Home Community General Football Week 4: Because I\'m still bored (and annoyed about the cricket)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Let’s see…

A possibly banana skin for UnYooUtd, Saints, on their day, can be a handful for anyone… going for a draw I think.

Wins for both the money clubs, and a home defeat for Burnley.

A tasty game on Sunday, but I do fancy Wolves over the Toffeemen for some reason.

And then I’ll be turning the TV off and going for a nice long walk!! ?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

I think United will bounce back on Saturday but it is a tricky game.

Arsenal v Spurs is the really interesting one.

I think it depends on Poch’s team selection Eriksen has to play imo as well as whether Spurs turn up.

Arsenal’s strength is their offensive play if Spurs aren’t at it it could be a tricky game for them if they are at it I think they’ll get a draw at least.

Danny Mills combined Spurs/Arsenal team only had two Arsenal players in it??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        threeps
        Participant

Merson claiming Spurs are out of the title race already. Bit early perhaps, but he has a point saying they look a bit of a mess and Arsenal will fancy their chances.

Big big game for them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

threeps, I think it’s too early to rule anyone out of the title race. Even Chelsea.?

But based on what we’ve seen last season and so far this season I think most fans would agree that it looks like a fight between City and Liverpool again.

I thought Spurs might push City and Liverpool this season but as you rightly say they look a bit of a mess currently.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            steveosnakeeye
            Participant

so why (if they are) are spurs in a mess? they have kept hold of all their biug players and spent big this summer and play in their shiny new stadium after a stella (for them, being still trophyless 😉 season) so whats the issue?

injuries?
              bought wrong players in the summer?
              the fact they didnt buy last summer?

whats the issue?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Poch not picking Eriksen and Vertongen , poor performances in all 3 PL games, uncertainty as to whether either player will still be there after the European transfer window closes, several strange comments from Poch to the media.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Have to say you lot crowing about the Spuds is a bit premature… but like the bunch of old women you all are, you love a good gossip!!

Decent against Villa, love to see how many of you lot come away with a point at City, and not so great against Castle I’ll admit that, but trying to beat a 5-5-0 formation isn’t that easy.

There is the issue with Wee Erik, hopefully that will be sorted one way or the other by the end of the week, Ali been injured all season, Son banned for the first two games and looked very rusty (and still one of our better players against Castle, with a corner flag being 2nd), Lo Cecil hasn’t really had a crack yet, N-Dumb was missing… once everybody is back and warmed up, and Lamela/Lucas aren’t starting, be a whole different ball game.

Proabably lose Sunday, but that’s more to do with the Goonies just outgunning us (see what I did there). They’re highly unlikely to play 5-5-0 like Villa/Castle, so I think it’ll be a much better Spuds performance… 3-2 to the Goonies!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

Off the pitch Spurs look good but all does not seem ok on it. They struggled but in the end edged past Villa, somehow drew despite chasing shadows with City and lost to Newcastle in a very poor performance.

Poch has addressed the problems:

“This is my sixth season and the most unsettled group we are working with,” he admitted on Sunday, via Football.London.

“That is why we are relaxed and calm. Some situations we cannot fix. Nothing to say about that, situations that are going on in the squad. Still we need to wait.

“That is the circumstances after playing the Champions League on June 1, we knew that some situations like this would happen but for us and the club it’s difficult to handle.

“What can we do? We can only wait. I say again, you have for sure more information than me about what’s happening in the market.

“That’s why I cannot do more than try to help the team find the best dynamic to train and not to create too many problems and be a person who is not being very emphatic, but understand every single situation and try to get a good result.”

“This type of stuff happens in the Premier League and that’s why you not only need quality players, you need a very good dynamic, and strong team bond and at the moment that situation in our group is still far, far away from what we expect.”

Doesn’t look good to me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    steveosnakeeye
                    Participant

blijmey hate to say it but im with Nancy on this one!

3 games in is waqy to early! ok so he didnt play to senior players, one of which wants to move to spain, how is that different from most big clubs who lose or have unsettled players all summer?

they finished 3rd last year, CL semi finals and broke their own transfer record in the summer…and havent lost anyone of any worth?

if poch is suddenly unhappy, why? i doubt anything has changed in structure or who comes and goes and he was happy before….

all seems like a storm in a tea cup with no real evidence to back it up at this stage, fingers crossed though they get a good old fashioned spanking from the Arsenal on Sunday and the mood snowballs all season until poch is sacked and they bring in big Sam to save them from relegation 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Chucky, don’t be so defensive Spurs were CL Finalists and many were expecting them to kick on this season given that the new Stadium and some decent signings in the transfer market.

This is a legitimate discussion and the same things are being discussed in the media and would apply to any Club under similar circumstances.

Nobody can deny the point v City was a very good point but it was an immensely lucky point I’m sure Spurs will turn it around and be competitive this season but currently they look a long way away from a credible title challenger which many thought they might be that’s why you’re seeing the discussions you are on here and in the media. Take it as a compliment.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Stevo, Oi I’m not having that Chelsea finished 3rd last season!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Not being defensive, cyber chum, just giving my opinion… the new signings have played about 270 minutes between them, we’ve not been close to playing what many Spuds would consider our 1st 11 (and yes, I’d have Wee Erik and Jan the Man in that 11 along with Son and Ali, so between those 4 you’ve got about another 270 minutes of football!), and we always start slow… no idea why, but we never seem to really get going till about week 6 or 7…

Yes, I’m annoyed about the Castle result, and it certainly was a long way from what the Spuds can do, but if we’re doing it in October, then I’ll be panicking!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Two big if’s granted, but if Sir Harry was given that Peno and/or Lucas didn’t fluff that one decent chance, then it’s 2-1 and we wouldn’t really having this conversation… certainly not to this extent anyway. It would be all that “grinding out wins is the stuff of champions” malarkey!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

You’ll be fine Chucky and probably finish at least 3rd and win a domestic Cup.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                threeps
                                Participant

Results wise 4 points from 9 isn’t great but often teams are disjointed at the start of the season. But Poch’s words strike me as a deeper problem, maybe Eriksens’s situation is adversely affecting the team? Or Poch is pee’d off with Levy? Broken promises maybe?

Chucky, at least we are not all talking about Liverpool this time in a general match day thread eh?
                                  😉

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by threeps.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

No, Premiership, Champions League double, thank you very much!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

threeps?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Chucky, ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

3p’s… you’re allowed if it’s the sodding game against the Goonies, or this weeks game against Burnley, but when we start hearing about 97 sodding points, Herr Kloop and the mean machine that is City, then I retain the right to take more piss than a beer tent at a festival… deal?? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Newcastle last week were gutsy. It might have been seen to be an Orange Bus, but what those players did was shut-down those little pockets of spaces by man-marking inside the Penalty Area.

If only Teams would suss this out and do this when Man City play because majority of their goals coming from very close range.

Chucks, I don’t know my friend how a trip to the Emirates will pan out. Unai seems to be installing some guts into those players. They got a consolation last week as a Positive to build on. Maybe a Smash and grab and exposure of Luiz, but you guys must take your chances, first time in asking.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 186 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.