Home Community General Football Week 7 Football

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Aguero looks doubtful ahead of the big clash this evening between Chelsea and Manchester City.

What a meaty looking fixture.

Palace look set for another leak of goals – there will need at least 3 buses at Old Trafford, hahaha 😀

Better make the most of this one to sign out, because we are back afterwards on International duty!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

Aguero is a bit more than doubtful, isn’t he? He’s broken his ribs and is out for 2 months I thought!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Haha 🙂 Had to reluctantly trade him out of my fantasy team and bring in Kane!

That is a shame from a Man City point of view, but they do have plenty of attacking quality so I still expect goals from both sides.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Huddersfield just can’t cope with Harry Kane and Spurs with Huddersfield’s kamikaze defending this could end up at 6 or 7 perhaps more.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Wasn’t expecting this h/t scoreline but then again I ain’t complaining

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

I’d be frustrated if I was a Spurs fan because I believe there’s a title challenge in them, but it’s this problem at the moment in trying to establish yourself at Wembley, plus Levy’s mindset in not overly wanting to push the boat out to strengthen the squad.

They are a well drilled side and a joy to watch when they have a proper English striker on song.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Nil I think this season is almost a consolidation one, what with Wembley,CL & long term injuries to Rose,Dembele,Wanyama and Lamela not helping.We will be top 6 I reckon,anything more is a bonus.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

4 nil to Spurs it could have been a lot worse for Huddersfield.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

3 more points on the board, try and catch the highlights later…

NIL, we had this disco before mate, all well and good having a gently pop at Levy and whatnot, but as I said at the time, who we gonna get? Our 1st 11 is pretty steller at the moment, hard to find anybody who would walk straight into that who would a) not cost 100m plus in today’s market and b) would actually come to the Spuds anyway. All in all, when it was all wrapped up, I think we did all right over summer and got some decent players in.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Also Spurs have to pay for a new Stadium.

Team/Squad wise Spurs are in a pretty good place at the moment imo their problem will be hanging on to the Dele Alli’s and Kane’s of this world if they don’t win the big trophies which is getting tougher and their wage structure which caused the Danny Rose outburst and reflects the position of lot of Spurs top players.

All in all a difficult balancing act for Levy.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

You guys need to stop playing that card…. 🙂

Nobody is going anywhere, not unless the GDP of a small country is involved. Yeah, Walker left, to go and play for the best team in the country, and the best manager in the world, and will probably pick-up a shiny thing or two over the next 3/4 years, along with the healthier bank-account.. but I wouldn’t say we are missing him so win/win all-round… none of us Spuds are panicking about everybody else’s predictions! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

BJ fully agree mate,the media have already sold half our team,supporters of the other top teams are doing their best to convince themselves Kane, Ali,Lloris ,Toby,Jan,Rose and Eriksen are off.The truth is, the ground finance is in place ,there will be a mega naming deal and Levy will reward the players with pay rises.
                            Who wouldn’t want to play in the best ground in the country,not my words but Gary Neville’s.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

About a week ago I had in my mind guaranteed goals out of this fixture because both teams have been in good scoring form and in fine fettle.

As it happens, this game effectively was tight. Man City formed nicely away from home with a 4-1-4-1 and actually asked more questions.

It needed something special and KDB was the X Factor. You need that in these type of games if you want to aspire to an away win.

I like Morata, but felt Chelsea lacked that Drogba/Costa type of a bulldog who will find an equalizer one way or another. Above all,

I expected an exuberant Chelsea and with them being current Champions, relishing Man City.

If anything, the fixture by default should automatically prevail ambience of the home team in front of their supporters relishing a Man City type of challenge, and this I felt on this evidence of today’s game was missed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

This City side are really going to take some stopping aren’t they? As are Spurs. Utd are doing a good job of disposing of these smaller sides but we’re yet to see them really tested. Liverpool VS Utd is going to be their first real test.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Good call Ed, quite a fan of Tottenham and like them. I really hope they continue to just go out there freely in expressing themselves and get those wins under there belt.

If I am forthright in expressing, I’d be bemused to hear “The Title is going to Manchester”.

When there is or when you see as a neutral genuine potential in other teams, you feel they shouldn’t hold back and try as best as they can.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Chelsea lost Morata after circa 30 mins to injury had Chelsea lost Costa or Drogba after circa 30 mins the impact on those teams in such a tough game would have been the same

Arsenal,Spurs,Everton and City in Chelsea’s first 7 games has been a difficult start hopefully Morata recovers during the international break and Chelsea can re group.

Only Chelsea plus was Christensen and he deserves a run of games now imo.

City will take some stopping this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Brilliant performance by City last night.City to walk the league this season and go unbeaten the entire season!.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Big Jim
                                      Participant

Nice thoughts Maverick but way way too early. Yes we are tighter at the back but still venerable for me. Kompany is out still. We will lose games for sure. Once Morata went off Hazard was too isolated. Opposition will be more adventurous inpaticular I can see Spurs and United hitting us on the break. Kane and Lukaku are in awesome form at present. Liverpool at Anfield is far from guaranteed. Mendy is also a massive loss for the season. No doubt Guardiola has got us playing some quality high tempo football but personally if we only lose 3 games this season I will be very happy. It’s still anyone out of 4 teams for the league for me. Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

I don’t think we can comment on MoneyCity’s defense until a team has a right go at them for the full 90 minutes. Most teams to be sitting back and trying their luck with the counter while holding ship at the other end. Pool was causing some issues before Mane’s red-card I seem to recall. Didn’t see last nights game, by all accounts Chelski were a bit defensive in their line-up.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Jim-Also do not forget Aguero was missing,a player who can score goals at will.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.