Home Community General Football Week 17 midweek footy (Including predictions)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Another quick turn around this week. Predictions in below!

[fp-predictionform match=”163-172″]

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Remember to get your predictions in for the midweek games before kickoff tonight! I’ve gone for Chelsea to drop another couple of points tonight. Huddersfield have given a few of the big sides problems this season and Chelsea’s confidence is knocked.

I think Palace will get another win too which will give them a good chance of getting out of that bottom 3

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Where is Banjoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo??!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Banjoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo has literally just got back from a long weekend visiting family and friends in London… and has just finished putting in the scores for tonight… and I prefer number 3… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Number 3 for me tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Well so much for my Palace prediction!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chelsea.man
                Participant

Bakayoko !

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chelsea.man
                  Participant

Willian ! Looks like the Editor may get his prediction wrong.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chelsea.man
                    Participant

Pedro !

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

Certainly does @Chelsea.man! Chelsea need this win to get their season back on track and cool the talk of Conte leaving

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

A comfortable 3 points for Chelsea towards the CL places and Burnley up to 4th.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Big Jim
                          Participant

Hughes is definitely tottering at Stoke.
                            Cant see Coates putting up with too many more losses.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chelsea.man
                            Participant

Tonight has given us another proof as to why we should keep Willian. The lad has been outstanding tonight. I have always been a massive fan of him. But looks like he is hitting form at the right time. I wa surprised by Bakayoko’s performance tonight. Not only h scored. But also his passing was outstandinΔ£ aΓ±d he had energy and drive. May be Fabregas may have taken some elements of his game away from him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

Yes nine. Burnley up to 4th crazy stuff.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chelsea.man
                                Participant

Well Gary Neville is predicting City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal top 4? Where is Liverpool? A bit biased? Andy Townsen went for City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool. I think that is the likely outcome but you can’t rule out others.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Spurs have had their blip and are still well in touch, I think they will move back into the top 4 when they get Alderwield back and if Kane keeps fit. Don’t think Arsenal will especially if they lose Sanchez in Jan. United must be favourites to also secure a top four finish as long as Mouriniho does not lose the plot. So it’s a toss up between Liverpool and Chelsea. To be honest I have no idea as the places change so frequently. It would be a brave or more likely stupid man who put big money on a top four sequence.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

“I think when you tell the truth, this is the truth. Now we have 14 points less than Manchester City. They have won 15 games and drew one. Instead in 17 games we lost four games.

When you have a competitor like Manchester City that every game they are winning it is very difficult to think you can fight for the title. Because, β€˜you are negative, positive, you think negative’, it’s bullsh*t, bullsh*t!

You must be realistic, we must be realistic. I would rather tell the truth, than a good lie. I am this way. Sometimes I can be too honest, but I like to speak very honest with my players with our fans also.

It doesn’t mean that we don’t try to catch them. But we have to hope we have a big, big slip and then for us to win every game in this league. This league is very difficult and every game you have to put 120 per cent of yourself, otherwise you risk to lose or draw and to drop points.

In your league when you have a team that have 16 games and 15 wins and draw one game it is not simple to think in a positive way.

In the last nine games we won seven games, drew against Liverpool and lost one game, but despite this we are now 11 points (away) and they play tomorrow, so the distance might be the same, 14 points.

They are having a fantastic path, but at the same time we must go game by game and get three points for our table. This league is very difficult, there are six teams to fight for the title and the Champions League and the Europa League.

We have to look at our ourselves and to improve and have this type of game, because I enjoyed to watch my players play this football.”

– Antonio Conte

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Big J… the problem with your above comment is Toby won’t be back until Feb by the sounds of it, we might be too far behind by then… but predicting 2nd thru 7th is going to be a nightmare this year. You can make a case for and against for just about everybody, even Burnley!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Anybody know what the game on the box is tonight? Would like the Spuds obviously, but quite fancy the Spammers vs Goonies too. Spammers seem to raise their game in a derby match… I foresee a few cards and multiple colors!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chelsea.man
                                          Participant

This season we didn’t deserve to win the league. and as a Chelsea fan i’m the first to come out and say City deservedly at top of the table. credit to them for their approach. but i think we will likely get top 3 finish, although i can see Liverpool giving us a run for our money in that area. the two North London teams are hit and miss this season. Spurs had a decent October but a Nightmare November. Arsenal at a times threaten to storm into the top 4. on the other hand we will give United a run for their money in their bid to finish second in the league. as for the City folks, congratulations for your record and possibly your win. i can’t see anyone catching you barring a catastrophic loss off form which is unlikely. they way the City fans conducted themselves has to be lauded also. but if we finish in the top 3 which is likely for me barring a catastrophic loss of form. and we get our recruitment spot on in the summer. plus keep Antonio Conte, Hazard, Courtois, Kante, Azpi, Christensen. plus a few senior players, also Rudiger and Bakayoko settle, i see no reason why we can’t win the league back. fingers crossed if all of these can happen in the summer.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Chelsea.man.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.