Home Community General Football Week 18: Christmas Eve (sort of)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

No real stocking busters this week, but a couple of real banana skins for Pool and Spuds I reckon. Wolves are a bit hot and cold, and if hot could cause Pool some lumps in their custard. Spuds have done pretty well at Everton over the last couple of years, but their a new beast this year, and we have a decent chance of being roasted if we’re not careful!

3 points in Gooseman’s stockings for everybody else…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Wouldnt shock me to see the Bluebirds nick a point tbh.Really looking forward to the Toffees vs the cocks.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Very tricky one for Liverpool

Everton are Everton banjo me aul buttercup

2 points in 12 games. They really are an average team and I thought people were going well overboard after their signings

Liverpool have aresnal and city in their 4 games. Maybe a good time play Aresnal but I thought spurs were very good last night

Very tight and countered really well

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Liverpool will be too good for Wolves,Everton away isn’t easy I could see a draw there and I expect new Manager bounce to benefit United at Cardiff, Arsenal to bounce back v Burnley, comfortable win for City v Palace and a difficult game for Chelsea v Leicester which I hope will end in a win.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

English football in general is in a much better state now,Jose gone,for good I hope.Never to be seen again-ever!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Leicester looked toothless without Vardy when the Spuds played them, don’t see any problems for Chelsea at all 27, not unless they’ve been on the Red-bulls and Port before hand. Nothing like the team that won the championship.

Bit early, but Pool will have no problem the Goonies whenever that is, we lost our heads the other week, made them look better than they really are.

Wasplicker, thought Everton were showing better form than that, haven’t watched them very recently mind you, but when I have this season they seem to be a side that could easily cause a lot a teams some problems! Hope you’re right on that account!

There is no way YooUtd can not get three points against Cardiff… you watch ’em fly, all the players have got a point to prove, expecting a cricket score there! (Not that I would sulk otherwise!).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Unfortunately according to Puel he’s hoping that Vardy will be fit for the Chelsea game and Leicester are a much more difficult proposition with him in the team.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

If Vardy’s back then it really is a different ball game…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Oz Yob
                    Participant

Tough away game for us, Wolves are no pushover, esp at home & have taken points off top sides this season. That said we have a lot to play for & are showing more glimpses of last seasons form going forward so hopefully will have enough to get the cake.
                      Can’t see any real problems for any of the three teams up near the top & even predict a manu win.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Oz Yob
                      Participant

Any of the other teams near the top that was, f!!! Predictive text

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

Puel will be sacked very soon.

Easy win for Chelsea as it’s at home

Points will be dropped soon chums

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Chelsea completely dominated the game v Wolves but forgot where the goal was and then forgot how to defend. Liverpool won’t do that. Chelsea don’t currently do easy wins Sean if we had a striker we might.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

If an obvious game exists where we lose points, this is it. So far I think Klopp has done really well in keeping the guys focused only on the game in hand. We’re after a tough few matches, ending with a big win against Utd. You could forgive many sides for letting things slide here and we’ve done it in the past. having big wins against your rivals is great but we’ve often instantly nullified them with silly losses or draws.

On top of that, Wolves are on the up and are not to be taken lightly. If we don’t win this game, I’m calling the title. That may sound extreme but it just typifies a genuine challenge/pretender. Winning a league is about being up for every match. It requires a different sort of mentality than cups. I’m not saying that one is lesser than the other, they are just different.

So far I’ve seen a difference in this team. The words from Klopp are to take every single match and only that match, into serious consideration. I feel that some players dont get that though. Look at Lovren. He’s recently called for an invisible season. This is the kind of stupid shit that i don’t want to hear. It has been incredibly difficult to get half way through the season (not even) undefeated. It has almost been a miracle if Im honest. I don’t want to hear some guy talking about every other game left and that’s what he’s doing. Just shut up and win the next match, you know? He’s a passionate guy and I get it but it’s like Klopps words aren’t reaching him and it’d absolutely vital to our chances that they do.

They say that Klopp is incredibly charismatic and although I’ve never met the guy, it’s pretty obvious that “they” are correct. What happens when even someone like him doesn’t get through to people?

Anyway, I am kinda worried about this match. It’s not an obvious test at all but I see it as a litmus test. it’s played at just the right time for complacency to have set in. it’s a match against a typically weaker team, who are on the up in general and in form also. it’s also away from home after a big win against Utd. The stage isn’t set for a sky blockbuster but it is set for a massive test of character, focus and determination for a team looking to win the title.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

I keep hearing chelseahave defensive problems nine but do they really? I think they have conceded about 14-16 goaks which isn’t bad at all.

Keeper is going under the radar but he looks very good. Really assured. Chelsea are doing well and will only get better

Lovren is a mouth piece and what am absolutely stupid thing to come out. He’s a eight year at times

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Adlab
                                Participant

What did Lovren say?
                                  Wolves away…should be straightforward for Liverpool but watch out for offside handball goals!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Sean, we’re not as historically strong as we were defensively but that’s to be expected given some of the players we’ve lost and the fact that we’re bedding in a new young Keeper but against Wolves despite Chelsea completely dominating the game we failed to take our chances and then forgot how to defend and gave two stupid goals away.

Liverpool are very strong defensively now and are offensively strong too which is why I can only see a fairly comfortable Liverpool win your only problem is that Molineux crowd under the lights will be well up for the game and are very vociferous but I will be amazed if you don’t leave Molineux with 3 points which is what Chelsea should have done too.

Agree with you re Lovren and him saying Liverpool will go the season unbeaten it is tempting fate particularly as you’ve already had two narrow squeaks but tbh I can’t see you losing many.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Every team needs to be worried about every game! Every team is capable of taking points off any team! Wolves beat Chelsea,Watford beat Spurs,Saints beat Arse!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Of course Mav nothings impossible Wimbledon beat Liverpool in an FA Cup Final denying them the Double but I will be amazed if we’re not talking about a Liverpool win tonight but maybe I’m wrong.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

27-You need a striker I read? Do you fancy Lukaku?Lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ll be watching tonight and then go to bed when it’s 3-0..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 125 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.