Home Community General Football Week 8 Footy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

http://global.espn.com/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3657640/transfer-talk-arsenal-line-up-aaron-ramsey-replacement-spurs-chasing-chucky

My double top secret is out…. ๐Ÿ™‚

So, after a disappointing mid-week for most of us, the Bread & Butter games are back, even with a Friday Night appetizer.

Obviously the stand-out game is Spuds vs Whales, with every man and his dog wondering if Hugo is still drunk while the rest of the Spuds are still punch-drunk from Wednesday but personally I’m looking forward to the Salahpool vs MoneyCity game on Sunday. Salahpool are looking a bit “leggy” at the moment, having played Chelski, Chelski and Napoli in their last three games, with MoneyCity’s recent run a little less strenuous in comparison. Be a seriously good test of Salahpools creditionals I reckon but my Finnish Firewater is sniffing a MoneyCity mugging here.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Can only see a city win if Iโ€™m honest. Our midfield 3 of hendo, Milner abd Winji isnโ€™t good enough and we looked tired already

Look at cityโ€™s midfield 3 compared to ours. Full of creativity. The two Silvaโ€™s will run the show

Klopp should have made changes mid week. The frint three are well out of sync and not playing well.

We really were poor ahainest Napoli. City are playing well. We have done really well so far but we just havenโ€™t really got going

Also if utd canโ€™t neat Newcastle this weekend then he had to be sacked

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Mendy in contention and De Bruyne to be assessed ahead of Liverpool game. Sounds ominous for the rest of us.?

I think the Liverpool v City game might end as a score draw. Could be a humdinger.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

Our record is so bad I would take a point now!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

I too can see a high score draw here.Spurs might still be suffering from vertigo after what Messi did to them midweek,with the Magpies getting @ least a draw @ OT.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

Mav – if Utd can’t beat Newcastle, then things really are bad. From what I’ve seen of Newcastle this season, they are absolutely toothless. You’ll have them, I reckon.

Been reading alot of Utd fans slagging off Lukaku this season. He was immense in the World Cup, so there definitely a player in there. Is it the system, is it Mourinho, is it just poor form. Many of your fans are complaining that he is so static, doesn’t make the runs and work the channels etc, but these were exactly what he was doing in Russia. Where do you stand on him?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

Very much looking forward to going to Anfield on Sunday, but with a certain amount of trepidation. I just hope the crowd can lift the team. I honestly would rest Salah for this one, though I don’t think for one minute Klopp will do that, and I’d certainly play Shaquiri, either in place of him or in place of Hendo if Keita’s not fit.

Have to say, I agree with Sean for once – I’d take a draw right now, because I can’t see us getting anything out of it, despite City’s record there. And I read today that Aguero has never scored at Anfield which surprised me. City to win 3-1 with aguero getting 2!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Gas thing is Hightown, a stat popped up on sat during Liverpool Chelsea game that Liverpool hadnโ€™t conceded a goal in the 1st half this season then 5 mins later hazard scored lol

Fully expect kdb to play some part. Mendy is great going forward but leaves gaps behind him

City really are some team. They are due a win at Anfield aswell

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Hightown hope

My thoughts exactly, Sean. Mendy may well leave gaps, but is Salah in enough form to take advantage?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

All these attacking fall backs are best in forward mode and Mendy is no different. Defensively he is a bit iffy just like Alonso is and indeed TAA and Robertson are but if City get on the front foot there are few better.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Same as Adlab, would take a point now. Anelka brace 15yrs ago was the last time we got all three points at Anfield. If we play Gundogan in midfield and Mendy who cant really defend despite being awesome going forwards I think we will lose simple as. Definitely our hardest away game and I will be over the moon if we did win but I don’t really see this as a crucial game for us as so early in the season. We could win 4 nil or lose 3- 4 or draw 3 all . It’s a brave man who puts big money on the score on Sunday.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Jim
                            Looks like Gundogan is out chum

Robertson has improved drastically as a defender nine but had been caught out last two games mate

Taa is a worry. So young and is left isolated as Salah is the only person out of the front 3 who is told to stay up

Heโ€™s a midfielder by trade aswell. Heโ€™s doing very well but city could well expose him

Front 3 arenโ€™t at it nine. Final ball, over running it. Itโ€™s just not gelling yet but Iโ€™m confident that flow and understanding will come back

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

HH-Its Jose and his tactics which are to blame for everything @ OT!He simply ASKING TO BE SACKED.Wont surprise me to be a draw-again.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by maverick1973.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Not a single comment about spurs-chasing-chucky? Not one? Not even Gooseman? Bullocks to the lot of ya!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

I just dont get Gundogan Sean. He’s a tidy player but has little pace and isn’t a great tackler. Add that to the fact that he rearly attacks like the Silvas or KDB then I see him as a liability in a game like Sundays. Squad player at best. I would have Foden in tbe side already ahead of him.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

Jim…I do not think Gungdoghan is that bad but I would give Foden a go and see how he copes with Anfield,Pep will know soon enough to take him off or keep him on. The League will not be decided on this game, as it was last season but I am happy that City are talked down by the media now and Liverpooland Chelsea have the higher expectancy level. I am sure it will be a cracking game to watch. It is a game City and Liverpool should enjoy without all the hype this time hopefully

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Mikus LFC
                                    Participant

Iโ€™m not too pessimistic about Liverpoolโ€™s chances on Sunday because I strongly suspect the pressing and the energy levels will be back which should at least give them half a chance and still make for a good contest. Because of the importance of the game, I think it will play out more like a derby game, so to some extent, form will go out the window.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

It’s in the interests of the rest of the chasing pack that City win.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Runours Jose is gone at weekend

Could be wrong

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          gjblues
                                          Participant

Mikus, no team can high press for a full 90 mins. You pressed us for around 70 last season and got your just rewards but had the game gone on for another 10, I reckon City would have nicked at least a draw. Besides, Liverpool looked very tired, especially in the second half, against Napoli, which gives me some hope. Having said that, like Jim and Adlab, I’d take as draw now.
                                            May the best team win. COYB.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 172 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.