Home Community General Football Week 14 1/2: Untitled (Just to Keep Nil Happy).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Couldn’t resist putting this one up a bit early, but considering Liberools are very likely to be 11 points clear I reckon this season is done and dusted.

CONGRATULATIONS TO LIBEROOOLS, 2019/20 PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS!!!

Anyway, I reckon Moaning Maureens’ return up Norff is the pick of the bunch, suspect a 0-0 coming up or can he make it 4 from 4??

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Pagan
      Participant

Chuckles, bit disappointed in you bottling the thread title, I’d have been creative, seasonal, but also sensitive to Mr. Balance, and gone for.

GW 15 – Yule never walk alone

….Pagan

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Pagan.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Peggy Sue, that was on the list for week 18 cyber chum…

And you should have seen some of the suggestions other people come up with…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

Ok, fair enough, just make sure the thread titles are we’ll balanced from now on….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

They’ll be well-balanced alright, a chip on each shoulder… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-insists-wouldnt-leave-20992109
                Lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Chucks, my Humble Apologies re the other Thread Mate.

It’s certainly a helping hand today from Newcastle, Brighton gave us a scare though and Adrian I think is just going to find a way to make his own Mistake haha, for the sake of it.

I think Jose and Brendan might have a say – Leicester and Tottenham Away not too far away from the fourth-coming Fixture Calendar.

🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Nil..more like a helping hand from City, who did not play badly but below how they should have performed. All you can do now is loose it because I do not see any team catching you.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Brian, I Wholeheartedly Appreciate Your Kind Words.

However, there clearly are Teams we can’t fully be sure of in what they’ll ultimately raise.

The reasoning perhaps to put forward quite frankly is that we have no been Winners.

In this climate, I don’t really see 10 or 11 points as any Shield. 2 Games lost or 2 games drawn…….. The Media Prints and every other soul washes their hands .

I’m not taking anything for granted, above all.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

“All you can do now is loose it because I do not see any team catching you. ”

All we have to do is start getting results to fall slightly over to the other side of the thin line that they have been falling so far.

I’ve put this in bold because you lads know I’m right when I say that we’ve had at LEAST 4 close calls. that’s the difference between getting 12 points and 4. So I’m nipping in the bud what we’re seeing here, the building up of our team to be able to comment on “the great fall”.

The season is not over, the title is not back on merseyside. We’re not even at the half way line and although I’d love to agree with you all, I can’t because we’re not playing to a high enough standard to maintain this form. We will start to drop points and it won’t be us “bottling it”, it’ll be a the normality of what happens to any side over a 38 game season, good days and bad days.

Are City out of the title race? for now they are yes. That isn’t to say that they can’t get themselves back in there. 6-7 wins in a row and I assure you, we’ll all be saying that they are back in it. Another 14 winning stream like last season and they might be well ahead of us… AGAIN. It literally just happened last season.

Now, I say this with the 2 main teams on the lips of millions but there mare still 2 other sides in here. Ok Chelsea have hurt themselves big time by losing to West Ham and City the week before but one was a derby and the other was a small team from the North (JK). Leicester are definitely in this, will they get closer to us over time or vanish from contention? Who knows but don’t tell me right at this moment that they are not in the running.

We’ve been accused of counting our chickens on here a few times, well don’t do it for us either please.

Brian : ” I do not see any team catching you. ”

maybe, I hope you’re right. This is a lot better than congratulating us etc *cough *CHUCKY!!! *cough* 😛

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

It’s done and dusted cyber chum… we can bet all the Mars Bars you want it isn’t!! Be like taking candy from a baby!!! Wanna lose some Monster Munch to??? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

So Chuckles

GW 15 – Noel way back from here

….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Nice one Peggy Sue, I’ll put it on the list (other nominations are welcome!).

Watching the highlights from yesterday, that Harry Wilson looks like a proper baller. Spuds desreved it overall, but the bloody hand-ball nonsense with VAR has to stop. At the very least make it the same for both sides.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

I wouldn’t have said this even if we were 30 games in. Look at for example yesterday’s uncharacteristic result at the Bridge?

Sterling yesterday breaks the deadlock and you’d expect City to be 2 up by half-time?

I think it’s dangerous from a Media POV to be swayed into their tide. Let’s say Liverpool drop points by drawing 2 matches in succession, they immediately switch their thinking to “now in doubt” or put others in doubt from “done and dusted”.

It’ll be those same people who’d have told you drinking one glass of Wine is good for your heart too it being bad for you the day after.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Thing is Nil, Liberool basically have a 4 defeat margin to play, so even if any of Foxy Ladies, Money City or Frank’s Young Boys win every single one of their remaining games this season, Liberools still have a few “mulligans” in the bank.

Now, ask yourself, do you genuinely think any of those teams are going to when their next 24 games? I very much doubt that, the very best of them are likely to lose at least two more, maybe even three… which now gives Liberools 17/20 points to “play” with… of course Liberool are going to drop points at some stage (they’re not that good! 🙂 ) but are they going to drop enough?? I doubt it. Title is yours, the Fat Lady is singing and taking requests.

In fact, I reckon they’ll win it by more than current 11 point gap. This is yours to lose and if you lose it, then I will absolutely take the Micheal… 🙂 but that just isn’t going to happen so you’re safe.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Pep started this mate, don’t blame me lol 😛 😀

100 points I believe is the threshold or the barometer – we got a long way to go before we’ve fully rid of the T-1000 hahaha 😀

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.