Home Community General Football Week 8 Footy

This topic contains 171 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by maverick1973 maverick1973 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

http://global.espn.com/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3657640/transfer-talk-arsenal-line-up-aaron-ramsey-replacement-spurs-chasing-chucky

My double top secret is out…. 🙂

So, after a disappointing mid-week for most of us, the Bread & Butter games are back, even with a Friday Night appetizer.

Obviously the stand-out game is Spuds vs Whales, with every man and his dog wondering if Hugo is still drunk while the rest of the Spuds are still punch-drunk from Wednesday but personally I’m looking forward to the Salahpool vs MoneyCity game on Sunday. Salahpool are looking a bit “leggy” at the moment, having played Chelski, Chelski and Napoli in their last three games, with MoneyCity’s recent run a little less strenuous in comparison. Be a seriously good test of Salahpools creditionals I reckon but my Finnish Firewater is sniffing a MoneyCity mugging here.

#26901 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    57 pts

Can only see a city win if I’m honest. Our midfield 3 of hendo, Milner abd Winji isn’t good enough and we looked tired already

Look at city’s midfield 3 compared to ours. Full of creativity. The two Silva’s will run the show

Klopp should have made changes mid week. The frint three are well out of sync and not playing well.

We really were poor ahainest Napoli. City are playing well. We have done really well so far but we just haven’t really got going

Also if utd can’t neat Newcastle this weekend then he had to be sacked

#26908 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    315 pts

Mendy in contention and De Bruyne to be assessed ahead of Liverpool game. Sounds ominous for the rest of us.😊

I think the Liverpool v City game might end as a score draw. Could be a humdinger.

#26909 Score: 0

Adlab
    Participant
    59 pts

Our record is so bad I would take a point now!

#26911 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    249 pts

I too can see a high score draw here.Spurs might still be suffering from vertigo after what Messi did to them midweek,with the Magpies getting @ least a draw @ OT.

#26912 Score: 0
    Hightown hope
    Hightown hope
    Participant
    73 pts

Mav – if Utd can’t beat Newcastle, then things really are bad. From what I’ve seen of Newcastle this season, they are absolutely toothless. You’ll have them, I reckon.

Been reading alot of Utd fans slagging off Lukaku this season. He was immense in the World Cup, so there definitely a player in there. Is it the system, is it Mourinho, is it just poor form. Many of your fans are complaining that he is so static, doesn’t make the runs and work the channels etc, but these were exactly what he was doing in Russia. Where do you stand on him?

#26913 Score: 0
    Hightown hope
    Hightown hope
    Participant
    73 pts

Very much looking forward to going to Anfield on Sunday, but with a certain amount of trepidation. I just hope the crowd can lift the team. I honestly would rest Salah for this one, though I don’t think for one minute Klopp will do that, and I’d certainly play Shaquiri, either in place of him or in place of Hendo if Keita’s not fit.

Have to say, I agree with Sean for once – I’d take a draw right now, because I can’t see us getting anything out of it, despite City’s record there. And I read today that Aguero has never scored at Anfield which surprised me. City to win 3-1 with aguero getting 2!!

#26914 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    57 pts

Gas thing is Hightown, a stat popped up on sat during Liverpool Chelsea game that Liverpool hadn’t conceded a goal in the 1st half this season then 5 mins later hazard scored lol

Fully expect kdb to play some part. Mendy is great going forward but leaves gaps behind him

City really are some team. They are due a win at Anfield aswell

#26915 Score: 0
    Hightown hope
    Hightown hope
    Participant
    73 pts

My thoughts exactly, Sean. Mendy may well leave gaps, but is Salah in enough form to take advantage?

#26916 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    315 pts

All these attacking fall backs are best in forward mode and Mendy is no different. Defensively he is a bit iffy just like Alonso is and indeed TAA and Robertson are but if City get on the front foot there are few better.

#26917 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Participant
    181 pts

Same as Adlab, would take a point now. Anelka brace 15yrs ago was the last time we got all three points at Anfield. If we play Gundogan in midfield and Mendy who cant really defend despite being awesome going forwards I think we will lose simple as. Definitely our hardest away game and I will be over the moon if we did win but I don’t really see this as a crucial game for us as so early in the season. We could win 4 nil or lose 3- 4 or draw 3 all . It’s a brave man who puts big money on the score on Sunday.

#26919 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    57 pts

Jim
    Looks like Gundogan is out chum

Robertson has improved drastically as a defender nine but had been caught out last two games mate

Taa is a worry. So young and is left isolated as Salah is the only person out of the front 3 who is told to stay up

He’s a midfielder by trade aswell. He’s doing very well but city could well expose him

Front 3 aren’t at it nine. Final ball, over running it. It’s just not gelling yet but I’m confident that flow and understanding will come back

#26920 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    249 pts

HH-Its Jose and his tactics which are to blame for everything @ OT!He simply ASKING TO BE SACKED.Wont surprise me to be a draw-again.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by maverick1973 maverick1973.
    #26922 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

Not a single comment about spurs-chasing-chucky? Not one? Not even Gooseman? Bullocks to the lot of ya!

#26923 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Participant
    181 pts

I just dont get Gundogan Sean. He’s a tidy player but has little pace and isn’t a great tackler. Add that to the fact that he rearly attacks like the Silvas or KDB then I see him as a liability in a game like Sundays. Squad player at best. I would have Foden in tbe side already ahead of him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.