Home Community General Football Week 22: Cup Break

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

A feisty London derby to kick things off, would expect the goonies to have a bit too much for the Spammers, but there’s no denying the Spammers to rise their game against the bigger teams in London. Wouldn’t be overly surprised to see a draw, but certainly not expecting it.

3 points for all the other “contenders” before the big game of the weekend, Spuds vs YooUtd.

YooUtd certainly on a new manager bounce with 5 in a row, against a Spud side that’s stuttering a bit. Would be disappointing not to get the three points, but thinking a draw here….

Then a nice Monday night game City should win but going on recent form from the last 5/6 games, I reckon Wolves might fancy their chances for a point, but City are playing themselves back into form so a City win is most likely!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

If we drop points at Brighton then you know the usual collapse is coming. Huge test of character for us now to show we can bounce back after two defeats

Never like to say this lol but hopefully utd take points off spurs on Sunday

Think city are going to ramp it up now and pull
        Away soon over the next 6/7 games

Be interesting to see the keague table after the next 5 games

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

If you’re playing like that, then COME ON YOU SEAGULLS… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

But I know how you feel, this week I be mainly cheering for the Spammers… πŸ™

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Some really good games this weekend with the potentially best being Spurs v United over on Sky on Sunday.

This will be Ole’s first real test.

Offensively United can give Spurs problems but defensively can they keep them out? United’s biggest defensive strength is that they have De Gea.

I’m hoping for a Spurs win for once for obvious reasons but again for obvious reasons I would prefer that they both lost.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

We are very good going forward,especially with Martial back,but our defence is non-existent so expect Spurs to score a few! Going for a 4-2 to the Spuds.Dodgy games for both Arse and Pool!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Mav, good to see you in good spirits mate πŸ™‚ I like πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Well, like with any fourth-coming game and approach, hit the RESET BUTTON.

Be undoubtedly a tough afternoon for us – hope to get back on track πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Oz Yob
                    Participant

Sean I think your spot on re c$ty pulling away now. They stayed in touching distance of us after we had our best ever start whilst missing 4 or 5 of their best players & that’s the difference between them & the rest, their depth. Now they have these players back they will sail off into the distance, as you’d expect them to.
                      That being the case I don’t think it’ll be this game, I fancy us to get the points here, the lads will be fired up after 2 losses & will want to get back on track. I’d love to see us go back to heavy matal footy, lets go down to the moneybags swinging.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

Spurs v Utd……1-1
                        Brighton v Liverpool…….1-3

Dont worry about it!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Kind one Adlab, thanks.

Think I’m in ‘resist’ of doom and gloom, largely Media for ‘placing’ us 10 points clear. The Tile is not decided in January. We are NOT even in any ‘poll position’.

The Media Industry is ‘dog eat dog’ – I don’t wish them any luck because I don’t like them; they’re not ‘earning a living’. Earning a living means working the hours and putting in physical effort.

Liverpool have not won anything, but do you see what I mean alluding to no trophy since 2012. Our Responsibility and FAULT.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Oz Yob
                          Participant

Gday Nil, hope your well mate. I don’t get calling it doom & gloom if I don’t expect us to win anything. I’d say pretty much everyone expected c$ty to win the EPL before the season started so is everyone all doom & gloom. I obviously would love to see LFC win every game but I’m not suicidal if we don’t, I don’t stop enjoying life. I just call it as I see it. Fact is c$ty have a much bigger quality squad than anyone as they spent insane money for many years so you’d expect them to wear everyone down over the course of a season. I don’t call that doom & gloom, I call that reality. Yes I regularly say that to the annoyance of some, but some were getting way ahead of themselves predicting titles etc only half way through the season.
                            As I said if we went back to heavy Matal footy I’d love it as we were great to watch, win lose or draw. Go down swinging. Anyhow off to work, have a good day/night.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Oz Yob
                            Participant

Oh & yes the media are pretty much A***holes

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Nil, I don’t agree that earning a living means hard physical work. That means most people don’t earn a living. It would mean that Klopp doesn’t earn a living.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Everyone sees things differently and rightly or wrongly you are only giving your honest views of how you see things Oz. That’s not being negative it’s being true to your beliefs.

Tbh I couldn’t call the PL title currently other than saying I think it will go down to the wire and City are right back in it now.

The Centre back injuries are a bit of a worry for Liverpool but if Liverpool can get through the next few games unaffected by them I think Liverpool will be right in there as the PL turns for the final furlong.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Adlab
                                  Participant

Its a three horse race. Anyone could slip up over a couple of games or get key injuries. We’ve had our fair share of injuries so far this season. We may get more. So might others.
                                    I feel this could be the key.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Mak, Klopp runs a few laps on the training pitch I’m sure haha πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Aussie chum, we still play some cracking football mate. It’s not heavy metal. It’s controlled st times and we are better defensively for it

Peoples worry is, it will be the same old Liverpool and we will mess up

It’s happened to many times not to be concerned

Today is our biggest game if the season as it will show if we have the character to really bounce back. Drop points today and people will totally panic and the media be all over us

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Oz, no worries at all mate. Nine’s right in different fans seeing things differently.

I was alluding to how quickly certain sections of the media change when the tide changes. A handful out there were ready to hand us the Title after City losing to Leicester and we beat Arsenal. 7, 10, 12, or even 15 points are not uncatchable when you consider we’ve just reached the halfway point.

Now there is talk about City back in it which is just bananas to me because they were never out of it.

Neither have been Spurs too – they are still a threat. Those football Supporters that have followed the Sport through and through for at least quarter of the century will understand how it works and not be swayed into media opinion.

Of course there is a long way to go and whilst we’re on the journey, I feel we’ve all got to do our bit to get behind the team

Have a good day as well mate and fingers crossed this afternoon delivers us all 3 points

πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

I’m actually hoping today Fabinho is pair up with Van Dijk – we’d be solid then.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 169 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.