Home Community General Football Week 16 Footy (including predictions)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Some big ones this weekend! The Manchester derby is probably the most defining one. A win for City and the probable becomes the inevitable.

A win for Utd would close the gap to 5 points. I fancy a draw personally. Get your predictions in below

[fp-predictionform match=”153-162″]

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

Much deliberation on the derby. I would like to think we can come away with all three points but I think we will concede. I think we need to score first to have a chance to entice United into a more open game. Tough fixture as even if we do score Mouriniho knows Pep will still get City to press high up field and so he can afford to sit back soak up the pressure and hit us on the counter. Perhaps a draw would be better.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

After much deliberation, I made it all up in 12 seconds.. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Big Jim
          Participant

Hazard is doing his bang average display today. No way is this lad consistent enough to be a top top player. Turns it on one game but then not the next?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Credit to Moyes he set West Ham up well and they had the advantage of practicing their game plan last week.

Very frustrating from a Chelsea perspective, poor throw ins, poor passing, poor finishing and poor creativity with none of our big players at their best despite circa 70% possesion.

But congrats to West Ham they worked really hard for that win.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

What a goal from Defoe.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Sounds like Spuds are back, 4-0 up against Stoke… and a return to the 4-2-3-1 formation that has served us well over the last couple years before this 3/5 at the back nonsense.. and with both Trippier and Davies as FB’s… who would have thought?

Memo to Poncho, stick to this 11 please? With the current injuries we have, this is the best 11 imho!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Chucky πŸ˜€ ! Back to winning ways mate. Kane bring me points on my Fantasy Team πŸ™‚

Good to win my acca, but had to put another in after the surprise result at West Ham.

Unusual, but credit to the Hammers. I don’t know whether it’s to rid the reporters/etc, but I don’t think Conte should lose belief that the Title Race is over. A big portion of football supporters I believe have already aligned themselves to Man United hoping they will throw a big spanner into their long unbeaten run.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

“To speak about the title race after a defeat is a bit strange, especially if this is the fourth defeat of the season, after 16 games. When you have that it’s impossible to think you are in the race, my experience tells me if you want to stay in the race in the first part of the season you can lose once or twice.

β€˜After 16 games, if you lose four it means you never got started. We started with a defeat at home to Burnley. We lost another game, against Man City, but we have reasons to justify that. Then when you lose to Crystal Palace, who were bottom, and West Ham, who are in a bad position, you can lose points in these games but it means you are not in the title ”

Difficult to disagree with Conte personally the title chase for Chelsea was over a while ago imo whether City lose to United or not the only real challenger would be United bar a complete collapse and City and Pep are too good for that and probably too good for United too in the long term.

Today’s loss to West Ham was only damaging to Chelsea’s chase for the CL places and we need to get back to winning ways on Tuesday away to Huddersfield if possible.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Nil-I agree mate,spot on.Managers and players should never think/say the race is over! In here we are just simple fans,can say and write anything and everything.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Mav, true mate.

You don’t always receive a measured response on a back of an uncharacteristic defeat and that’s fully understandable and you can empathize. Maybe at that moment, Conte felt perhaps it’s a little too much to make up.

Maybe he may be thinking something different behind the scenes or after the dust settles, they’ll be new words drilled into the players during the training session.

Sometimes I think it’s always better just to go along with what reporters are trying to steer you in and then prove them wrong by winning matches.

I’d like to see what the reaction would be tomorrow night with the Bookmakers if United were to deliver an emphatic defeat.

This is a little sometimes like the weather forecast Mav, hahaha πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

With regards to Conte’s comments, you can hardly expect him to say they’re still in it, if he did us cyber warriors on here would be all over like a rash on a teenagers face. Chelsea ain’t in it, we all know that, kinda think it’s a bit refreshing he isn’t trying to blow smoke up people’s Arsenal’s (a’la Maureen) to be honest.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

You’re right πŸ™‚ Maybe that explains why I myself feel towards a lot more I’m kindness πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

banjo, and in fairness Conte was asked the question in his post match interview right after the game in front of the Camera’s and there were only two answers yes or no and no was the correct answer.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

How’s the weather looking now lads?

No word on games being called off

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Forecast much better, bit of snow in Cheshire this morning.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Lots of regions including ours have Snow. Can’t see any of the matches being called off though.

Old Trafford is state of the art πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Good news lads looking forward to today’s games particularly the Manchester Derby. Just started snowing in Sunny Somerset.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

What a goal from Defoe yesterday!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Big Jim
                                          Participant

I’m nervous. Need a big dog walk. And something creative to do to pass some time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.