Home Community General Football Week 14 footy (including predictions)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Midweek games this week. Get your predictions in! Some tough games in there. Can’t see Utd winning away at Watford. Spurs and Liverpool both have tricky ties too

[fp-predictionform match=”133-142″]

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Easy win for Liverpool IMHO,Spurs to win too!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Dunno Goose, Foxy Ladies have the pace to cause us some issues and we’ve been stuttering a bit in the League… pity we can’t play Real Madrid every week, they’re rubbish (apparently!). 🙂

And to be fair, the Pottery Barn have it in their locker to cause anybody some trouble if they can be bothered to show up.

The only banker would be City at the Saints and the Chav’s at home to the Giraffe Doves.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

i’ve gone for leicester to beat spurs. our recent performances in the league have been poor. apart from liverpool we have struggled a lot. Lost against united and arsenal without turning up, drew with west brom and struggled to 1-0 wins over bournemouth and palace. the players need a real kick up the ass and have to start performing or its back to square one very quickly!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Goose Sheila? Goes without saying Skip,that anybody can beat/draw with anyone,Huddersfield vs United,CP vs Chelsea,etc,but I think both Pool and the Spuds will come away with wins!.Your lads [chickens or cocks?] struggle @ home-usually,but away to the Foxes should be alright! Liverpool on the counter-attack should have too much for the Potters too!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Wasn’t he Mav’s best buddy? We know your lot are always the bridesmaids and all that, but yes, it’s played on the grass, not on paper, anybody can beat anybody, except Spuds who never beat YouUtd and City, who never get beat full stop.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

I wonder what game is on my box tonight… bet it’s the bloody Watford game…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Watford v United live on Sky banjo so probably. Should be a good game though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Or United never beats Watford Banjo?! Hehehe.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Bloody Watford, always on the telly… although they’re replying the Spuds game at midnight (my time!)… I’ll have to check the scores first before I stay up for that one!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Apologies it’s a BT Sport game tonight.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Still bloody Watford…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Reckon I’m gonna carry on with “Gotham” Season 3, and check the scores at half-time… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Bugger me… regret checking the HT…. see you all in the morning… or maybe not… it’s all going Pete Tong, ain’t it?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Ashley Young scored two very nice goals already. He has to go to the World Cup next year, as much for his versatility as anything else. Tonight should have been a tough game for Utd but Watford have been pegged back all game with Utd looking like scoring from every attack. Should have been 4 but for a stunning double save from Gomes just before the break

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Well, bullocks to that, sounds like we missed some sitters in the second half, with Erikson, Dier and Kane all having decent chances to score or tie the game.

Get November over with for fooks sake…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Big Jim
                                    Participant

Good win for United by the sounds of things. Not sure two performances in ages by Young merits a place on the plane ed ? But I supose its about having options and we are not blessed with creative players. Not sure what’s happened to Spurs. What is that three losses and a draw in the last five PL games? Arsenal are riding their luck and suddenly all is well with Wenger? and Sanchez and Ozil are staying? Don’t think so somehow on either front.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Big J… not too sure what is going on, teams have figured out how to frustrate us at Wembly and generally play a 5-5-0 formation, especially if we gift them a goal like we did against the Baggies last week, and the wheels have well and truly fallen off away from home lately. From a glass half full angle, the YooUtd, Ali missed a sitter 30 seconds before we gifted them their goal from a long ball, although we deserved to lose overall both goals against the Goonies were somewhat fortuitous, and looking at the reports from last night, Leicester deserved the lead at half-time but we simply didn’t put our chances away and quite possibly should have drawn/won the match based on the 2nd half. Hopefully just a blip… away to bloody Watford next….

From a team perspective, we haven’t too bad all year, coping without Wananayaamamaa okay, but I think Alderweirierieireirddld getting injured has upset the balance in the defense, don’t look as calm and assured without him and I think that’s spreading through the team, especially if fall behind in a game. And Dele has been pants this year, basically playing with 10 men in most of the games he’s featured. He needs a good kick up the backside, and possibly dropping for a few games.

Off course, now we’ll go and beat your mob in a couple of weeks at your patch… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Big Jim
                                        Participant

Not seen much of spurs this year Chucky so surprised at Dele Alli. When I have seen him he looks a real game changer, moves into the box and finds space, links up well with Kane and attacks the ball, has an edge to his game which is important I think. What do you think is the problem. Is he believing his own hype too much. Does he need dropping? Jim. City vs Spurs are always good games for the neutral not so much for my nerves.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

Jim, Young has been solid all season to be fair. He’s been without a doubt one of Utd’s best players. He won’t be a defining inclusion to the squad but I’d take him. We’re not blessed for left sided players and he can play anywhere from left back to left wing (& even on the right) and do a job.

As for Spurs, I’m starting to wonder if Poch is one of those managers who are great when there is no pressure or expectations on their team but struggles when it comes to being expected to get a result or being in a position where they’re expected to fight for the league. Klopp is a little bit like that for me too. They’re the kind of managers who are masters at getting to finals against the odds but lack the final bit of man management skills to get the prize once expectations have been built up.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 72 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.