby,etc,without new investment hasnt helped his cause.Would not rule them out completely even for the 3rd,myself.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Mav, I don’t think you can rule any of the 4 candidates out but Arsenal are still very shaky defensively.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

9-Then you should check United s defence,lol.Shocked we are not getting spanked-every game,3 or 4.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Mav, bit harsh mate, you’ve got the best Keeper in the world one of the best defensive midfield players in Matic and defensively United have improved a lot under Ole across Smalling and Lindelof and Shaw.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

9-Improved yes,good enough-not even close!We had to improve on from Jose,it surely couldnt get any worse?lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Mav, it’ll come mate Ole appointed and 3/4 key players signed in the Summer and you’ll be good to go. United were never as bad as some were saying.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

No m8,we werent as bad as some were saying-we were worse,a laughing stock.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Mav, Utd’s form since Ole took over (huge percentage of a full season) is up there with title winners and genuine challengers of any PL season. Surely to say that an entire department isn’t close to good enough cant possibly be correct. I mean, overall, it’s working. Will it last? Maybe not. Could you guys do with improving this summer, of course. The only problem you have as far as I’m concerned is that your season was sunk by Jose. No amount of wins can correct it, in terms of winning the league or something like that. Top 4 is very do-able and you’re probably the favourites for it too. You’re not out of Europe either just yet, even if it’s hanging by a thread.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 305 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.