Home Community General Football Week 23 footy (Including Predictions)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Looking forward to Liverpool City! Get your predictions in below for the weekend

[fp-predictionform match=”223-232″]

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

No rush on the predictions but just bumping this thread up so it’s not forgotten!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chelsea.man
        Participant

I have to say i’m looking forward to the predictions. i have already submitted mine. although i could be editing on instances. it has been a good two weekends before the FA cup
          disrupted my momentum.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Chelsea.man.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Interesting to see the predictions for the Liverpool City game. Just me and Nil going for a Pool win. Nil, that’s a brave prediction!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Editor.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

1-3 City Ed. If we can’t win tomorrow we might as well give up ever going to the bloody place again. ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chelsea.man
              Participant

I did go for a score draw probably 2-2 as both teams will attack and score.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

I originally went for a 2-2 draw, but the natural pessimism of a football fan as the game gets nearer has taken me over. I know City haven’t won at our place for ages, but I can’t see them as anything but strong favourites in this one. We have lost our lock unpicker, and City are pretty much at full strength as far as I can see. Would happily settle for a draw right now!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chelsea.man
                  Participant

I think if we want to break down teams that sit deep and soak up pressure. then playing Hazard behind Morata isn’t an option. go for 3-4-1-2 formation rather than 3-5-1-1. i would like Fabregas to be the man occupying where Hazard occupies currently occupies. and i would be comfortable if Hazard is deployed as a second striker alongside Morata not behind him.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Chelsea.man.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chelsea.man
                    Participant

Take Bakayoko out of the team for God’s sake ! The man is just a passenger. He is contributing zero. Where is Pedro?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Chelsea man is it not a bit to negative of a midfield Chelsea pick? It’s reakky only Fabregas who is creative.

3-5-2 at minute but maybe revert back to 3-4-2-1 with Pedro beside hazard with morota up top. I love Willian, would taje him at Liverpool all day long. I knows he not playing great but he should be starting for me. He doesn’t get many starts. Didn’t see the game but going by reports Leicester could have won. They are vastly improved under Puel

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Bakayoko just doesn’t look to have settled in this side. For all Conte’s moaning about not getting his choice of players in also, I think it’s pretty clear Morata was his choice and he just looks half the player Costa was at the moment. Nobody is even making City fight for this league title!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

Chelsea need to start playing the ball wide, getting to the goal line and crossing the ball, get behind the defence, rather than try and tippy tap it through the congested middle, we don’t do that instead its give it to Hazard and hope he can produce…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Morata has lost his confidence and Chelsea don’t have a suitable alternative currently. Barkley might add a bit more of an attacking dimension but it’s so long since he started a game he needs handling with care.

3 nil Nil’s in consecutive games is poor but at least we’re keeping clean sheets.?

The players need to get their brains into gear though or qualifying for the CL will be very difficult.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chelsea.man
                              Participant

People are slating Morata whilst exempting criticsm from Hazard and Fabregas. Both players had been poor for along time now. Hazard hasn’t score from open play since early december against Newcasstle. And since the Real Madrid speculation has come out he has been poor. The question is has he agreed a deal in principle? I have to say i have given up on him. drama after after about his future, and his goals and assistant ratio are poor. Sterling is scoring and assisting better. But Hazard is one of the best in the world? Is he unhappy at Chelsea? Why? Because judging by his body language i have seen a player who is bot bothered to be in fighting for the team. Fabregas and Bakayoko are very poor. They contribute nothing to the team. That begs this question why are we insisting on them? I have my concerns about Hazard playing as no 10. He is a winger who likes to cut inside. Pedro or Willian should be starting next. Take Bakayoko and Fabregas of the team. Put Pedro and Drinkwater in there. 3-4-3 is the way forward.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

Surely there should be more pressure on the star Hazard than the new lad Morata?;

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

CHM-I believe Conte wanted Fabregas,Pedro,William,,and Cahill replaced before the beginning of the season! He wanted Candreva,Bernardeschi,Bellarabi,and Nainggolan in the summer.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

The race for the places 2-4 is very tight right now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

A bit like JLP Jim you’re never knowingly undersold on Hazard.?

Morata is the main striker and clearly is not playing with confidence and is missing chances tbh I would be more worried if he wasn’t in the position to miss those chances his fortunes will turn around sooner rather than later as will his confidence when he starts to put the chances away again .

I haven’t seen today’s game so can’t comment on Hazard’s or Fabregas’s performance and I’m not sure who has. Conte has suggested that both Hazard and Fabregas were tired which was why he substituted them.

There is too much reliance at Chelsea on Hazard and imo Chelsea need more than one potential game changer.

8 games in 24 days isn’t helping and I think the Arsenal game on Wednesday night took a lot out of the players.

Fresh legs with Barkley might help although he’s recovering from a serious injury and lacks match practice although I suspect he probably will be in the squad for the Norwich game.

Chelsea have to find their shooting boots soon though or they will end up kissing a CL place goodbye which could have the knock on effect on Summer recruitment.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chelsea.man
                                        Participant

Big Jim

Yeah you are right there there. Hazard needs to spend more time in the box than he spends deep in midfield. He is creating jam in the middle which. He is taking Fabregas position. Which forces Fabregas to drift out wide. That makes him ineffective. Morata got zero service today. Who is to blame? Him or our creative players?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

2 correct scores and 2 correct outcomes, pretty chuffed with that πŸ™‚

You just know, Everton would just ship in goals the way they did last night and now that’s a danger for us as we could slide out of the top 4 with any form of defeat.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.