Home Community General Football Week 5 Footy: Back to Business…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 256 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

No real biggies this week, arguably the “biggest” game would be UnYooUtd vs Foxy Ladies, and based on current form I think I’d fancy the Foxy Ladies, despite them playing at Old Trafford, although Wolves vs Chelski runs them a close second in the interesting stakes. Pity they’re both playing at the same time…

Wins for Spuds, City and the Goonies… draws for UnYooUtd and Wolves, and a thumping great loss for Brown Ale Boys…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

I was a sinner, but now ive seen the light, praise be to league football.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Cannot Stand the international break

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Me too Sean. I admit that I turned on the Ireland Switzerland game, with about 5 mins to go and Ireland scored. I only did it out of boredom.

It’s hard to take these damn breaks though. They just needlessly get in the way of the real football. I played my wildcard in the FF this week, so I want to see how the new team does but of course, I just want to watch another potential 3 pointer.

Newcastle had a great result against Spurs and a good one against Leicester. They didn’t carry that on against Watford, so I’m pretty confident TBH. I’ll never count 3 points before they are made but if Liverpool want to win the PL, or have even the slightest chance then they’ve got to pick up 3 points in these types of games, every time. That’s all there is to it.

I’ll be watching Hendo and Fabinho. They’ve not played poorly but they are both making too many mistakes and hopefully it’s just early season stuff but we’re at GW 5 now, so sort it out.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Fabhino Mav?

He’s been excellent all season mate especially in the last two games.

Absolute snip at 43m. Brilliant player

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

My Birthday Weekend, haha πŸ™‚ 3 points would be Perfect.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

Mak. .like Sean I’m surprised youre digging out Fab. Think he’s been well up to standard for us this season, almost playing as a 3rd centre back giving Trent and Robbo freedom to do what they do best.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Given that he’s one of the players I banged on about most last season, I shouldn’t need to say that I think he’s excellent and has been great value/signing in general… I understand though that maybe people don’t remember who was saying what, over time, so ya.. I did and even earmarked him for a world class tag this season. I didn’t say that I think he’s playing poorly but that himself and Hendo have made a few silly mistakes between them. Nothing more than that. I mean, you can tell anyone in any line of work that they are doing really well, just to try and cut out the silly mistakes. It would be considered to be constructive criticism.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

I was only throwing in his price tag mate

I’m not seeing what you are seeing so far enough

Been one of our best players this season.

I haven’t really noticed Hendo this season. Poor mistake againest arsenal which let them in. He’s doing alright. Playing much better these days since playing on the right of the midfield 3.

Not sure who your referring to but I was delighted we signed fabhino and he’s been brilliant

A really important player for us.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

I think utd and Chelsea will get results. They really need to even at this early stage.

Both managers need patience.

You can see what Lampard is trying to do. Intense press from the off but Chelsea then run out of steam. They look very good going forward, just need to shore it up at the back

Utd need to kill
                        Games. Two very tricky games

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

“Not sure who your referring to but I was delighted we signed fabhino and he’s been brilliant ”

Unless I’m mistaken by where you mean, I am referring to myself. I’ve been suped up about Fabinho since the Arsenal game (last season). Maybe you don’t remember me boring the shit out of everyone on TT and also here about what he did for our midfield last season . I was only pointing out that he’s had a few mistakes. I’ve really said more on this though than I wanted to. I’d like to drop it because when you try and clarify, it can seem like you’re doubling down and getting more critical and that’s just not the case here with Fabs.

I’m not so sure about Utd myself but the matches I’ve watched of Chelsea so far, they’ve had some great spells. Chelsea really didn’t need a transfer window this season and I’ll go one further and say that it’s actually helping them.

What the hell am I talking about?… Not having a transfer window takes the pressure off Lampard but it pays off as an advantage when they have these talented players to bring through. There isn’t much better for a manager in the day to day side of the game than successfully bringing young talent into the team and to have them thrive there. Fans absolutely love it, it’s good to know that your club is more than a chequebook. If the likes of Abraham and Mount can continue in the way they’ve started then that’s so much heat off Lampard. That’s the kind of things that sustains you when the honeymoon period ends.

