Home Community General Football Week 16: Judgement Night

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

That’s a lot of footy on Saturday with a couple of evening games!

Naturally, focus is on the Battle of the MoneyBags clubs, with Chelsea in a prime position to halt their mini-slump with a dramatic win over City.

Potential banana skins for Salahpool and the Harry Kane Team, should be points in the bank for YooUtd and the Goon Show….

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

i fancy chelsea to cause an upset this weekend and wouldnt be surprised to see liverpool top of the table come saturday evening.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Going to be interesting, that’s for sure. City are one of the very few teams (if any) who are good enough not to have to bother with the ‘Jorge-Block’ tactic which others have proven is a pretty decent way of stopping the whole ‘Sarri-Ball’ system… which would suggest Sarri is very likely to continue it. Off course, depending on how the game develops, Pepe could introduce it… he’s a smart lad who doesn’t just wear nice cardigans, that’s for sure.

I’m thinking no real surprises from either team regarding line-ups/formations, both teams have rested their big-dogs midweek. Hopefully it will live up to it’s hype… but purely for personal reasons, I’m hoping for a City win!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Can’t only see a city win chums

Chelsea are a very good side and great at home but this city team is just to good

Like who is going to stop them? By end of sat they will have played all the top sides away except utd. So is actually going to beat this team? They got through most of their difficult away games and show no signs of slowing down

Chelsea will attack them though. Shoukd be interesting

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

I’m inclined to agree, City just have too much going forwards and a much stronger defense too… but that’s why we play the game! Chelsea are really going to have to be on top of their game to have any chance of any sort of result.

The overall question is simply will Sarri just set-up as usual or possibly contemplate a twerk (see what I did there?) or two as it’s City? I can’t help feeling setting up as usual is going to play straight into City’s hands over the course of 90 minutes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Lol,Chelsea beating City- @ home is now considered an upset.But if they play like anything like they did against the Spuds and the Wolverines,they will get spanked,properly! A draw it is then..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

But that’s it banjo. Teams are afraid to attack city. Liverpool
                  And city at Anfield was because both teams were cautious. Maybe city showed a bit more balls towards the end and shoukd have won

Spurs had a go but I think most teams are more concerned about getting trashed by city

Show some balls and attack them. Lyon did twice and got 4 points

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Wasplicker… there’s very few teams outside the Top6 who fancy having a go at a Top6 side, watched a fair few sit-back against my boys too over the last 3/4 years… but who can blame them? Nobody really wants to be eaten by the lions, do they? Hope for a draw and maybe sneak a goal. I’ve even watched a few of them still sit back when 1-0 down, and then chucking the kitchen sink in the last 10 minutes, nothing to lose…
                    No team is unbeatable, even City, but having a crack at them in the first half when it’s still 0-0, that’s a daft as daft can get in my opinion.

Anyway, I think Chelsea are going to give it a go, nobody is really giving them a shot, they’re already in the “got nothing to lose” column like everybody else….

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Mav, Spurs and Wolves were two very different games v Spurs Chelsea deserved nothing and were lucky to get away with 3-1 but against Wolves despite 5 changes from the team v Fulham Chelsea completely dominated the game but failed to take their chances. City are a different animal altogether they’re probably currently the best team in Europe and anyone in the PL beating City currently would be a suprise.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Spurs still yet to field a full strength team this season. Current injury list – foyth, Sanchez, trippier, dembele, wanyama, lamela.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

9-I agree completely m8,but if City win this one its catch me if you can from City.Would be good for the neutrals and for the sake of the title-race,were Chelsea to win this one,or draw!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Paxo… what would be your strongest Spud 11, if all fit? Just curious… πŸ™‚

Personally, I would have a 5-1-3-1 which kinda plays like a 3-3-3-1 when needed…

GK – Obvious!
                            CB’s- Toby, Sanchez, Jan
                            FB’s/WB’s – Trippier and Rose
                            Holding Midfilder – Dier
                            AM – Son, Ali, Erik,
                            ST – Obvious, again! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

personally i would go with – hugo, trippier, toby, jan, rose, dier, winks, eriksen, alli, son, kane. really harsh on sanchez but toby and jan are our best partnership.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

It’s shows what such a good squad spurs have pax

What positions to they need to upgrade on?

That 1st you mention is very strong

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Not bad, wanted to put in the Moose, but I think we’ve seen his better days, injured or not, and basically it was a choice between Sanchez or Dinksy Winksy… 3 CB’s & 1 DM vs 2’cbs& 2 CM’S…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

sean i think if we have money available next season there are actually quite a few positions we can improve. i think both full back spots are up for grabs and also also midifield positions. i like winks and think he could be excellent but if i’m looking at the here and now, he can most definitely be improved on. our list of central midfielders is dier, wanyama, winks, dembele, sissoko. would not be disappointed to see any of them replaced.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Mav, not sure why you would say that. If City win and Liverpool win nothings changed.

Of course Liverpool fans will be hoping Chelsea can do them a favour and I understand the most likely places City will drop points is against the top 6 but the year Chelsea last won the title they lost at home to Palace so you just never know.

Tbh I can see City going through the season unbeaten but I will be delighted to be proved wrong tomorrow.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Full-backs is certainly our weakest spots I reckon, followed by the midfield.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

For those who haven’t seen it, I reckon this has to be game of the season…

Tammy’s 2nd goal is a classic… actually, there are some cracking goals in this!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

9-Thats why I said it,there are not many place City are expected to drop points.And like I said earlier,Liverpool are not firing on all cylinders like last season,whereas City are scoring for fun!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.