Home Community General Football Week 9: Return of the Spuds (hopefully!)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

I guess we can return our attention to the meat and gravy, after the shenanigans of a pointless but healthy-for-you salad rocket salad.

Toffee’s vs Spammers could be tasty, or could be French Onion soup who really knows… will the Spuds show or will they be mashed again, I’m going for the Hornets to be slightly roasted myself but not by much.

Wins for the Foxy Lady’s, Lampard’s Young Boys, and Money-bags.

The main course is obviously a classic Sunday Lunch with all the trimmings, you have to fancy Liberoools over UnYooUtd on paper, but it’s played on grass. Can UnYooUtd get up for it? I doubt it!

Tough game for the Goonies on Monday, fancy the other lot to sneak a point at least!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      threeps
      Participant

Ah proper football, you have been missed…

I’m actually a little worried about the Utd/Liverpool match. Now we all know Utd are rubbish and if they went toe to toe with Liverpool they would surely get their arses handed to them. I think this game will suit them better than against teams like Newcastle where Utd (of the Manchester variety) will have the ball more and be expected to break down the opposition. They just don’t have good enough players to do that. Against better teams, as in the other “top 6”, they can sit back, even at Old Trafford, and counter. They do have the players that can do this, like Martial if fit and Rashford. Think first game of the season vs Chelsea, probably without the 4-0 score line mind.

Can see Palace causing City problems. Roy has his team flying at the moment, they have been one of the form teams for this season and the end of last too I think. And again they have players that can counter well against teams that have the ball more.

Must be pressure on Marco Silva, if they lose at home against an albeit a not-too-shabby West Ham will it be the chop?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by threeps.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

I’m sure Spurs will bounce back strongly. Palace v City will be an interesting one as Palace are no pushovers particularly at home so City will need to play a lot better than they did last week missing players or not.

Silva badly need a win at Goodison v West Ham.

Sunday tea time is the tasty one can United somehow raise their game and get something? Seems unlikely but I’m sure they’ll raise their game v the last couple of games and it will be a match worth watching..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

A proper spanking for United by the Liberoools,I fear,which could lead to Ole being sacked.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            steveosnakeeye
            Participant

if spuds dont and cant beat watford at the moment then id be a very worried spuds fan! i know they lost against other bad teams recently but all teams have the odd blip (mostly) but to have to many to close together ……bad news!

great, a fecking 2 week boring international break, back to the meat and gravey and now have to wait till frigging monday!!

and the only televised game for me at home is everton/westham which doesnt make me want take time out to watch!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Need to move to Finland, Buffy, get to watch everything over here (if you want to of course!).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                steveosnakeeye
                Participant

as tempting as it is to live in Finlandia there are 2 main reasons why i never could

firstly the closeness to Malmo

secondly…you are there πŸ˜‰

annoying how other nations get to see every match free…though in fairness id only watch a handfull of them at best, most have no pull for me and a catch up of the “best bits” on MoTD does me fine πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

threes…Palace are only a few points behind City and they always cause us problems but I am hoping City will pull themselves together in defence and start scoring again. Unusual for City not to score at home last week but these things happen, move on. City have to get early goals or Palace will do a job on us..again

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Firstly… it ain’t free, that’s for sure!!

Secondly… your lack of geographical knowledge is only second to your lack of footballing choices!! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Hate playing utd at ot. Haven’t turned up there for years and we were terrible there the last two times.

Fully expect utd to have a few players back and raise their game. I think Liverpool will Drop points for the 1st time this season. Everyone predicting us to win is playing into their hands

Palace are very good away from
                        Home as they can play on the break but average at home.Can only see a city win

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Allison is supposed to be back, but I’m wondering whether that’s a good idea away from home. Adrian if anything has been like he’s played there for years.

Salah is in contention – hopefully he returns.

I’m not too keen anymore on these head-to-heads, especially at OT.

There’s a few rumoured on the side-lines that are ready for a return.

I’d like to see how the Crystal Palace game pans out. Any points dropped there would be a huge boost for us. Of course at some point, points will be dropped by us. I hope we can carry forward the momentum and make it 9 out of 9.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

I wouldn’t start Alison nil mate

Rusty and Adrian doing quite well so I’d leave it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Sean, that’s what I’m thinking too mate.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of Allison, but doesn’t seem right to take out Adrian. He’s been a huge part of that 8 game winning streak.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              threeps
                              Participant

De Gea limped off from the Spain game yesterday with a hamstring problem, big doubt for Sunday.

Get what you guys are saying regarding Adrian, he’s been great, but Alisson is the best around. I’m sure if he is too rusty then Klopp wont play him but it depends how he is doing in training. It’s not like you usually bring a goalie on in the 70 minute to gain some match fitness!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Sean, if you can’t be confident of facing this Utd side, you’ll never be confident facing Utd. I realise form often goes out of the window in these games but we’re so poor.

The only positive, from Utd’s POV, is that Liverpool will come at Utd which will play to our one and only strength, countering at pace. One good ball and Rashford, James and Co could nick one.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

A couple of stonking goals from Hudson Odoi last night once he gets fully match fit he could be a stand out player for both Chelsea and England.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

The only positive, from Utd’s POV, is that Liverpool will come at Utd which will play to our one and only strength, countering at pace. One good ball and Rashford, James and Co could nick one.

Is Horace available though? That was a serious injury he got on international duty… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      threeps
                                      Participant

“The only positive, from Utd’s POV, is that Liverpool will come at Utd which will play to our one and only strength, countering at pace. One good ball and Rashford, James and Co could nick one.”

Ed that’s the thing I and probably most LFC fans are concerned about. We will dominate possession, I would guess around >60%, you will set up to soak up pressure and hit quick and long to exploit our high line.

It’s when you guys play the lesser lights of the league and need to force the play you come unstuck as you just don’t have the quality creative players. Counter attacking is your strong point and will get the chance to use it against the likes of Liverpool.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Ed look at our record there over the last ten years . It’s shocking and I fully expect a tough and scarpy game. Utd will be well up for it

Utd will have players back. They are ooor but we just don’t show up at old tarford

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          steveosnakeeye
                                          Participant

best time for the league leaders to go to OT and win BIG and now with De Gea out if you cant make a statement then id be very unhgappy as a pool supporter, same as i was when we should have beaten them and once again played like a fearful bunch of losers facing a unioted team of old under ol red nose with CR 7 playing

come on those days are long gone, dont give me the nonsense about counter attack and buses being parked, with the way both teams are currenlty playing you should have way to much no matter whatr tactics and win easily…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 414 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.