Now, it’s my opinion that these good spells that Chelsea are having will slowly become their main game, as they continue to work together. So, I’m not too worried for Frank anymore.

I’m less enthused by what’s going on at Utd but they have their own potential success story there in that chap greenwood. he looks great TBH. I don’t know why he’s not really been given a go yet but I’m sure he will.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

Will not be shocked to see sexy Foxes winning @ OT,and a very difficult to call between the Wolverines & Chelsea. Liveroools to thrash the Magpies.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

I don’t particularly like Leicester – possibly due to being hung up on that draw from January. Would be an interesting trip at OT. Does Vardy still believe he’s 2016?

I’m much more encouraged by Scott Mctominay. United need to oust the main ‘prima donna’ (we know who he is). Then Solksjaer is in a nice place – Evans of 94. He can use his experience players and bed in new ones. He needs to be given a proper chance to rebuild, but that can only happen if upstairs believe in him for a long-term future.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

I wouldn’t bet against a 7 or even an 8-0 Manchester City win at Carrow Road.

No Pukki showing up for my liking.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Pagan
                                Participant

Mr. Balance, let’s face it the reason you don’t like Leicester City is, you live there and they’ve won the premier league…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

What’s your point antagonist?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Nil, it just baffles me how you can dislike a club because of a draw that they got against us.

Also, how to say this delicately… People who know you a long time will know how jealous you can get of other clubs. You carry a lot of negative feelings with you over a long time, needlessly. I don’t think Pagan has said anything wrong there but you’ve had a negative reaction because he’s right.

Leicester winning the league was a great thing, not a bad thing. A break from the same old thing was so inspirational that they started writing movie scripts over it. Let them have their dream season, we’ve had more than most.

Personally, I rather like Leicester and will be hoping that they can bridge the gap and maybe even enter the top 6. The Pl needs this kind of this to avoid stagnation. I also still have a lot of respect for Rodgers and want him to do well. He is one of the worst managers when it comes to talking to the press but he’s definitely a talented manager, no matter what people might say. “It was Suarez that made him look good”.. Well why the &*%# didn’t Suarez do the same for Kenny? You won’t get too many answers to that but it’s ok to shit all over Rodgers when he essentially loses the PLs top 2 scorers… That was just so unjust in my opinion and so you can see why I am really pulling for him now at Leicester. I don’t expect everyone to be the same of course. ‘

I will also be hoping that Wolves can make that step forward and TBH, although I am not “hoping” Everton do well, since I’m not from Liverpool, I don’t carry the same dislike for them as locals would… except on derby day of course. It would be good for the PL though if they were to make a little step forward and to help keep the top 6 from floating off over the horizon.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Yep, still remember that particular night and Chilwell. I’ve gone to Live Matches there, and before Rodgers came in, they were bland and dull under Claude Puel.

He had a chip on his shoulder anyway whilst he was at Saints because of Liverpool buying Southampton players and putting his nose out of joint.

Rodgers is going to ‘heightening’ his club mentally the way he did at Liverpool. Maybe some of those players are good. But are they really that good? Rumours of late involving James Maddison at United. Isn’t he like a younger Henderson?

Naturally being a Liverpool supporter and not won the PL ever or the League Championship as we remember it for 30 years (almost) is going to leave a bitter taste. Especially when some of their fans think or believe they are Top 4 material. People should try living where I live and come into proximity of some of these people.

Only then, they’ll know where I’m coming from.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

I seem to remember a certain Silly-Willy-Nilly being well excited little bunny at the time… how times have changed!! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Luckydestiny
                                          Participant

believing their team is top 4? How very dare they! Vermin! and you are forced to live amongst them? Im so sorry nil πŸ™‚ wtf?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 256 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.